Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The SIAC Thread

On 1/30/2023 at 1:10 PM, Football Fanatic said:

Lots of talented players returning conference-wide if I remember correctly. Looking forward to seeing how much production each team is returning.

For now, here is just a "top of the head" list (probably forgot some) of best impact players returning for each team:

North - Jason Rucker, Sam McKinney, Luke Grayson, Cainen Northington, Kasey Hospelhorn, Keonta Barton, Kaleb Harris, Delshan Davis, Ben Brasher, Jayden Hazelwood, Timothy Dixon

Memorial - Matthew Fisher, Porter Rode, Luke Ellspermann, Brady Combs, Donavan Baker, Sam Nichols, Jeremiah McGuire, Alex Broshears, DeMarviyon Vaughn, Aiden Waller, Dasmon Johnson

Jasper - Will Wallace, Griffin Hile, Max Bueltel, Mitchel Leinenbach, Carter Holsworth, Jaylon Van Slyke, Eliot Smith, Landon Fleck, Tyler Atkins

Vincennes - Xander Hunt, Darrius Hill, Tate Keller, Luke Lindsey, Dusty Bilskie, Jace Kinnet, Will Hambrick, Tanner Gilbert, Daniel Nash

Reitz - Ben Davies, Hayden Summers, Harlen Summers, Roland Vera Jr., Quentin Boeke, Bode Pressley, Devin Coomer, Levi Oxley, Calab Utley, Kole Brantley, Alex Sitzman, Ayden Wells, Keifer Sanderson, Troy Davis Jr.

Castle - Caden Gordon, Antonio Harris, Max McCool, Quentin Wilson, Landon Holder, Jersey Wells, Cameron Russelburg, Gavin Leach, Coleton Adamson, Benny Patterson

Bosse - Tizhaun Tomlinson, Elijah Wagner, Royal Elliot, Amari Hope, Adrian Jackson, Antonio Floyd Jr., Arron Finott, Lavan St. Germain, Cedric Norris, Jadrion Griffin

Harrison - Myles Terry, DeShawndre Brown, Devin Heneisen, Nation Johnson, Jalen Sutton, Brooks Thomas

Mater Dei - Tanner Halbig, Tate Mallory, Wyatt Stratman, Spencer Turner, Aiden Scheu, Camden Marx, Ethan Goodin, Brett Wilkey

Lots of talent for this upcoming season, and based on my account, just 4 months away from first summer practices on May 31st

5 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Highly anticipating your returning production report! Where's it at!? 😁

You shall ask, you will receive: 

Please correct me if I am wrong, I had to do a lot of eye-spotting for some teams 

1. Reitz: 73% (16/22)
    Offense: 8 starters
    Defense: 8 starters 

2. Bosse: 68% (15/22)
    Offense: 7 starters
    Defense: 8 starters? (need a complete roster) 

3. North: 68% (15/22)

4. Vincennes: 64% (14/22)
    Offense: 5 starters
    Defense: 9 starters 

5. Jasper: 50% (11/22)
    Offense: 6 starters
    Defense: 5 starters 

6. Castle: 41% (9/22)
    Offense:  5 starters
    Defense: 4 starters 

7. Memorial: 41% (9/22)

8. Harrison: 32% (7/22)
    Offense: 3 starters

9. Mater Dei: 27% (6/22)
    Offense: 2 starters

10. Central: 27% (6/22)
    Defense: 3 starters 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

You shall ask, you will receive: 

Please correct me if I am wrong, I had to do a lot of eye-spotting for some teams 

1. Reitz: 73% (16/22)
    Offense: 8 starters

2. Bosse: 68% (15/22)
    Defense: 8 starters? (need a complete roster) 

3. North: 68% (15/22)

4. Vincennes: 64% (14/22)
    Defense: 9 starters 

5. Jasper: 50% (11/22)
    Offense: 6 starters
    Defense: 5 starters 

6. Castle: 41% (9/22)
    Offense:  5 starters

7. Memorial: 41% (9/22)

8. Harrison: 32% (7/22)

9. Mater Dei: 27% (6/22)
    Offense: 2 starters

10. Central: 27% (6/22)
    Defense: 3 starters 

Looks pretty accurate as far as I know. Good work, thanks for doing that!

