Culver Academy at St. Joseph, 7:30 pm

Elkhart at Marian ©, 7 pm

John Glenn JV at Clay, 7 pm

Penn at New Prairie ©, 7:30 pm

Adams at Jimtown, 7 pm

Washington at Hamilton Heights, 7:30 pm

Saturday, Oct. 7

Tippecanoe Valley at Glenn, 7 pm

THE game is Penn at New Prairie - Having seen both teams they each have an offense with play makers.  To me it seems Penn's pass offense which had many patterns last Friday night may give them the advantage.  SJ threw the ball well against NP and Penn has a QB that can sling it.  I give the D advantage to Penn as they are quick and react well.  Games like this you never know what will happen but it appears Penn is in line to win the conference.

Bremen - Riley - How will the Cats recover from their 1st loss?  Bremen does not appear to have the team to stay with the Cats

Elkhart - Marian - The Lions seems to be playing better.  They have the athletes.  Marian cannot look ahead to the "Holy War"  Elkhart

CA - St. Joe St. Joe comes back home  after playing the big 3 in the past 3 weeks.  With several starters out last week SJ still played hard and will have to do so this week. This game is usually an interesting game each year - SJ

Adams - Jimtown - Adams has struggled I think more than people thought they would.  Jimtown has played some tough teams out of conference - Jimmies

Washington - Hamilton Heights - long bus ride to Hamilton Heights for the Panthers.  The Huskies are 7-0 and shut out their opponents in the last 5 games. HH

John Glenn JV  - SB Clay -  Clay tasted their win in a long time.  They did not fare well with the last JV team they played.  Maybe the taste of victory carries over.

Tippy Valley - Glenn -  Tippy Valley is 7-0  They beat Jimtown and last week West Lafayette.  Have to lean to Tippy

Bremen at Riley - Riley's run defense is extremely good. Only way you beat them is through the air. Don't think this one is particularly close and Riley wins the conference title this year. 

Culver Academy at St. Joseph - St. Joe was without some starters last week? Thought they played Penn tough anyways. St. Joe gets the "W"

Elkhart at Marian - While Elkhart isn't what they should be, they are still a decent football team in the area. Marian is going to be in some tight games to end the season. Lions by a few TDs

John Glenn JV at Clay - Go to channel 46's short post game interview with a clay senior who has been with the program for 4 years. That's what high school sports are all about. Maybe Colonials get 2 in a row?

Penn at New Prairie - The game of the week. If both teams play their best games; Penn wins. But NP isn't too far behind, and I think it should be another good one in New Carlisle this Friday. This one is probably going to be a battle and have a "November" feel to it. Can't wait for a packed house at Amzie Miller

Adams at Jimtown - This will be a good barometer on the difference between the NIC big and small schools. Adams has scored a total of 13 points against NP, STJ, Marian, and Elkhart and with Penn still looming it doesn't look good for the eagles. If Jimtown gives up 3 TDs or more that will tell us something. Also what's up with Adams helmets this year? the yellow eagle on the side doesn't match or look good at all

Washington at Hamilton Heights - HH big

Tippy Valley @ Glenn - TV is very good this year. Green and yellow easily.

17 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

Friday, Oct. 6

Bremen at Riley ©, 7 pm: Riley needs to bounce back to prevent their season from imploding. This game will show how much heart these young men have when their backs are against the wall. 

Culver Academy at St. Joseph, 7:30 pm: I was impressed by St. Joe on Friday vs Penn, they have talent, just not much depth. I think they get the win at home. 

Elkhart at Marian ©, 7 pm: My heart hopes Marian, but Elkhart is coming off back to back wins.

John Glenn JV at Clay, 7 pm: Idk about this one, close game, but Glenn JV steals the win. 

Penn at New Prairie ©, 7:30 pm: this will either be a 1 point Penn win or Penn will get beat. I have 0 confidence in playing well at NP. Penn's recent string of indifference is getting old and frustrating. 

Adams at Jimtown, 7 pm: Jimtown at home against a struggling Adams, easy win for the Jimmies. 

