• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
Sign in to follow this  
Coach Nowlin

Purdue Basketball

Heading back to Mackey tonight for 2 ranked teams going at it!!   Yep its Northwestern night!!! 

Hey Hey played some good Ball screen defense.....amazing when that happens, of course having their stud out was helpful of course 

Not playing the best basketball of the season right now, but tomorrow night would be a GREAT opportunity to get back on the RAILS! 

Michigan was forgone conclusion in the L column, which made PSU win on the road so important.  Bad matchup of shooters and athletic bigs on the road, on SR day, on Chad Tough day.   you were going to get their absolute BEST and we did.   We played like garbage and still hung around and made it interesting at the end because Michigan didn't want to stay on the gas.   

But we are in the same spot.  Win out. and your the out right champions.   

• Upvote 1

lol....don't get too crazy. Look what winning the regular season title did for IU last year....and in previous years under Clappy

difference Painter > Clappy 

But we have that monkey on the NCAA back due to the meltdowns last 2 years 1st round exits

On 3/1/2017 at 6:23 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

difference Painter > Clappy Not so sure about that at this point.

But we have that monkey on the NCAA back due to the meltdowns last 2 years 1st round exits

This Purdue team reminds me a LOT of the IU team with Zeller in the middle; dominant through most of the B1G regular season, first round loss in the B1G tourney, and an earlier than expected exit from the dance.

no doubt.   Iowa St is talented enough to run with them so that is a coin flip in all sense of the term.  But as you noted, cannot get embarrassed by Vermont when you have a player of the year candidate and reigning B10 POY.   Get to next weekend and take your best shot at more than likely Kansas, but never know about ole IZZO he could sneak up on Rock Chalk!!!    Such a great time for Sports with Baseball around the corner 

I thought they were going to blow it in the tourney again, but, Swanigan with yet another gutsy performance, especially down the stretch. Purdue looks dangerous.

GB 

4 seniors and that PG and a guy 6'5 250 SG for Iowa St was going to make a run, they withstood it and PJ making PJ plays and sealed that baby!!   

Iowa St had beaten Kansas, WV and Baylor this year and their SR class all time career leaders in Wins.   This game went as I expected, it was a luxury we built such a lead, was not expecting that, but they played almost flawless 1st half!!    

• Upvote 1

That guy that is 86 inches tall needs to dunk it only !!!!

Dakota is the guy that needs to shoot 3-pointers only,layups and floaters scare me.Biggie MUST stay out of foul trouble..Mathias and Vince will have to attempt to hold down there point guard from dealing and soring in gobs.

• Upvote 1

Nice run this season for the Boilers; again though, it is eerily similar to several recent IU seasons. Painter=Crean? Even though one is still employed. With Biggie gone next year, the head hunters will be after Painter.

Snagged Hunter from Tidley last night.  

3 Huge Grabs for Painter thus far.   Refilling the Post needs after biggie and Haas exits.   

Not sure Purdue can keep up the 108 points per game average, but it will be fun to see if they can!!!    

Real good Non Conf slate this year.   its a bonus to have good players who have been at the school for 4 years.  

• Upvote 1

I know I am a boiler meathead, but looking at the skill set of the team, if remain healthy I believe they can make significant noise in march.   

I love having skilled 4 year guys.  They have 4 of them.   Such a luxury 

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:30 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

Just gotta hit 19 3's a game and we will be unstoppable  :06_v:

Looking pretty good so far.  But outside of Marquette, we basically pulled an IU by playing a bunch of cupcakes.  The Bahamas trip will hopefully be a good one.

yea man, college basketball has to fill schedules, not going to play all "power 5 " power conference teams, be silly to do so with your non conference slate.  

I would venture to say this has been one of the better non conf schedules PU bball has put together this year with Gavitt Games, ACC/B10, Battle for atlantis and then Crossroads classic.  Good chunk of games indeed