Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Mid-State Week 3

Greenwood (2-0) @ Martinsville (1-1)- Greenwood's offense gets a tougher test this week playing Martinsville. Greenwood 38-21

DC (2-0) @ Whiteland (1-1)- DCs win last week was surprising and a huge win for the Hawks. They have the talent to beat anyone, but I foresee the experience factor playing a role in a loss or two this season. Whiteland got beat by a very good Kokomo squad. This one could have some ramifications over deciding the eventual Mid-State champion. DC 24-21

Plainfield (2-0) @ Mooresville (1-1)- Plainfield gets a big win over #6 Harrison. They will likely see them again come sectional time. Plainfield 31-21

Franklin (1-1) @ Perry Meridan (1-1)- Franklin jumps out early and doesn't step off the brakes. Franklin 42-17

Power Rankings After Week 2

1. Plainfield

2. DC

3. Whiteland

4. Franklin

5. Greenwood/Mooresville

7. Martinsville

8. Perry Meridian 

Edited by FridayNightLights

Martinsville has underperformed a bit and Greenwood has shown improvement. I still think Martinsville is better though. I think last week's game against Bloomington South was an indicator of how good Bloomington South is this year and not so much an indicator of Martinsville being a bad team.

Martinsville 35, Greenwood 21

Decatur Central is coming off of a strong performance against New Palestine that saw them come back and win. Is the Decatur of yesterday back and ready to take the Mid-State? Whiteland is still a formidable opponent, but last week's loss against Kokomo can raise some questions.

Decatur Central 26, Whiteland 13

Mooresville played their best game at Plainfield last year, winning 38-7. However, Plainfield looks very strong this year, and from what has been seen so far, this Mooresville team looks worse than those quarterbacked by Patterson. I'll take Plainfield close.

Plainfield 20, Mooresville 14

Franklin should have an easy game against Perry Meridian. Just too much disparity in talent.

Franklin 35, Perry Meridian 7

Should be a fun week in the Mid-State.

Holding out on how far Martinsville has dropped off from last year, but saw Greenwood for awhile last week at IC. They threw the ball, I think, six times in first quarter. SHOCKING change from what they have run previously. Anyway, holding out on their offensive abilities since IC seems so young on defense, but Greenwood defense did not appear to be ready for prime time. They have some interior size, though. 

Last year's sectional showdown was such a brutal beating by Martinsville, the type of game the mercy rule was designed for.