Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #5

21-6 on the season...

Cathedral @ North Central:  After a disappointing loss on Saturday morning, I would not want to be line up across from the Irish the following time out yet that is the position hapless North Central finds themselves in.  The Irish should comfortably roll here, 45-0.

Harvest Prep (OH) @ Center Grove:  Another team from the Buckeye state travels to Greenwood this Friday night and I know very little about them other than the fact that they are 3-0.  MaxPreps has em at #35 in Ohio and if that is even close to true, it'll be a long bus ride back east.  CG rolls 31-7.

Lawrence Central @ Pike:  Should have gone with my gut in the preseason as I had LN as the better of the two Lawrence Township schools.  LC got some traction for me, albeit in a loss, after their thriller against Westfield.  Turns out that it may be fool's gold as I had them firmly in the top ten.  This also makes me question my loyalty to Westfield.  Pike is improving but I think LC gets back on track here.  Bears win 31-17.

Lawrence North @ Carmel:  Will the real Carmel squad please stand up?  The Hounds have now been on both sides of lopsided scores this season after getting their doors blown off in Louisville.  After BD, the MIC is chaos and this matchup should provide some clarity.  Is there a less respected 4-0 team in 6A than LN?  Count me as one of them.  I am going to roll with Carmel in a mild upset here just because they are at home.  23-20 Hounds.

Warren Central @ Ben Davis:  East side vs west side.  The Warriors have now rattled off two in a row after an 0-2 start and travel to their rivals' place to try to get above .500.  The Giants showed well for themselves last week though I hate the term "moral victory."  Interesting coaching story here as both head coaches formerly coached on the opposing sideline.  Giant fans remember the last time they hosted this rivalry and won't let it happen again.  I think BD pulls away here 35-20.

What say you?

On 9/11/2023 at 11:52 AM, temptation said:

Harvest Prep (OH) @ Center Grove:  Another team from the Buckeye state travels to Greenwood this Friday night and I know very little about them other than the fact that they are 3-0.  MaxPreps has em at #35 in Ohio and if that is even close to true, it'll be a long bus ride back east.  CG rolls 31-7.

I don't know much about Harvest Prep.  Looked it up and its just SE of Columbus.  3.5 hour drive for them.  Ugh.

5 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

I am surprised temp has BD by only 15...confused actually  !

Not sure what happened in the Lawrence Central/Pike game, but he sure pegged the other four. He's the only one who didn't have BD in a route. 

16 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

Yep... didn't see that coming... didn't think WC was as bad as he thought but sure didn't think they'd give BD fits !

Warren Central has both size and athletes. That's a dangerous combination. 

7 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

Yep... didn't see that coming... didn't think WC was as bad as he thought but sure didn't think they'd give BD fits !

Rivalry game, BD coming off an emotional one.

Warren did score two special teams touchdowns, though I guess you could also say BD had a pick six.

Warren may have lost their QB for the season last night…don’t want to speculate but he left the game with an air cast on his arm in the first quarter.

Freshman kid came in and showed some grit, made some decent throws.

Still not sold on Warren’s offense taking enough pressure off of their D though.

Edited by temptation

7 hours ago, temptation said:

Rivalry game, BD coming off an emotional one.

Warren did score two special teams touchdowns, though I guess you could also say BD had a pick six.

Warren may have lost their QB for the season last night…don’t want to speculate but he left the game with an air cast on his arm in the first quarter.

Freshman kid came in and showed some grit, made some decent throws.

Still not sold on Warren’s offense taking enough pressure off of their D though.

Warren has a championship level defense. They are very good and sound. That freshman has an arm and he looks bigger than 5-11 and 175. 

Warren is getting to the Regional. I could see them making a run. The coaching staff did a fantastic job last night just keeping the team in it on the sidelines. On the Ben Davis side, the Giants had better find some answers to some things. I like what Coach Mann said in the Star. It was a "humbling" win. Got lucky. Sometimes you get those.