Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Week 6

Week 6 is here already. But before getting to the games let’s give some Donnie Baker special mention to the following. 
Both teams from Parkes county. Several including me had them getter blowed out but they both kept it close. 
Next the Attica football team. I was out road tripping and looking for Lucy Drapers and the Princess but ended up at Fountain Centrals. Even though they overmatched they played hard and clean the hoe game. 
And last Coach King. If you just look at the score it’s hard to know how much he tried to take it easy on the young Ramblers. JV running backs were in before the first quarter was over. No passing, didn’t rush or return kicks either. After one series in the 2nd the rest of the JV came in. He also let a 300 pound OT run the ball on a 2 point conversion and the students went nuts. He also won Homecoming King at halftime. The lineman not Herb!

Enough cheesy stuff. Back to the games and making the South Vermilions cheer coach mad!🤣

North Vermilions at Attica 

The Woofs at Covington 

Seegers at Fountain Centrals 

South Vermilions at Riverton Parkes 

Game of the week should be the Seegers-FC game. 

11 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Week 6 is here already. But before getting to the games let’s give some Donnie Baker special mention to the following. 
Both teams from Parkes county. Several including me had them getter blowed out but they both kept it close. 
Next the Attica football team. I was out road tripping and looking for Lucy Drapers and the Princess but ended up at Fountain Centrals. Even though they overmatched they played hard and clean the hoe game. 
And last Coach King. If you just look at the score it’s hard to know how much he tried to take it easy on the young Ramblers. JV running backs were in before the first quarter was over. No passing, didn’t rush or return kicks either. After one series in the 2nd the rest of the JV came in. He also let a 300 pound OT run the ball on a 2 point conversion and the students went nuts. He also won Homecoming King at halftime. The lineman not Herb!

Enough cheesy stuff. Back to the games and making the South Vermilions cheer coach mad!🤣

The Woofs at Covington 

WEEK 6 and I am now a Panthers Fan, somebody needs to put Willy in his place. Hopefully the Panthers will do that this week. #SV1Adominance

• Haha 1

Holy cow no way its already passed the midpoint this season time flies when you're having fun. Let's do a midseason recap. SV is the best team in the conference NV FC and Seeger are fighting for 2nd place and after that we have some teams trying to prove themselves like RP and PH and Cov and Attica are bringing up the rear of the conference. Now for the squirrel's picks.

NV at Attica- NV came out flat against RP but the man the myth the legend aka woody hayes will have his troops ready this week. Attica is better this year but they just can't compete. NV wins by mercy rule and they will be classy NV 48 Attica 0

PH at Cov- This game is interesting Covington can prove they aren't fakers and PH can prove they are improved by beating the trojans. Last year this game was a shootout and this year will be the same but this year the woofs come out on top PH 44 Cov 36

Game of the week Seeger at FC- This game will decide which week SV will wrap a WRC title aka next week or week 8. I like both teams Im leaning towards FC because of the Acton kid he is good and Herb will get his sweet sweet revenge. FC 31 Seeger 24

SV at RP- RP is a 1st half team as they showed against NV, RP is not bad they just played the best teams in the conference early but after this week they will get some Ws. SV's victory takes over at RP friday Night SV 42 RP 21

15 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

The Woofs at Covington 

Both Parke County teams kept it close last week, and you know this princess was hoping for an upset between the Woofs and the Seegers. I was very disappointed when those Woofs didn't pull the upset so I could eat my words for picking the Seegers last week.

I'm pretty sad that in his driving around, @Donnie Baker didn't find me or @Lucy Draper. I'm pretty hard to miss in Parke County with my princess dress always on. They just don't make princes like they used to, with eyes of all things, I guess.

From what I've gathered Attica played a clean game, which does deserve a shout-out. I'm glad they're receiving that shout-out. 

Coach King was in typical fashion of trying to take it easy when he needed to. He definitely COULD have run up the score, but there was no need. Glad to see the Mustangs having fun-- even letting the linemen have the ball. Who would've thought?!

The Princess's Picks this week:

North Vermilions at Attica-- North Vermilions walks away easily with this W. Hopefully North Vermilions will be somewhat merciful on the Ramblers once they get up on them. 

The Woofs at Covington-- This game could be the wildcard game at the bottom of the conference. Covington's injuries have plagued them this year, which is unfortunate for their first year HC. I think it will be Covington on top of the Woofs by a close margin.

Seegers at Fountain Centrals-- game of the week for sure. It will be close. While I know Coach King will be chompin' at the bit to get this W, I think his 'Stangs are right there with him on the want for revenge. Last season, this game was decided by ONE point. In watching Coach King in the past, he'll do everything he can to not only get the W but to make sure his team has no question left on either side of the ball while they go battle the Seegers. I'm taking the 'Stangs to win this one AND take their first Bi-County title in a number of years and still be in the running for a WRC title.  I would apologize to @Ballhawk for not picking his family's old stomping grounds. But I'm not sorry, and I was always taught to not apologize unless you're sorry. 

