• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired
Sign in to follow this  
John_Spencer

Evansville Reitz

THANKS a BUNCH TEAM EVANSVILLE!!!   Seriously!!!  You don't have any idea the amount of PMs I get from coaches who are or attempting to obtain a job  and they are so grateful our members have the professionalism and courtesy to let the process play out!!!   Many Thanks!!!! 

Congrats to Cory Brunson on Harrison job. He's got a huge mountian to climb, but if there is anyone up to the challange it's Cory. Harrison

has far to much talent walking the hallways to have fallen as far as they have from the Marsh Teams. They were contenders in the SIAC ever year. Good Luck Cory.

Andy and Sears were co-offensive coordinators at Franklin College.

THANKS a BUNCH TEAM EVANSVILLE!!!   Seriously!!!  You don't have any idea the amount of PMs I get from coaches who are or attempting to obtain a job  and they are so grateful our members have the professionalism and courtesy to let the process play out!!!   Many Thanks!!!! 

I think they did this out of respect for Coach Jason Nowlin.  (The one Mom liked best).

Andy and Sears were co-offensive coordinators at Franklin College.

Franklin's website just lists Josiah, but I stand corrected.

Congrats to Cory Brunson on Harrison job. He's got a huge mountian to climb, but if there is anyone up to the challange it's Cory. Harrison

has far to much talent walking the hallways to have fallen as far as they have from the Marsh Teams. They were contenders in the SIAC ever year. Good Luck Cory.

I had an interesting conversation with a HHS supporter last night.  I said the same thing you say (about talent in the hallways) and said it is just about getting more kids out.  He didn't agree and said the biggest issue is the lack of administrative support and the lack of a feeder system because kids who want to play football just aren't going to Harrison (if they have any means to go elsewhere - travel, etc.).  As he explained his thoughts, I tend to believe that the feeder deficiency is probably the biggest "mountain" Cory will have to climb.  I know Bosse and Harrison tried to work within the LVO football program, but it doesn't seem to be paying dividends (yet).  What are your thoughts?  It's an interesting issue given the proximity of the schools.    

I had an interesting conversation with a HHS supporter last night.  I said the same thing you say (about talent in the hallways) and said it is just about getting more kids out.  He didn't agree and said the biggest issue is the lack of administrative support and the lack of a feeder system because kids who want to play football just aren't going to Harrison (if they have any means to go elsewhere - travel, etc.).  As he explained his thoughts, I tend to believe that the feeder deficiency is probably the biggest "mountain" Cory will have to climb.  I know Bosse and Harrison tried to work within the LVO football program, but it doesn't seem to be paying dividends (yet).  What are your thoughts?  It's an interesting issue given the proximity of the schools.    

It has been said on many threads here the lack of a self-contained quality youth league is klling them.  In Cory's qwest for a head coaching gig he did a lot of research and a took close look at some of the youth programs that seem to be productive in SW Indiana.  However, starting your own can be a huge mountain to climb ie...  Incorporation, applicaitons for 501© 3, insurance, equipment, volunteers..the list goes on and on.  Perhaps they can make the LVO thing work?

Coach Hape came to Franklin my senior year and I was the only senior on the oline that year. I thank God everyday I had that one year to be around such a great coach and an even better person. Reitz is beyond lucky to have Coach Hape come back to lead the helm! Congrats Coach Hape......truly deserved

We keep it classy round here! :P

• Upvote 1

Who are the new assistant coaches at Reitz, replacing all of those that went with Cory to Harrison?

Is the talent level down at Reitz?

Who is going to be the QB?

How is everyone responding to the new coach?

Is the new coach making big changes?

Who are the new assistant coaches at Reitz, replacing all of those that went with Cory to Harrison?

Good questions all. I'm sure many will be answered next Friday(Aug 9) at the RMen stag night. I would encourage all Reitz fans to come out and meet Coach Hape and his staff. I did meet Coach and got to talk to him for a while, and I was impressed. He seems like a straight forward, level headed guy itching to get started. He did say he was pleased with what he has seen so far. As far as the QB goes, I think Reagen will start barring something unseen. He is a big kid(6-3) , and many fans have wanted him to play since he was a sophomore. With Sommers and Higgins to throw to and Esters running the ball, we will have some weapons on offense, but as always much will depend on how the O-line comes together. Time will tell on where the talent level is at overall.(Forgive any spelling errors on the kids names)

