• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  
Sign in to follow this  
Coach Nowlin

Bears 2016 and NOW 2017

I would take River Boat Ron

I like Gase for the future of Mitch 

Do you think spread guru dudes like Leach and Brohm can translate to the pro game?   I know some concepts work here and there, but full on spread hurry up, like Chip Kelly currently doesn't have a good track record.  

56 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Do you think spread guru dudes like Leach and Brohm can translate to the pro game?   I know some concepts work here and there, but full on spread hurry up, like Chip Kelly currently doesn't have a good track record.  

Watching young Mr. Trubsiky start his first NFL game Monday night I found it interesting when one of the announcers say that he had to learn to take the snap under center, that his entire high school and college career was in some kind of spread/shotgun system.    

*smh* Where has real football gone?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Yikes. 

20 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Does it have to be hurry up? I think spread systems can work in the NFL (with the right personnel) but I don't think full on hurry up will ever work regardless of the system. I am not sure I can see Leach's personality working well with pro players either lol

Most college coaches, it seems, can't cut it in the pros.  Although this pains me to say it, Pete Carroll is an exception.  I didn't like him at USC and now can't stand him in Seattle.

• Upvote 1

The wide open - spread offenses will continue to proliferate, and you will likely see MORE college coaches moving up to the NFL in the future.  There are so few drop back passers remaining in the college game today that NFL offenses are forced to implement college style attacks    They really dont have much choice.  Even the more traditional NFL offenses use elements of the college style of play.  

Its really hard anymore to sit down and name a long list of NFL head coaches.  Its not a very impressive list.  To the contrary, there is a lot of talent at the college level today.  Guys like PJ Fleck, Jeff Brohm, James Franklin, will all likely get their shots at the pro level.  

3 hours ago, DrivenT said:

The wide open - spread offenses will continue to proliferate, and you will likely see MORE college coaches moving up to the NFL in the future.  There are so few drop back passers remaining in the college game today that NFL offenses are forced to implement college style attacks    They really dont have much choice.  Even the more traditional NFL offenses use elements of the college style of play.  

Its really hard anymore to sit down and name a long list of NFL head coaches.  Its not a very impressive list.  To the contrary, there is a lot of talent at the college level today.  Guys like PJ Fleck, Jeff Brohm, James Franklin, will all likely get their shots at the pro level.  

All good coaches without a doubt.  But I do recall a guy named Nick Saban coached the Dolphins: how did that turn out?

Saban didn't like not having total control, has that at Bama, didn't at Dolphins 

One to watch now is Dirk Koetter at Tampa Bay.  He was at Arizona State.  Like the way he operates and runs his program.  

I watched the sequence on final cutdown day when they reduced roster from 85 to 53 plus the 5 man practice squad.  It was great TV.  The interaction between coach-GM- staff was very interesting to watch as they dealt with each player individually.  Koetter was excellent and very professional.  

Oct 22 Carolina    4-2  1:00 PM Buy Tickets
Oct 29 @New Orleans    2-3  1:00 PM Buy Tickets
Week 9 BYE    
Nov 12 Green Bay    4-2  1:00 PM Buy Tickets
Nov 19 Detroit    3-3  1:00 PM Buy Tickets
Nov 26 @Philadelphia    5-1  1:00 PM Buy Tickets
Dec 3 San Francisco    0-6  1:00 PM Buy Tickets
Dec 10 @Cincinnati    2-3  1:00 PM Buy Tickets
Dec 16 @Detroit    3-3   4:30 PM Buy Tickets
Dec 24 Cleveland    0-6   1:00 PM Buy Tickets
Dec 31 @Minnesota    4-2  1:00 PM Buy Tickets

Schedule looks very manageable rest of the way for the Bears.  Combined record of teams remaining on the schedule is 24-28.  

IU star Jordan Howard rushed for 167 yards today.  Looks like Bears will go with a run heavy attack rest of the year to protect rookie QB Trubisky.  Love it.  Old style Chicago Bear football.  

Fox HAS to go. I'm good if they pick any of the following: Harbaugh, Rivera, Koetter(always been good with young QB's), Brohm. 

I'm a big Mike Leach fan but I don't think he'd translate to the NFL. Just too serious for him and I think he likes being able to do his own thing. Schemes match up though. Air Raid is condensed West Coast with more spread and no huddle. 

Really starting to like how the defense is shaping up. Floyd can't be blocked most passing downs. Jackson is going to be long time starter and Fuller is finally living up to expectations. 

The coaches have to let Mitch throw the ball more especially on 1st down. Good number for us should be 25-30 a game. 16 attempts in an overtime game is terrible. But they tried to play it safe against 2 good defenses that love to blitz. The problem is that teams will continue to blitz until you show you can beat it. 

Edited by krunyan

Bears are taking offensive football back to the 50s.  Trubisky 4 of 7 for 107 yards today, and they BEAT the Panthers.   3-4 now, and coming along with a weak back half schedule.