• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street
Sign in to follow this  
Coach Nowlin

Bears 2016 and NOW 2017

HOW IS JOHN FOX NOT FIRED YET?  

Good Gawd almighty!!!   

Also the fan in Philly with the FIREFOX sign in EZ, you are my newest hero!!   

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

HOW IS JOHN FOX NOT FIRED YET?  

Good Gawd almighty!!!   

Also the fan in Philly with the FIREFOX sign in EZ, you are my newest hero!!   

I thought that sign was pretty great too.

GB

10 hours ago, Irishman said:

I hear Harbaugh's seat just got hotter :)

Got to think that Harbaugh is in the mix for the Bears job.  

I think he is as well. ESPN's pregame show said there were several NFL people at the game Saturday, and not to scout players. The issue has become that he does not stay anywhere very long. Is that worth the risk for the Bears? I would honestly think his brother would be a better fit. And he very well may be looking to move as well.

As a Packers fan, I do think Jim would do well in Chicago, and John would be a great fit in Green Bay. Could you imagine that? :17_v:

10 hours ago, Irishman said:

I think he is as well. ESPN's pregame show said there were several NFL people at the game Saturday, and not to scout players. The issue has become that he does not stay anywhere very long. Is that worth the risk for the Bears? I would honestly think his brother would be a better fit. And he very well may be looking to move as well.

As a Packers fan, I do think Jim would do well in Chicago, and John would be a great fit in Green Bay. Could you imagine that? :17_v:

I am not at all concerned about Harbaugh's track record relative to the Bears opportunity.  It would be his last job, and if he gave the Bears 5 years and 2 Super Bowl appearances, it would mean mission fulfilled.  

Harbaugh just signed former Mississippi QB Shea Patterson , who was the #1 recruit in the nation in the 2016 class.  Is this a sign Khaki Boy will remain a Skunk Weasel?

This pushes Ron Rivera higher up on my list of potential replacements for John Fox.

Nick Saban might also be in the mix.

• Upvote 1

Why in your opinion would Saban want to leave a place where he has TOTAL CONTROL and makes more than NFL guys already?   I know his 1st round in Miami didn't go so well and I am sure he learned and would adjust accordingly, but at his age, I just do not see him saying, lets try this again, when he will have a top 5-7 recruiting class each and every year for being Saban and Alabama.  

Im in on RICO.  

Glad the Khacki man can stay in Michigan......   

I will give you 5 reasons why Saban would consider going back:

1. To correct the only stain on his sparkling resume.  The Miami failure surely knaws at his craw.  

2. There are likely only 2 "Blue Blood" NFL franchises that would attract Saban's attention.  NY Giants and Chicago Bears.  I don't see him considering any other NFL job, but do see him being intrigued by these two.  And both will be open.

3. Nothing left to prove at Alabama.  He has reinvented the college football dynasty.  His coaching tree is far and wide.  It might be getting redundant for him. 

4. His wife may no longer be holding him back.  She has pressed him to stay on the lake in Bama when other jobs have opened over the years.  Most 60 year old guys are ready for a little space anyways. :02_v:

5. He will get whatever cash and control he asks for from either the Bears or the Giants.  The Jimbo Fisher deal at A&M (75M over 10 years) just reset the bar.  Saban will likely get $10M if he goes to the NFL.  But its not about the money.  Its about scaling that last and final mountain.  

I do not see Bears franchise allowing HC to call all the shots.   

I bet his failing in NFL does give him some fits when he looks at total resume

Does a 60 year old have enough energy to grind out NFL season?   

8 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I do not see Bears franchise allowing HC to call all the shots.   

I bet his failing in NFL does give him some fits when he looks at total resume

Does a 60 year old have enough energy to grind out NFL season?   

He looks and runs around like he is 20 years younger than his age.

The Bears do not have a history of giving up control.  Saban will not compromise. He is the one guy they may make the exception for. 

Wont disagree there.   I certainly would not be upset if Saban came to town, but I just do not see it.   Saban with a 36 year old GM, that would be something.   

Whoever it is, I NEED AN OC/QB coach who can take Trubisky to the next level.  Ala:  Wentz and Goff in year 2.  

The Windy City Flyer officially hangs up the cleats.   He will go down so far as the single greatest Chicago Bear that I ever got to witness live in person on multiple occasions.   No disrespect to the Bears great defensive players:  Urlacher, Mike Brown, Lance Briggs, Peppers and the list can go on and on, but NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY was Devin Hester

• Upvote 1

So, how about that Jimmy G? Can't believe the Bears and many other NFL GM's coveted college QB's instead of dangling a 1st round pick in the face of NE for him. And Lynch didn't even have to give up a first rounder.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, meabull said:

Who else is fired up about the Bears-Browns game today?  

Snowing hard in Chicago today. So, at least that should be entertaining. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bobref said:

Snowing hard in Chicago today. So, at least that should be entertaining. 

The ONLY reason I have tuned in to this show. Both teams are sooo bad.