South Vermilions at Riverton Parkes-- I do not like southern Parke County (Sorry, Lucy Draper). Never have. Never will. I'm a Woof princess through and through. Also, have I told you how much I like visors? Because I really like them. So I'm guessing SV continues their dominance of a majority 1A conference and takes the W over the Panthers. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

The Woofs at Covington 

Donnie, I think you are probably referring to me as the SV cheer coach.  Get it right, man!  I'm not the cheer coach.  I'm the best damn cheerleader on the whole squad!  And if you think you are making me mad, you're mistaken.  It takes a whole lot more than this to make me mad.  This is fun!  I am having as much fun trolling you , as you are trolling me.  

Now, back to practicing my toe touches and back handsprings.  I have an important solo-tumble during the halftime show at RP this week!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wildcat Willy said:

Donnie, I think you are probably referring to me as the SV cheer coach.  Get it right, man!  I'm not the cheer coach.  I'm the best damn cheerleader on the whole squad!  And if you think you are making me mad, you're mistaken.  It takes a whole lot more than this to make me mad.  This is fun!  I am having as much fun trolling you , as you are trolling me.  

Now, back to practicing my toe touches and back handsprings.  I have an important solo-tumble during the halftime show at RP this week!

I guess I’ll save my “go join the girls tennis digest “ for someone else. I swear to God I will. I’m glad you’re having fun with it. Don’t rip out your crouch 

5 hours ago, royalf00tball said:

Both Parke County teams kept it close last week, and you know this princess was hoping for an upset between the Woofs and the Seegers. I was very disappointed when those Woofs didn't pull the upset so I could eat my words for picking the Seegers last week.

I'm pretty sad that in his driving around, @Donnie Baker didn't find me or @Lucy Draper. I'm pretty hard to miss in Parke County with my princess dress always on. They just don't make princes like they used to, with eyes of all things, I guess.

From what I've gathered Attica played a clean game, which does deserve a shout-out. I'm glad they're receiving that shout-out. 

Coach King was in typical fashion of trying to take it easy when he needed to. He definitely COULD have run up the score, but there was no need. Glad to see the Mustangs having fun-- even letting the linemen have the ball. Who would've thought?!

The Princess's Picks this week:

North Vermilions at Attica-- North Vermilions walks away easily with this W. Hopefully North Vermilions will be somewhat merciful on the Ramblers once they get up on them. 

The Woofs at Covington-- This game could be the wildcard game at the bottom of the conference. Covington's injuries have plagued them this year, which is unfortunate for their first year HC. I think it will be Covington on top of the Woofs by a close margin.

Seegers at Fountain Centrals-- game of the week for sure. It will be close. While I know Coach King will be chompin' at the bit to get this W, I think his 'Stangs are right there with him on the want for revenge. Last season, this game was decided by ONE point. In watching Coach King in the past, he'll do everything he can to not only get the W but to make sure his team has no question left on either side of the ball while they go battle the Seegers. I'm taking the 'Stangs to win this one AND take their first Bi-County title in a number of years and still be in the running for a WRC title.  I would apologize to @Ballhawk for not picking his family's old stomping grounds. But I'm not sorry, and I was always taught to not apologize unless you're sorry. 

South Vermilions at Riverton Parkes-- I do not like southern Parke County (Sorry, Lucy Draper). Never have. Never will. I'm a Woof princess through and through. Also, have I told you how much I like visors? Because I really like them. So I'm guessing SV continues their dominance of a majority 1A conference and takes the W over the Panthers. 

Why do you hate on Seeger? When you know you loved them before. Sounds like someone has a crush on King and the Mustangs.

I also heard FC kicked field goals the whole second half of the game... any truth behind that? If so, very classy move by Coach King by doing anything possible to not run the score up!

NV @ Attica - NV by a bunch

PH @ Covington - PH has surprised me a lot this year. Although I do not think they are a top team in 1A, they have gotten much better from last year. They play hard and aggressive up front and the two running back are pretty good. I'm not sure Covington will win many more... sadly losing their qb really ruined their season.. I'll take PH winning this one 35-12

Seeger @ FC - Game of the Week!!! It's time to see where these teams really stand! I think both teams are playing good ball right now. Offensively I think both teams are similar. They can run and pass the ball on any team. Where there's a difference is the defense. I think FC might be a tiny bit better defensively then Seeger is.. I think it's a one score game and I'll take FC 28-22     Herbie gets his revenge!

SV @ RP - I want to say this game will be closer than it was last year but I also think that RP will get blown out..... BUT I've bet against RP a lot this year and I think they will find a way to keep it close. Coach Sanders and his staff are doing a great job keeping those boys in games that some think they shouldn't be in. I'll take SV 35-22 with SV pulling away late in the fourth  

1 hour ago, WRC123 said:

I also heard FC kicked field goals the whole second half of the game... any truth behind that? If so, very classy move by Coach King by doing anything possible to not run the score up!

