• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/19/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired North Newton Jeff Bean Scott Rouch Promoted Madison Grant:  Kyle Booher Brady Turner Promoted 
Sign in to follow this  
Coach Nowlin

Bears 2016/2017 and Now 2018

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, bobref said:

With reluctance, I have finally come to the conclusion that the Bears need to move on from Jay Cutler. Jay is an NFL quarterback, but it is crystal clear that he's not going to change - he is what he is. And what he is is a guy with a golden arm, but is so driven to make a play, and has so much confidence in his arm, that he is, quite simply, a turnover machine. And you can't be giving the opponent extra possessions and/or a short field in today's offensive NFL. I'm not suggesting he should be benched - Brian Hoyer is not an answer. Barring a miraculous turnaround, they're not going anywhere this year. Time to draft a QB, or trade for a young one you think you can develop. I think Jay has, in part, gotten a bad rap. He has also been unlucky in terms of offensive coordinators. But that's the breaks in the big leagues.

Totally agree. I was just thinking this morning that I have finally begun distancing myself from the few Cutler believers out there. Some of the decisions he made last night were just awful and the same stuff that he has been doing for years, with little to no sign of learning from his mistakes. The whole team looked like a dumpster fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dumpster fire is a good way of describing the Bears and Cutler.  I don't know the guy and never will, but as a fan, I just want my guy to show some emotion and act like he cares.  Cutler doesn't, ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2016 at 6:43 AM, bobref said:

With reluctance, I have finally come to the conclusion that the Bears need to move on from Jay Cutler. Jay is an NFL quarterback, but it is crystal clear that he's not going to change - he is what he is. And what he is is a guy with a golden arm, but is so driven to make a play, and has so much confidence in his arm, that he is, quite simply, a turnover machine. And you can't be giving the opponent extra possessions and/or a short field in today's offensive NFL. I'm not suggesting he should be benched - Brian Hoyer is not an answer. Barring a miraculous turnaround, they're not going anywhere this year. Time to draft a QB, or trade for a young one you think you can develop. I think Jay has, in part, gotten a bad rap. He has also been unlucky in terms of offensive coordinators. But that's the breaks in the big leagues.

Concur, but trading for Jimmy Grappolo isn't the answer (as it was presented to me by a buddy of mine)

22 hours ago, tango said:

Dumpster fire is a good way of describing the Bears and Cutler.  I don't know the guy and never will, but as a fan, I just want my guy to show some emotion and act like he cares.  Cutler doesn't, ever. 

Lack of emotion doesn't bother me, his job is not to look good, smile, yell, insert the many emotions one may have, his job is to protect the ball and help team win games.  That is the issue 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bears have a long rebuilding process ahead of them. I'm putting my faith in the Cubs for the rest of the fall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was just announced today that the Bears ownership has brought in a "special consultant" to evaluate the top to bottom football operation of the Chicago Bears.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000729654/article/bears-brass-scrutinizing-team-john-fox-after-another-poor-start?campaign=tw-nf-sf40330340-sf40330340

Bears new RB Jordan Howard is to dang slow. Bears should be up by 3 touchdowns in the 1st half of the Monday night game with Minnesota. Howard had two breakaway runs where he go dragged down in the red zone and the Bears had to settle for a field goal each time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tommy said:

Bears new RB Jordan Howard is to dang slow. Bears should be up by 3 touchdowns in the 1st half of the Monday night game with Minnesota. Howard had two breakaway runs where he go dragged down in the red zone and the Bears had to settle for a field goal each time.

Are you kidding me?  Jordan Howard is a stud.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy has valid points, don't think he is saying Howard is a bad football player, but when you think NFL RBs, guys like Ajayi, Charles, Peterson, McCoy, Zeke, Bell, could of taken those same runs and housed it for touchdowns.  That is a legit drawback of a guy like Howard who is missing that extra punch in the NFL level to not get chased down by safeties.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Tommy has valid points, don't think he is saying Howard is a bad football player, but when you think NFL RBs, guys like Ajayi, Charles, Peterson, McCoy, Zeke, Bell, could of taken those same runs and housed it for touchdowns.  That is a legit drawback of a guy like Howard who is missing that extra punch in the NFL level to not get chased down by safeties.  

That's fair.  I think the way he runs and finds holes inside the tackles is what makes Howard.  He may not be that "take it to the house" guy like those you list above but he definitely showed his value last night against what I think I heard was the top D in the league.  

Side note ... It was great see the first career reception for Ben Braunecker(Forest Park) from Jay Cutler(Heritage Hills) ... two small town guys from SW Indiana and the PAC conference. 

