Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Brownsburg/Ben Davis

2 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Yea, I remember even in the late 80's, CG was still thought of as a "country school". I worked with a guy whose kid was a QB back then. The dad was not pleased with the coaching, so "transferred" him to Lawrence N. 

Jeff Fryar is/was a good friend. But the explosion started in the 70s. 

On 10/30/2023 at 12:15 PM, Bash Riprock said:

Ben Davis' greatest enemy was the clock down 3 scores.  The pick 6 not only reduced the gap, but reduced the size of the clock enemy.  Just not smart...put the ball in the hands of a Mr. Football candidate....eat clock, punt if needed and flip the field.  Their defense had been solid all game.  The decision to pass almost seems like you don't trust your D.  

You just don't give a team a reason to believe..........

Complete head scratcher......

Just to clarify Ben Davis was not down 3 scores when the pick 6 happened. It was 25-14 with just under 9 minutes to go.

27 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Just to clarify Ben Davis was not down 3 scores when the pick 6 happened. It was 25-14 with just under 9 minutes to go.

thanks for clarifying.  That makes a little more sense.  I still would have tried to eat clock with a Mr. Football candidate, but that sheds much more light.  My bad.

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

thanks for clarifying.  That makes a little more sense.  I still would have tried to eat clock with a Mr. Football candidate, but that sheds much more light.  My bad.

I think I would have too, but I bounce back and forth. Their Mr. Football candidate had 167 yards on 25 carries. 3 of his runs were long ones with a 65 yard TD early in the game and a 45 yarder late in the 3rd. He also had a 18 yard first down run. Aside from that Ben Davis really clamped down on him as he had 22 carries for 32 yards. They did try and run the ball and punt after Ben Davis got the pick 6 two times (even mixing in the QB running) and had to punt both times. with far less time than 9 minutes.

Judging from the big pass plays they hit on Ben Davis I can see why they tried to sneak one in with 9 minutes to go on 2nd down. The problem was the QB tried to throw short to a WR on Zachary's side and he read it all the way. 

• Like 2

On 10/31/2023 at 10:27 AM, WestfieldRocks said:

Yea, I remember even in the late 80's, CG was still thought of as a "country school". I worked with a guy whose kid was a QB back then. The dad was not pleased with the coaching, so "transferred" him to Lawrence N. 

Jeff Fryar went from CG to LN in early 80's. 

On 10/31/2023 at 1:41 PM, temptation said:

Nobody could find Bargersville on a map until the early 90s.

70's? I was at Hinkle to see tiny Center Grove knock off mighty Richmond in the Semi-State. If memory serves me correctly, Richmond was ranked #1. A CG kid hit a shot at the buzzer to win. CG was then beaten by eventual state champ Connersville in the night title game. CG didn't seem to be a big school at all in the 70's.

Edited by WestfieldRocks

12 minutes ago, WestfieldRocks said:

70's? I was at Hinkle to see tiny Center Grove knock off mighty Richmond in the Semi-State. If memory serves me correctly, Richmond was ranked #1. A CG kid hit a shot at the buzzer to win. CG was then beaten by eventual state champ Connersville in the night title game. CG didn't seem to be a big school at all in the 70's.

That was 1972.  😀  Guy Ogden hit the shot. I was there too.  CG was still little in '72.  10 years later it had about 1500 students.  Not sure why you guys are trying to take me to task on this.  I've lived in the CG district since 1970.  Your lack of cartography skills doesn't change that.

Oh, and the high school isn't in Bargersville.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

I knew about Bargersville in the 80's and 90's. My dad loved the big flea market down there. Of course, Temp will completely doubt me knowing what my dad did.

Oh yes, nothing screams booming enrollment, growth and explosion like the local flea market, lol.

8 hours ago, Grover said:

That was 1972.  😀  Guy Ogden hit the shot. I was there too.  CG was still little in '72.  10 years later it had about 1500 students.  Not sure why you guys are trying to take me to task on this.  I've lived in the CG district since 1970.  Your lack of cartography skills doesn't change that.

Oh, and the high school isn't in Bargersville.

Amen, about the same distance as Brownsburg High School is from the old Avon High School. 😂

image.png.691ffe56ff4e53db3e38f18c96254328.png

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Oh yes, nothing screams booming enrollment, growth and explosion like the local flea market, lol.

You obviously lack knowledge of the entire White River Township area.....

For someone that constantly speaks arrogantly like an expert on everything......SMH

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

I wasn't going to use his name, but yea. And it was early 80's. 

Considering his son is the starting tackle for THE Ohio State Buckeyes, I don't think you can get more public than that. He was also a good OL on a pretty good Indiana team back in the day. 

18 hours ago, ragdoll said:

Considering his son is the starting tackle for THE Ohio State Buckeyes, I don't think you can get more public than that. He was also a good OL on a pretty good Indiana team back in the day. 

On a change of subject. Am I the only non OSU fan that can't stand putting "the" in front of Ohio State? I always just call them Ohio State Buckeyes. Some (certainly not all) Ohio State fans can be really obnoxious with "the", it is almost like the "small man syndrome". I apologize to the Ohio State fans that aren't obnoxious.

• Haha 1