NV @ Attica - NV by a bunch

PH @ Covington - PH has surprised me a lot this year. Although I do not think they are a top team in 1A, they have gotten much better from last year. They play hard and aggressive up front and the two running back are pretty good. I'm not sure Covington will win many more... sadly losing their qb really ruined their season.. I'll take PH winning this one 35-12

Seeger @ FC - Game of the Week!!! It's time to see where these teams really stand! I think both teams are playing good ball right now. Offensively I think both teams are similar. They can run and pass the ball on any team. Where there's a difference is the defense. I think FC might be a tiny bit better defensively then Seeger is.. I think it's a one score game and I'll take FC 28-22     Herbie gets his revenge!

SV @ RP - I want to say this game will be closer than it was last year but I also think that RP will get blown out..... BUT I've bet against RP a lot this year and I think they will find a way to keep it close. Coach Sanders and his staff are doing a great job keeping those boys in games that some think they shouldn't be in. I'll take SV 35-22 with SV pulling away late in the fourth  

I don’t know about the 2nd half but in the first quarter on 2nd and 3 FC attempted a 35 yarder that was a foot short. He hit all of his PATs in the first half. Just a freshman so he has a chance to develop into a pretty good kicker 

North Vermilion at Attica - I think I upset Donnie last week with my 11-man comment.  Sorry Donnie, with you being dead and everything you'd think I'd have more sympathy.  Your team take another thumping this week as NV rolls the Ramblers.  Why do all the self-proclaimed princesses and hot girls not like the Ramblers?  Jealously, I dare say?

Parke Heritage at Covington - Trojans still have enough left in the tank to ram it to the Wolves.

Seeger at Fountain Central - I'll take the Mustangs at home.  Even though I have 'family' connections to Seeger (not since the early 60s), FC and their HOF coach pull this one out.

South Vermilion at Riverton Parke -  didn't visors go out of fashion with Zubaz pants and backward hats?  Give me a real hat and some Beechnut Wintergreen.  SV will still win though.

Let's think, royalf00tball is someone that doesn't like Parke County & Seeger but likes FC now?  Would this someone be a fan of a HOF coach with a mediocre record and 1 state runner-up (to Ballhawk's team, of course!)?  Am I getting warm royalf00tball?

9 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

North Vermilion at Attica - I think I upset Donnie last week with my 11-man comment.  Sorry Donnie, with you being dead and everything you'd think I'd have more sympathy.  Your team take another thumping this week as NV rolls the Ramblers.  Why do all the self-proclaimed princesses and hot girls not like the Ramblers?  Jealously, I dare say?

Parke Heritage at Covington - Trojans still have enough left in the tank to ram it to the Wolves.

Seeger at Fountain Central - I'll take the Mustangs at home.  Even though I have 'family' connections to Seeger (not since the early 60s), FC and their HOF coach pull this one out.

South Vermilion at Riverton Parke -  didn't visors go out of fashion with Zubaz pants and backward hats?  Give me a real hat and some Beechnut Wintergreen.  SV will still win though.

Let's think, royalf00tball is someone that doesn't like Parke County & Seeger but likes FC now?  Would this someone be a fan of a HOF coach with a mediocre record and 1 state runner-up (to Ballhawk's team, of course!)?  Am I getting warm royalf00tball?

Attica isn’t my team. I swear to God they aren’t 

• Disdain 1

34 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

Donnie, I think he is ganging up on both of us...You wear the Zubaz and we wear the visors.  

Plus, visors are the perfect combo...shade for my eyes, but allows the sun to glisten off of my flowing, golden locks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wildcat Willy said:

Donnie, I think he is ganging up on both of us...You wear the Zubaz and we wear the visors.  

Plus, visors are the perfect combo...shade for my eyes, but allows the sun to glisten off of my flowing, golden locks!

It's all good fun.  If I see any of you in camo it's game on!  That is where I draw the line.  

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Why the  negative Hawks. Because I’m not from Attica?

Dammit Donnie, where's the negative?  I suppose you switched from Zubaz to camo, didn't you?  Didn't I just read you died of accidental Fentanyl & alcohol poisoning?  Even Jesus couldn't come back from that concoction.  I'll say that straight to your face.

If you're not an Attica boy then I'm the King of Judyville.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Where can one find the best Breaded Tenderloin Sandwich in the Wabash River Conference?  Doesn't have to be a school concession stand, but any town, burg, or hole-in-the-wall as well.

Sonoco at 74/231 north of Crawfordsville is on the way.

Budreaus Steak & Taphouse in Attica

36 Saloon Rockville

Edited by gonzoron