Edited by Captain Cabinets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

agree, I like howard too, but different kind of back, like a younger and so far not so distraction filled Ladarious Blount.  

IS it me or is it not worth taking a 1st round QB next year....I mean nothing looks appealing in all honesty when I watch CFB, read articles.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

agree, I like howard too, but different kind of back, like a younger and so far not so distraction filled Ladarious Blount.  

IS it me or is it not worth taking a 1st round QB next year....I mean nothing looks appealing in all honesty when I watch CFB, read articles.  

Yeah, they might as well just keep Cutler next year!  :07:(Heritage Hills bias speaking out of course!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bears actually had a decent game last night. They should be 4-4, if they hadn't blown the Colts and Lions games. At this point they're better off tanking and getting a good draft pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howard doesn't have the break away speed, but he's quick/explosive through the hole, doesn't go down on first contact, and thus far hasn't put the ball on the ground...which are very valuable traits.

 

As far as QBs, I'm not sure what I think about Jay for another year at this point, I'd like to see how he works with Loggains over the remaining games.  But this regime needs to invest in a young QB, whether via trade or draft.  That has been one of this organizations biggest holes.

23 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

agree, I like howard too, but different kind of back, like a younger and so far not so distraction filled Ladarious Blount.  

 

Dare I say he resembles a former Bear, Mr. Anthony Thomas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all valid points Mr. Meat

I just do not look at this incoming draft of QB and say WOW.  When Kizer is leading the way............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WR Alshon Jeffrey has been suspended 4 games for violating the NFLs PED Policy.

 

It sounds like Cutler is losing the locker room.

http://cbsprt.co/2eYhY4y

GB

Edited by GB4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bears also lose Kyle Long for the season. Tough day for the Bears.

GB 

Edited by GB4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things have gone from bad to worse for the Bears.  Not only were the Bears totally humiliated down in Tampa yesterday but now was reported this afternoon that WR Alshon Jefferies has been suspended for 4 game for violating the NFL's enhanced performing drug policy. 

I'm guessing that Jefferies needs to take those drugs to help him make tackles after all of Jay Cutler's interceptions.

This franchise is totally out of control.

I am fully expecting John Fox to be a Black Monday victim at seasons end.  No wonder why Denver did not want him anymore.

 

Edited by tommy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It appears a LOT of changes may be occurring in this division that no one wants to win. I expect McCarthy in Green Bay to be let go that Monday as well. Even before the Super Bowl win, I was never a big fan of his. He even tried giving that game away in the 2nd half. I would say there was just one game in all of his time there that I really thought he called a great game; the Seattle game in the NFC Championship 2 seasons ago. Even then, other mistakes hurt the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought PED's were supposed to improve performance???   

I like PACE

Fox is meh 

I would support promotion of Vic Fangio however 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, tommy said:

Things have gone from bad to worse for the Bears.  Not only were the Bears totally humiliated down in Tampa yesterday but now was reported this afternoon that WR Alshon Jefferies has been suspended for 4 game for violating the NFL's enhanced performing drug policy. 

I'm guessing that Jefferies needs to take those drugs to help him make tackles after all of Jay Cutler's interceptions.

This franchise is totally out of control.

I am fully expecting John Fox to be a Black Monday victim at seasons end.  No wonder why Denver did not want him anymore.

 

I don't think Fox goes anywhere.  Can't blame him for PED use and they will use Cutler leaving as a reason to "start over" with Fox.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to tank.

2-14 will get a top 3 draft pick at least. May not be a dream QB there in this year's class (I'm not sold on Kiser or Watson. Would be more likely to take Trubisky over those 2), so trade back a couple of spots for someone really wanting Myles Garrett and add a couple future picks.

Replace Cutler ASAP. Keep building the D and OL. Maybe see if Theo Epstein can stop by while he's in town. Wait patiently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From everything I have read Deshaun Watson's stock is falling and he may be a day 2 pick. If that were to happen, would Bears fans be ok with drafting Watson in Round 2 or 3 and developing him behind a guy like Romo for a couple of seasons? All of it is unlikely I know (I think some team will reach for Watson because of the weak QB class) I am just interested in the response.

GB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really not a fan of Romo, I don't see him being able to withstand a full season again in his career. I think he can still spin it, but I wouldn't want to pay him and cringe every time he takes a solid hit. I would prefer to go after cheaper free agents who haven't proven themselves yet i.e. Mike Glennon, Landry Jones, Case Keenum, EJ Manuel. Not the greatest options, but they could play for a month while you warm up a rook.

I don't love Watson, but would absolutely take him on day 2. I like Trubisky from UNC and Kaaya from the U.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.