Guest Harperx6

Good questions all. I'm sure many will be answered next Friday(Aug 9) at the RMen stag night. I would encourage all Reitz fans to come out and meet Coach Hape and his staff. I did meet Coach and got to talk to him for a while, and I was impressed. He seems like a straight forward, level headed guy itching to get started. He did say he was pleased with what he has seen so far. As far as the QB goes, I think Reagen will start barring something unseen. He is a big kid(6-3) , and many fans have wanted him to play since he was a sophomore. With Sommers and Higgins to throw to and Esters running the ball, we will have some weapons on offense, but as always much will depend on how the O-line comes together. Time will tell on where the talent level is at overall.(Forgive any spelling errors on the kids names)

Ive heard a little different on who is starting at those positions. I heard Vokman will start qb and higgins will be the rb. Im sure we will find out this friday at the scrimmage for sure. I think this team could be a lot better than the last two. 

My source tells me Reagan is the QB.  Malik and Summers at WR with Hanson in the slot

Anybody know about coach Hart being at Evansville Central?  He was in an Evansville Courier article about Central as if he is helping out there. Last I heard he was at some Northern IL school.

I heard Coach Ship only returning assistant Coach

I know coach Backes is back(former defensive cordinator and running back coach). Will find out more Friday.

Anybody know about coach Hart being at Evansville Central?  He was in an Evansville Courier article about Central as if he is helping out there. Last I heard he was at some Northern IL school.

I saw that too.  I'm betting he was just there giving some kind motivational talk? Scary sight to say the least.

Went to the RMEN stag Friday and met the new coaches. Not as much turnover as I first thought. Coach Hape will be the offensive coordinator calling plays. Coach Moers is back at defensive coordinator. Coach Shipp is back at line coach, Coach Backes is back working with the running backs. Coach Stephenson is back but now is in charge of the cub and freshman programs. Many former players have moved up to fill other spots. Ryan McIntosh is the QB coach, Brad Rowe is the LB coach, Morgan Jones is working the receivers, Tony Ewers is working with the D line, etc. In addition, many other former players are helping with the cub and freshman programs. I may have forgotten to mention a few others, but ( several) beer is not a great memory enhancer. I can not tell you how impressed I was with Coach Hape. He came across as very articulate, passionate, and honest. He has great respect for the Reitz tradition and IMO the program is in very good hands going forward. As far as the scrimmage Saturday, it was really hard to tell with out any numbers, but Reagan does throw a really nice ball. We will find out more next week against Mater Dei.

Any news on what Coach Hart is doing now?  What is just a cameo at Central and if so, why?

Any news on what Coach Hart is doing now?  What is just a cameo at Central and if so, why?

Did you actually read the article you talked about in the other post about Central and Coach Hart? This is what it said under the picture " Huntley High School football coach John Hart speaks to the Central Bears football team after their first practice of the season Monday afternoon. The former Reitz, Mount Carmel (Ill.) and Edwards County (Ill.) coach had a week to visit family before starting his team's first workouts in Huntley, Ill."

Did you actually read the article you talked about in the other post about Central and Coach Hart? This is what it said under the picture " Huntley High School football coach John Hart speaks to the Central Bears football team after their first practice of the season Monday afternoon. The former Reitz, Mount Carmel (Ill.) and Edwards County (Ill.) coach had a week to visit family before starting his team's first workouts in Huntley, Ill."

I guess it would be no surprise that he stopped by Gibson Southern practice as well.

In the actual newspaper article (hard copy), they left out that second sentence.  So, yes I did actually read the article.  It also left out the first part where they call him the Huntley high school football coach.  Here is exactly what they said originally: "Former Reitz coach John Hart speaks to the Central football team after their first practice of the season Monday afternoon."

To correct my question, I meant to say was it just a cameo.

In the actual newspaper article (hard copy), they left out that second sentence.  So, yes I did actually read the article.  It also left out the first part where they call him the Huntley high school football coach.  Here is exactly what they said originally: "Former Reitz coach John Hart speaks to the Central football team after their first practice of the season Monday afternoon."

To correct my question, I meant to say was it just a cameo.

I guess our friend from Tecumseh didn't actually read the newspaper before commenting. We Reitz folks( most of us anyway) can read just fine, thank you. Really looking forward to this week and the return of Coach Lewis with Henderson County, KY. Hopefully we can give him a very special welcome back. I was pleasantly surprised at the scrimmage with what I saw against Mater Dei. Defense looks good, and if the O line comes around , we could do well.