• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  
Sign in to follow this  
Coach Nowlin

Bears 2016 and NOW 2017

Definitely been a good off-season so far and things are progressing in the right direction. But just for fun...

Does 1 of those 5 picks go to a QB? If so, which round would you be happy seeing a QB taken?

Or...how would you feel about trying to put together a package (let's say a 3 and 4) and trying to get Mike Glennon out of Tampa Bay? the asking price seems to be a 2nd rounder, but that's too high for the Bears to spend IMO but with the lack of real quality in the draft I wouldn't mind seeing a 3rd and the extra 4th given up for a cheap QB with experience like Glennon for a 1-year trial

I would invest a 3rd-5th round on QB, if you hit you hit, if you don't you don't, but I wouldn't be objectable to resigning #6 at the end of the year if he continues with Loggins way he was with Gase 

For the second straight day, Bears continue to add depth to their offensive line by picking up free agent Ted Larsen, who has started 57 games in 6 seasons at 3 different positions. Yesterday it was Manny Ramirez. 1 yr. contracts for not a lot of $$. I like it.

couldn't agree more Bob, very prudent deals and creates incredible depth and flexibility inside G/C/G 

Should the Bears make a play for Josh Norman?

Should the Bears make a play for Josh Norman?

seems to be to "boisterous" for my liking, but is he one of those "scheme" corners?  Panthers are 4-3 squad, Bears now are full on 3-4, but he can play some, no doubt, but seems like from the peripheral he comes with some baggage 

seems to be to "boisterous" for my liking, but is he one of those "scheme" corners?  Panthers are 4-3 squad, Bears now are full on 3-4, but he can play some, no doubt, but seems like from the peripheral he comes with some baggage

There are a lot of pretty good corners toting around "baggage," like Patrick Peterson, Richard Sherman, even going back to Neon Deion. All is forgiven ... if they can play.

yea, but we took last year to clean up from that culture, so they might be not so willing to potentially bring another one back in, but I get what you are saying 100% and it is true, me personally, I say pass but I would be gladly wrong if they sign him and he is an All Pro

I believe Bears did a nice job addressing many defensive positions to create competition but more importantly better athletes to fill out our special teams rosters which was a major disaster in our coverage units as a whole.  

Like Hoyer signing as well, confident in his skill set if pressed into duty.  Gives them 1 more year to develop Fales to keep/trade or dump at years end

I've got to say I'm impressed with the way Pace has pretty much done a complete overhaul of the roster in just a couple of years. They've gotten a lot younger and a lot more athletic. Now let's see if that translates to wins on the field.

• Upvote 1

absolutely agree

Some radio chatter throughout the day saying Long maybe on the move to LT, not sure I am in on that.

I would say Long to LT is now a definite no go with cutting of Slaussen and another good cut of Rolle.   Saves well over 2 Million by cutting Rolle.  Just cut 2 of our oldest players.  Thumbs Up from this guy 

Read an article today ranking the playing careers of each NFL head coach from 1 to 32 and I came across these Spicoli-esque photos of John Fox. They're pure awesomeness.

image.jpg

Edited by Andy G

I realize it's just a preseason game, but 22 - 0?  Didn't watch the game, but most teams score at least one time even with the 3rd stringers playing.  Whether he played or not, is this Cutler's last year in Chicago?  Just curious how the Bears fans feel about that.  He's never been a great quarterback in the league and maybe it's because he has been on the wrong team.  I expected a LOT more out of him coming out of college.  Seems to me he is just an average type QB.  Maybe I'm wrong but that is how his performance seems to me.

Didn't watch the game, but give really 2 hoots about anything pre season wise.  

Jay Cutler in this current NFL landscape is Top 15 QB:  Not Top 5, but in the 2nd/3rd tiers.   There are some Bad QBs out there my friends. 

Cutler looked very good and comfortable last night in his 2 drives.  Run game too.  Obviously I know Pats didn't have a full D unit out there, but execution was good, hated the 2 big penalties that hurt momentum, but needless to say when motivated, Alshon looked all that and then some.  

Bears lock up Long, that will work!!  

Hopefully this new guy from Packers still has 2 years left........

Lets roll.......

If Sitton continues his pattern over the last few seasons, he could go another 15 years :)

signing linemen that have been released is a VERY high risk chance.

talked to a good friend of mine who is a huge packer fan.  He said he had the injury last year, but felt like he was a guy that had 3-4 years left easily, he said that Packers have to pay 4 lineman next year, so someone had to go at some point and their only option was to release him since no trade candidates stepped forward.  

With reluctance, I have finally come to the conclusion that the Bears need to move on from Jay Cutler. Jay is an NFL quarterback, but it is crystal clear that he's not going to change - he is what he is. And what he is is a guy with a golden arm, but is so driven to make a play, and has so much confidence in his arm, that he is, quite simply, a turnover machine. And you can't be giving the opponent extra possessions and/or a short field in today's offensive NFL. I'm not suggesting he should be benched - Brian Hoyer is not an answer. Barring a miraculous turnaround, they're not going anywhere this year. Time to draft a QB, or trade for a young one you think you can develop. I think Jay has, in part, gotten a bad rap. He has also been unlucky in terms of offensive coordinators. But that's the breaks in the big leagues.

• Upvote 2