Wild to me how good Reitz was yet they still return that much. Might finally be their year to win another sectional, not sure how long it's been. North could be dangerous if all those returning kids develop. Vincennes should be just as good or better with who they return. Bosse could be sneaky good if their returning players develop as well. Lot of question marks for the rest of the teams, but we know MD and Memorial will find a way to be competitive when it matters. 

33 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Wild to me how good Reitz was yet they still return that much. Might finally be their year to win another sectional, not sure how long it's been. North could be dangerous if all those returning kids develop. Vincennes should be just as good or better with who they return. Bosse could be sneaky good if their returning players develop as well. Lot of question marks for the rest of the teams, but we know MD and Memorial will find a way to be competitive when it matters. 

Should be a very interesting season, lots of teams are going to brag up each other for that precious SIAC title. However, Reitz and Vincennes seem to be the clear contenders. Since the expansion, there has always been a different SIAC winner, will that trend continue?

2 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Not sold on Vincennes.  That defense was bad especially in the back end.  I believe they gave up the most passing yards in the SIAC...they could still be bad, just older and bad.  Lose a couple guys upfront, I just don't see them making a big jump.

26 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Not sold on Vincennes.  That defense was bad especially in the back end.  I believe they gave up the most passing yards in the SIAC...they could still be bad, just older and bad.  Lose a couple guys upfront, I just don't see them making a big jump.

Defense should improve, some questions with offense since they lose a bit on the O-line and some viable weapons. But having Hunt back is huge for the Alices

6 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Might finally be their year to win another sectional, not sure how long it's been.

Reitz hasn't won a Sectional since 2016. By comparison, since then Mater Dei has a state title, 2 Semi-States, 3 Regionals and 4 Sectionals, Memorial has won 2 state titles, 3 Semi-States, 4 Regionals, and 5 Sectionals, and Castle has won 3 Sectionals and 2 Regionals. 

11 hours ago, tango said:

Reitz hasn't won a Sectional since 2016. By comparison, since then Mater Dei has a state title, 2 Semi-States, 3 Regionals and 4 Sectionals, Memorial has won 2 state titles, 3 Semi-States, 4 Regionals, and 5 Sectionals, and Castle has won 3 Sectionals and 2 Regionals. 

Wow. Thanks for sharing those numbers. I'm sure there's some Reitz faithful getting impatient but last season certainly gave them hope, from top to bottom. Don't think many expected them to turn it around in that fashion. Rumblings are, they will be good for a while now. As far as the sectional goes next season, they definitely have a great chance but cannot count Memorial out, or even Jasper. And maybe extra motivation, they can knock Memorial down to 3A I believe.

18 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Should be a very interesting season, lots of teams are going to brag up each other for that precious SIAC title. However, Reitz and Vincennes seem to be the clear contenders. Since the expansion, there has always been a different SIAC winner, will that trend continue?

I would say Reitz, North, and Memorial are my top 3 contenders. I think Vincennes will be only slightly better, but not quite good enough to take down the big dogs. Especially with the quality of SIAC coaches and now having more film and prep for defending Hunt. I believe they play at Reitz in week 2 so that will be a huge game, and although an early game, we'll find out how much of a contender they may be. To answer your question, I believe Reitz will repeat.

By the way, if you get extra time and are bored, it would be cool to see a projected starters report for each team! Still lots of time to kill before the season starts 🙃

• Like 1

Wow. Thanks for sharing those numbers. I'm sure there's some Reitz faithful getting impatient but last season certainly gave them hope, from top to bottom. Don't think many expected them to turn it around in that fashion. Rumblings are, they will be good for a while now. As far as the sectional goes next season, they definitely have a great chance but cannot count Memorial out, or even Jasper. And maybe extra motivation, they can knock Memorial down to 3A I believe.

