Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Andrean @ Chatard

1 hour ago, Tin Cup said:

I know nothing about Andrean this year.  Just that they are a program with a lot of tradition and I think Chatard's coach is an alum.  

Is this going to be a good matchup?  

No!  Andrean is not as good as last year.  I think the score will be something like 35-7.  Chatard will be mad this week.  It is hard to score on Chatard.

While I will agree, Andrean isn't as great as they have been in years past the thing I have noticed while paying attention to this team is constant improvement every week. At the beginning of this year, I would have said this is going to be a beat down by Chatard. While I think Chatard is still the favorite, I expect this Andrean team to battle. I think they are starting to figure out they aren't the same run heavy team they were a year ago. The QB can sling it and is also a very underrated runner when things break down. They still have fantastic athletes at the receiver position, and defense is solid as always. The regular season isn't going to produce a flashy record by any means, but the 59ers are going to be very dangerous come playoff time with the schedule they have played. With what sounds like a pretty banged up Chatard team, I look for Andrean to make this a competitive game throughout the night.

26 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

While I will agree, Andrean isn't as great as they have been in years past the thing I have noticed while paying attention to this team is constant improvement every week. At the beginning of this year, I would have said this is going to be a beat down by Chatard. While I think Chatard is still the favorite, I expect this Andrean team to battle. I think they are starting to figure out they aren't the same run heavy team they were a year ago. The QB can sling it and is also a very underrated runner when things break down. They still have fantastic athletes at the receiver position, and defense is solid as always. The regular season isn't going to produce a flashy record by any means, but the 59ers are going to be very dangerous come playoff time with the schedule they have played. With what sounds like a pretty banged up Chatard team, I look for Andrean to make this a competitive game throughout the night.

even banged up they're still purty good !

Edited by dazed and confused
  • Like 1

If I heard correctly, one of the coaches for Andrean is Coach Doyle’s brother. I would expect this to be an annual game. Much as Chatard loves to play bigger teams to prepare for the playoffs, regardless of the outcome, this game will make Andrean better for their annual playoff run. I also wouldn’t expect Chatard to run up the score if that is an option. Expect a much lower scoring game than Sagarin predicts. 

On 9/27/2023 at 10:06 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

Fun matchup:   Andrean has talented players but they are still very young, I want to say starting a few freshman on Defense even.   QB is seasoned and good, they lost the D1 kid Clacks to who know what, I think he is in Illinois now these days

Tough task for 59ers for sure 

IHSAA blocked his transfer to Crown Point. I think he's at Kenwood Academy in Chicago. 

21 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Teams have played 3 times in state, Chatard winning all 3 matchups. Haven't played since 2002 3A title game. Kinda disappointed we schedule them in the year we have one of our worst teams this millennia. I fully expect Chatard to put the running clock on. 

I watched all 3 of those:

• 1997: Andrean led 23-20 very late into the 4th quarter on the back of Bobby Finn putting on a show. Chatard scored the go ahead TD on a QB keeper to make it 27-23. I think it was with under a minute to go
  • 2001: A defensive barn burner that Chatard won 3-0
  • 2002: A decisive 31-12 victory for Chatard

I agree. This was the worst year possible for Andrean to schedule Chatard. I don't know about the running clock though. I think Chatard's coach being an Andrean grad will try to avoid humiiation. 

Edited by Boilernation

On 9/27/2023 at 8:19 AM, Lysander said:

Coach Doyle is an Andrean grad.  Played QB there.  I think the last time these two played one another was 21 years ago in the State Championship game.

2002, can't believe I remember that year so vividly even though it was 21 years ago. The year prior 2001 didn't they play each other in the State Championship also in an Offensive thriller 3-0 final in favor of Chatard?

18 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

2002, can't believe I remember that year so vividly even though it was 21 years ago. The year prior 2001 didn't they play each other in the State Championship also in an Offensive thriller 3-0 final in favor of Chatard?

Yep.  Dilley was HC both of those years…Coach L took over in 2003.  Hard to believe Dilley is in his 10th year at Guerin.  For the record, they were all “Offensive thrillers” under Dilley and L….but effective.

16 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

Come on ! They beat Cathedral for petes sake.... Chatard by as many as they want !

13 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Exactly…let’s be real here folks. 

They beat Cathedral while having their starting QB who was injured in the Guerin game. Even if they play with QB2 I think Chatard wins this one, but there is no denying QB1 makes Chatard a better overall team with both his arm and legs.

15 hours ago, Lysander said:

Yep.  Dilley was HC both of those years…Coach L took over in 2003.  Hard to believe Dilley is in his 10th year at Guerin.  For the record, they were all “Offensive thrillers” under Dilley and L….but effective.

image.jpeg.409082244758d88a9b9efae4f76ee7ad.jpeg

Loved watching Coach Dilley and Coach L teams. As well as Coach Kennedy at Lowell and Coach Scifres at Roncalli. We are going to run the ball at you come stop it. Showing how many different ways you can run Off Tackle or Power Toss.

• Thanks 1