• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street
Sign in to follow this  
Coach Nowlin

Bears 2016 and NOW 2017

Just now, FishDuck said:

I'm really not a fan of Romo, I don't see him being able to withstand a full season again in his career. I think he can still spin it, but I wouldn't want to pay him and cringe every time he takes a solid hit. I would prefer to go after cheaper free agents who haven't proven themselves yet i.e. Mike Glennon, Landry Jones, Case Keenum, EJ Manuel. Not the greatest options, but they could play for a month while you warm up a rook.

I don't love Watson, but would absolutely take him on day 2. I like Trubisky from UNC and Kaaya from the U.

I like Mike Glennon and I think he can be good in this league.

I think Kaaya would  benefit staying at The U for his Senior year, but it makes sense to come out in this weak QB class.

GB

1 minute ago, GB4 said:

I like Mike Glennon and I think he can be good in this league.

I think Kaaya would  benefit staying at The U for his Senior year, but it makes sense to come out in this weak QB class.

GB

Agree on both parts. Kaaya would be a developmental guy, I wouldn't start him in week 1 but if you can get him in the 2nd round of the draft (like you said, it is a weak QB class so I think he rises to a potential 1st round pick) he could be a quality starter in a year or 2.

• Upvote 1

Bears TE Zach Miller has surgery on his foot and is out for the season. LB Jerrell Freeman is suspended for 4 games for PEDs.

GB

33 minutes ago, GB4 said:

Bears TE Zach Miller has surgery on his foot and is out for the season. LB Jerrell Freeman is suspended for 4 games for PEDs.

GB

LOL it just keeps getting better..

• Upvote 1

It won't matter what QB we have back their if you cannot protect him. 

I am so sick of hearing how great Dak Prescott is, why is he Great??  A commitment to the RUN Game behind an ALL WORLD O Line that is why.  He is making the easy throws and is put in great spots more time then not.  

Put Dak with the Jags, Bears, insert terrible offensive line (and their a bunch out there in the NFL) and you get Carson Wentz who couldn't find any sort of rhythm last night in Seattle 

this helps us continue to not screw around and accidentally win games here last few weeks.   2 wins is fine by me

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FishDuck said:

LOL it just keeps getting better..

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

It appears it can get better FishDuck Jay Cutler has injured his shoulder and he may be out for the season. Good luck to Matt Barkley!

GB

6 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I am so sick of hearing how great Dak Prescott is, why is he Great??  A commitment to the RUN Game behind an ALL WORLD O Line that is why.  He is making the easy throws and is put in great spots more time then not.  

Put Dak with the Jags, Bears, insert terrible offensive line (and their a bunch out there in the NFL) and you get Carson Wentz who couldn't find any sort of rhythm last night in Seattle 

this helps us continue to not screw around and accidentally win games here last few weeks.   2 wins is fine by me

But Skip Bayless said that Dak is the best player in the league and he has never seen a 4th round pick that is this good before. If Skip said it, it has to be true, right?

GB

• Upvote 2

Dak Prescott is so amazing at football, that he gets a lot publicity for throwing away a cup. A cup.

GB

Edited by GB4

The Bears season is just a trainwreck. Hopefully they tank and get a good draft pick. But knowing them, they'll probably blow that too.

It doesn't matter who the Bears have at QB if the receivers can't catch the football.  That was some of the worst wide receiver play I've ever seen at the NFL level yesterday.  

Edited by Captain Cabinets

What was it? 11 drops?

GB

54 minutes ago, GB4 said:

What was it? 11 drops?

GB

Too many. Especially at the end when they had a game winning drop in the end zone.

• Upvote 1

The Bears other ILB Danny Trevathan is out  for the season.

GB 

Edited by GB4

Can we just have Alabama play the rest of schedule, that will at least entertain me watching them get beat by 10 points then what is currently the product left on the field

15 players on the IR, 3rd most in NFL history.   A team with bad depth already......worst case scenario 

27 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Can we just have Alabama play the rest of schedule, that will at least entertain me watching them get beat by 10 points then what is currently the product left on the field

15 players on the IR, 3rd most in NFL history.   A team with bad depth already......worst case scenario 

No doubt the off season will be much more interesting than the season itself was.

37 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Alabama's receivers would have caught the ball Sunday and won that game and would probably ruin the draft positioning plan. lol

17 hours ago, GB4 said:

Be alright with Keenum if you draft a young guy to sit behind him for a few weeks. Siemian and Garrapolo would be fine with me, but I don't see them going anywhere from where they are right now (at least I really hope the Pats keep Jimmy G)

Kaepernick, Romo, Hoyer...hellz to the no lol

I do not like any of these QBs in this year's draft, you might find one in mid rounds and turn out but no one who is being banter about to go in first round: Kizer, Watson, UNC, U Miami ......

Continue to improve the OL , continue to improve depth, hand the ball off to 3 decent running backs and do not make the QB your focal point.  Defense is ahead of offense by depth and playmakers....  also help not to have 15 guys on IR next year too

The Bears have a long road ahead for rebuilding. The playoffs probably won't be on the agenda for a few seasons, which is sad because the NFC North is very weak right now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Indieanapolis said:

The Bears have a long road ahead for rebuilding. The playoffs probably won't be on the agenda for a few seasons, which is sad because the NFC North is very weak right now.

Agreed. I've almost become a fan of the Colts. This is simply because my girlfriend's entire family lives and breathes Colts football. I've been to their games, and their still seems to be some ounce of excitement over their season. However, I will always be a Bears fan at heart. But, there's no energy to this team. Fans aren't excited to watch this team. How does this team attract free agents with a horrible team like this? It's a very sad time to be a Bears fan, but I believe that they will eventually be decent again.

20 hours ago, GB4 said:

The only quarterback on that list that I'd be okay with would have to be Garrapolo. The rest are either mediocre or injury prone (hence Romo). I think selecting an unproven quarterback is a giant risk, granted they could amount to nothing and, as a result, be a waste of a draft pick. I like the idea of trading a 2nd round pick for Garrapolo. I think he has solid potential to be a good quarterback given he's learned under Brady's wing. However, I do not see the Pats trading him. Brady is 39 years old, and the Pats will need a quarterback in the next 2-3 years. But the idea sounds like a hell of a good one.

7 minutes ago, braaadly said:

Agreed. I've almost become a fan of the Colts. This is simply because my girlfriend's entire family lives and breathes Colts football. I've been to their games, and their still seems to be some ounce of excitement over their season. However, I will always be a Bears fan at heart. But, there's no energy to this team. Fans aren't excited to watch this team. How does this team attract free agents with a horrible team like this? It's a very sad time to be a Bears fan, but I believe that they will eventually be decent again.

I went to the Colts/ Bears game this year and I sat around basically an entire section of Bears fans and they all seemed very excited about the team despite the fact that the team hadn't looked good up to that point. Then again that was still relatively early in the season.

GB 

I do believe the bears quarterback issues have been prominent this year, but I don't think they should use their earliest pick on a qb.

I have been looking at a lot of mock drafts and most seem to be about 90% defensive players in the first round this year and only 2 or 3 OL in the first round. I am sure most of this will change once the combine and pro days happenbut in one of the mock drafts that I read it had the Bears taking WR Corey Davis out of Western Michigan, which I thought was intriguing.

GB