Washington at Hamilton Heights, 7:30 pm: All I know is Washington is bad, so HH

Saturday, Oct. 7

Tippecanoe Valley at Glenn, 7 pm: This will be a good game, last time I picked against Glenn they came out and played great against LaVille. Maybe they can shock the small schools division and pick off a game TV. 

Riley over Bremen- wildcats run defense is legit, QB a little inaccurate but good enough to take care of business.

St Joe over CMA- don’t know much about CMA but the Indians are a decent football team.

Elkhart over Marian- think the lions win this one fairly easy.

Jimtown over Adams- the Jimmies JV will probably get plenty of reps in the 2nd half.

Penn over NP- the Cougars would have to play flawless to have a chance. Penn D shuts em down in a low scoring game.

TV over Glenn- I’ve heard a lot of people high on TV this year and think they’re to much for Glenn to handle.

39 minutes ago, Rocket said:

New Prairie’s field will probably be a mud pit Friday night after all the rain we’re going to get.

I cannot tell you the last time Penn has played in a slop fest....probably back at Mishawaka when Waka won 4 in a row on the Kingsmen. 

This is going to be a big help for NP, Penn has not faced adversity well this season. 

21 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I cannot tell you the last time Penn has played in a slop fest....probably back at Mishawaka when Waka won 4 in a row on the Kingsmen. 

This is going to be a big help for NP, Penn has not faced adversity well this season. 

And Penn never plays well at NP . 

Not going to go through the record books but Penn's defense just probably gave NP the worst statistical night in school history. 27 total yards.

Penn wins 22-0. NP defense did their job; they did a heck of a job only giving up 15 points when Penn was in their territory ALL GAME LONG. Don't think NP offense ever got near the 50 yard line and even gave up a TD on a botched snap. One of the worst offensive games you can imagine. 

8 minutes ago, npcougar15 said:

Not going to go through the record books but Penn's defense just probably gave NP the worst statistical night in school history. 27 total yards.

Penn wins 22-0. NP defense did their job; they did a heck of a job only giving up 15 points when Penn was in their territory ALL GAME LONG. Don't think NP offense ever got near the 50 yard line and even gave up a TD on a botched snap. One of the worst offensive games you can imagine. 

Hell of a performance by Penn’s D. After talking to a few people and his Parents I don’t think Kmiecik should have been playing tonight. He was very sick all week and in the hospital hooked up to IV’s. Gotta give credit to the young man for playing but you could tell he wasn’t the same. 

12 hours ago, Rocket said:

Hell of a performance by Penn’s D. After talking to a few people and his Parents I don’t think Kmiecik should have been playing tonight. He was very sick all week and in the hospital hooked up to IV’s. Gotta give credit to the young man for playing but you could tell he wasn’t the same. 

Wasn't the same as what ? Not saying he wasn't 100% but what are you comparing his performance to? Has NP seen a defense as good as Penn's this year? NP has played 3 teams this year  that have 1-7 records , 1 team that is 3-5 and 2 teams that are 4-4 . I know that Penn players don't look the same when they play Indianapolis Cathedral as they did when playing South Bend Adams is my point . 

• Like 1

I felt the Penn D was the best D I had seen this season in the NIC and it proved out.  Regardless of how healthy players were they attack and tackle well.  Now how will it hold up to teams in the INdy area if they get there.  That is another story.  But they are very good in these parts

4 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

I felt the Penn D was the best D I had seen this season in the NIC and it proved out.  Regardless of how healthy players were they attack and tackle well.  Now how will it hold up to teams in the INdy area if they get there.  That is another story.  But they are very good in these parts

Don't think we have to worry about any Indy schools , I don't see Penn getting past Carroll . There's also Crown Point. 

11 hours ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Wasn't the same as what ? Not saying he wasn't 100% but what are you comparing his performance to? Has NP seen a defense as good as Penn's this year? NP has played 3 teams this year  that have 1-7 records , 1 team that is 3-5 and 2 teams that are 4-4 . I know that Penn players don't look the same when they play Indianapolis Cathedral as they did when playing South Bend Adams is my point . 

I give all the credit to the Penn D. Talking to him before the game you could see how pale he was, and not up to his normal self. Penn’s D is certainly elite but think the offense could hold them back come tournament time