Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 28 Thread

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

One game into sectionals feels a little early to start fielding the voluntary move up shots.

Dilly can have the greatest game plan ever developed for tonight but without the athletes it won’t really matter. 

⬆️ Not my words.  Everything I've read says the 3A tourney is over before it really started.  Don't make yourself a target and not expect people to take shots.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Actually, I think Scecina was in 2A when they won their back-to-back titles and elected to stay in 2A despite their enrollment dropping to 1A level. 

Yes, you're correct. They voluntarily stayed in 2A when their enrollment dropped. 

It sounds like Chatard may be in 4A for a few years with this freshman class if everything I've heard about them is true. That is, assuming they bump up this year.

Edited by gonzoron
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Yes, you're correct. They voluntarily stayed in 2A when their enrollment dropped. 

It sounds like Chatard may be in 4A for a few years with this freshman class if everything I've heard about them is true. That is, assuming they bump up this year.

And the IHSAA doesn't decide to get cute again with a 4A sectional assignment.

Same thing with Lutheran going to 2A.  I think it will be a toss-up as to whether they can weather 2A with such a small enrollment, but the likelihood of them and LCC staying in 2A would be better if the IHSAA doesn't stick Lutheran in the same sectional with LCC.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ballhawk said:

Dilly can have the greatest game plan ever developed for tonight but without the athletes it won’t really matter. 

⬆️ Not my words.  Everything I've read says the 3A tourney is over before it really started.  Don't make yourself a target and not expect people to take shots.

I forget that people might not have the same info that I do. Word is that Guerin’s top 2 receivers are not playing tonight. Injuries this time of year can end anyone’s season prematurely. If they don’t play then, as I stated above, it won’t really matter how good the game plan is. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Scecina is the only P/P team I ever remember voluntarily moving up a class. More should follow suit. At least in football. 

Mishawaka Marion holds that record. Having been assigned 1A at the tourney inception. Petioned up to 2A... If memory serves... having won both 1A and 2A, petioned up to 3A? (Top Class)without success. No one attempted that again until Scecina... And Now You Know The Rest Of The Story!   

• Like 1

The final is set.  I thought the broadcast last night said it would be at Chatard, but John Harrell is showing us back up in Hamilton County.  Any thoughts about the actual game besides the obligatory call for a running clock?  I assume the sprinklers will be on all week and the grass hasn't been cut for a month.

25 minutes ago, Trojan said:

The final is set.  I thought the broadcast last night said it would be at Chatard, but John Harrell is showing us back up in Hamilton County.  Any thoughts about the actual game besides the obligatory call for a running clock?  I assume the sprinklers will be on all week and the grass hasn't been cut for a month.

You spelled cornstalks wrong. Your center shouldn't have any trouble hiking the ball over them though.

• Like 2

Odds are good that HH scores a special teams TD. Their PR/KR has been good this year. Odds are also good that, like Chatards last two opponents, the starting defense doesn’t give up 150 yards. As long as the offense can score two TD’s (and the special teams aren’t as SpEsHuL) Chatard should move on. 21-7 is probably a safe bet.

Get to the field before sunset. it is a beautiful view from the visitors stands as the sun sets behind the pressbox and home team stands. 

Edited by Just a dad
Grammar

6 hours ago, Trojan said:

Nope !

On 10/28/2023 at 1:58 PM, Trojan said:

They haven't cut the grass all year !!!

Silly Trojan... they water the turf !

10 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

I hope The Huskies don’t get caught looking ahead to regionals !

If the Huskies can stop the run they might have a chance to force 3-4 punts during the game. Special Teams is Chatards achilles heal. Your PR/KR might score 2 TD’s from a return and get good field position from some of the others. It is a field position game for them. Any team that tries to consistently go 70 yards to score against the Trojans will have a long day. Shorten the field to 30-40 yards and the chances to get them on their heels and have a chance at an upset are real. 

With that knowledge, it wouldn't surprise me if Chatard goes for it on every fourth down outside their 30 and puts every kickoff into the endzone. 

Looking forward to another parking lot takeover from the Trojan Horse tailgate and, God willing (ha ha ha) a running clock.