Yup, if Memorial does not win the sectional, they will drop back down to 3A next year

I would say Reitz, North, and Memorial are my top 3 contenders. I think Vincennes will be only slightly better, but not quite good enough to take down the big dogs. Especially with the quality of SIAC coaches and now having more film and prep for defending Hunt. I believe they play at Reitz in week 2 so that will be a huge game, and although an early game, we'll find out how much of a contender they may be. To answer your question, I believe Reitz will repeat.

By the way, if you get extra time and are bored, it would be cool to see a projected starters report for each team! Still lots of time to kill before the season starts 🙃

Projected starters? That might take a while to do, Memorial, yea that can work. But all 10 teams, there are a lot of factors involved in that, however it is possible 

3 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Projected starters? That might take a while to do, Memorial, yea that can work. But all 10 teams, there are a lot of factors involved in that, however it is possible 

Yeah true. I figured since you had the returning starters numbers that you may be able to whip something up. Probably difficult to know what players will be coming up and stepping into starters role. You're right about the factors being involved too (transfers, kids deciding to play, kids deciding to not play, injuries, up and coming underclassmen, etc.) 

2 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Yeah true. I figured since you had the returning starters numbers that you may be able to whip something up. Probably difficult to know what players will be coming up and stepping into starters role. You're right about the factors being involved too (transfers, kids deciding to play, kids deciding to not play, injuries, up and coming underclassmen, etc.) 

Also, a lot can change during the summer practices too and scrimmages

31 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Yup, if Memorial does not win the sectional, they will drop back down to 3A next year

As much as I'd like to say otherwise, I think 2023 will be a rebuilding year at Memorial. There will be a lot of bodies to replace (especially in the trenches) and I don't think we have all that much beef in the younger groups. I think 2024 will find the Tigers back in Sectional 32 with our friends from the PAC (and maybe with MD if they can win a Regional in 2023). 

11 minutes ago, tango said:

As much as I'd like to say otherwise, I think 2023 will be a rebuilding year at Memorial. There will be a lot of bodies to replace (especially in the trenches) and I don't think we have all that much beef in the younger groups. I think 2024 will find the Tigers back in Sectional 32 with our friends from the PAC (and maybe with MD if they can win a Regional in 2023). 

While there is a lot skill players, trenches is what concerns me right now since we have to replace 3 OL starters and the entire DL for this season. Maybe a few of the younger guys go throw a growth spurt. Then again, let’s see what Hurley molds out of this group

Edited by TigerFan20

21 hours ago, Screagle said:

I can remember being concerned about the trenches in 2018.  Undersized and not very experienced group that were just tough kids.  

I'm not as closely involved now as I was back then, but the 2018 and 2019 classes were pretty deep. I know we don't have anyone like Combs (X2) and Lindauer, but if we have some guys in the wings like Goodwin, Merrimee, Jones, Falkenstein, Warner, etc., then we will be fine.

Edited by tango
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Wasn’t Lincoln incredibly young in the secondary last year? Seems like with another year under their belt, and that ball hawking defense, they could be one of the top defenses in the conference. 

Yes a lot of sophomores/juniors

19 hours ago, Alduflux said:

Does this thread ever get reset?

Go ahead and start a new one.  I would happily join there.

2023 - If I am not mistaken, I think for the second year in a row, there has been ZERO coaching turnover? That's pretty impressive, IMO. 

11 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

2023 - If I am not mistaken, I think for the second year in a row, there has been ZERO coaching turnover? That's pretty impressive, IMO. 

I think you are correct and I don't think any changes are expected. That's great for the conference and the players. It's huge for teams to just have that commitment and stability from the head coach, at least for a few years. However, if Central has another 0-10 season, I could see their coach getting out. As far as I know they only return a few starters, but could potentially have some talented underclassmen coming up to help turn it around. 

• Like 1