• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
Coach Nowlin

Purdue Basketball

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

yea man, college basketball has to fill schedules, not going to play all "power 5 " power conference teams, be silly to do so with your non conference slate.  

I would venture to say this has been one of the better non conf schedules PU bball has put together this year with Gavitt Games, ACC/B10, Battle for atlantis and then Crossroads classic.  Good chunk of games indeed 

I'll be happy if we win 2 of 3 games in Nassau and at Louisville.

Nice Grindy win last night after the bad losses to Tennessee and ugh...WKU in Bahamas.   Great to find a way when not hitting anything and have a no show 1st half Vince with foul trouble and decision making.   Same with Big Man as well, almost too unselfish early in the game and led to bad decisions and bad basketball plays.  It was a miracle PU was not down 10 + at half. 

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Nice Grindy win last night after the bad losses to Tennessee and ugh...WKU in Bahamas.   Great to find a way when not hitting anything and have a no show 1st half Vince with foul trouble and decision making.   Same with Big Man as well, almost too unselfish early in the game and led to bad decisions and bad basketball plays.  It was a miracle PU was not down 10 + at half. 

The Boilers still have some obstacles to overcome, but I think this will be another good year.

indeed.    next big one I think is Butler coming up in a couple weeks.   So weird seeing B10 games so early.  NOT gonna like it at MSG 

Boilers look to go to 3-0 in B10 with an improved but still undermanned Rutgers squad coming to Mackey then followed by Nebraska Saturday.   Keep that Train a rolling 

first time in 120 year that Boilers have won 3 games in a row by 30+ points.    

When they start tossing it inside to get established they can be so dangerous.  

The 31 point win last night was their 7th game this season they've won by 30+ points.  I really like the way they're playing right now, IMO very unselfish.  Love Haarms and his excitement, it's nice to see his enthusiasm.  Miss Biggie, but I think this team is better without him. Continue with what their doing, and they should be successful.  BOILER UP

yea definitely more balanced with Biggie in the league/G league.   PJ and Carson are good good cop bad cop duo, bc PJ so steady and heady can make up for Carson's heat checks!!!  :07_v:

Establishing the big fella down low early and often does a lot in terms of getting the whistle early and often as well as it seems b10 officials are giving Haas the SR big man respect he has earned after getting clobbered his 1st 3 years with very little calls his way.    I think teams will continue to take their chances 1 on 1 with Haas as it has been proven this year that when you double he has made the good decision and lead to easy wide open 3s that they are hitting on a very consistent clip 

Big week ahead:  2 road games,  Michigan and Minnesota   what will likely be a HUGE jump to close to being top 5 AP team here in a few when its released.   Keep that train a moving 

Minnesota seems to be boarding the struggle bus at the moment.  Without Lynch and Coffee, they seem to be undermanned, but could maybe be dangerous as the underdog in the Barn.  Michigan, however has proven recently that they are a very formidable opponent for Purdue.  Difficult style to prep for, and always seem to have secondary players step up against the Purdue man 2 man.  Win these two and the national noise will get much louder.  Personally, I like being able to hear a pin drop, but I like winning even more, so bring on the noise!  

BTW ... I was impressed by the manner in which the Boilers won sloppily on Saturday against a game Huskers squad.  Poor offensive efficiency was overcome by suffocating defense.  

Also, in his first attempt (at Purdue) to get more minutes when it counts, Jaquil Taylor failed miserably.  Caused the offense to be completely out of sink and defensively had zero clue when, where, why, and/or how to help.  I hope that there are a couple more opportunities for him to prove that this was an anomaly, but he just looked plain bad in a meaningful spot.

BOILER UP!     

Agree Coach on Taylor, but I am willing to bet he will be needed like that again in conference play.  Just need to be solid.  

Boilers #5 in AP

With such a SR dominated squad, I do not think that will affect them much.   

I just booked my trip to NYC to B10 tournament.   Really excited about this

• Thanks 1

Congrats to the Boilers on your #3 ranking, one game at a time. Two good road wins last week, now send the Badgers back to Madison with an "L" tomorrow night,

I attended the Zionsville-McCutcheon game on Saturday, and was able to witness 2 future B1G players in Robert Phinese and Isaiah Thompson go head to head and one heckuva high school game.  IU is getting a good one in Phinese and I think Thompson will be good for Purdue.  Zionsville held on for a 65-59 to remain undefeated on the season.  Phinese led all scorers with 31(21 in 4th quarter) and I think Thompson ended up with 15-16(could be wrong on this).    Coach Painter, PJ, Vince, Carson and Nojel were in the stands watching the game.

Really hoping these 2 meet up again in the sectional.

Edited by Mod22

First and likely last time I watch PU play this year (just not a huge basketball fan).  Nice team.  Good luck.

I thought you coached you son's teams back in the day?   You should get on board,  Fun team to follow.  Very unselfish!!    

Big ones this week.   Michigan at home and Sunday down at IU where funny things can happen

Thursday night is REALLY big.  UM is a tough guard, but I love the way this team plays on both ends.  You could make the argument that the worst basketball Purdue has played since returning to the states was in Ann Arbor, and we know how that turned out.  

I am really excited about Sunday afternoon as well! I think that there will be a hiccup along the way somewhere, but I don't see these seniors getting beat down there.  

BOILER UP!

• Upvote 1

That was a GREAT OFFENSIVE SHOT MAKING game last night by both squads.   Holy Toledo!!!    SO much fun.  Just big time shots being drilled on each other's faces.   incredible.

I do not want to see Michigan in B10 or NCAA.  Twice is enough for this guy 

• Like 1

Man are these guys fun to watch!  I have had some friends who are fans of Sunday's upcoming opponent talking to me about how Purdue has not played anyone.  After seeing them outplay Michigan, as Michigan plays one of their best games of the season last night, I realized that Purdue is leading the nation in margin of victory, so they do not have much of a claim.  This team can beat you in so many ways, and I am loving it!

BOILER UP 

PS  *@#% IU

I will have a full case of Sunday Scaries!!!    Just never know in rival games, especially on the road.   Funnier things have happened.    IU will be treating it like their "super bowl" for lack of better terms as they are not really playing for much else in big scheme of things.  

That went about as I expected, tight close game vs #1 Rival.   Glad to grind out a game with a poor shooting day, which could be also credited to the athleticism and effort of IU perimeter defense.  

See ya in Mackey on Wednesday!! 

Good point in the season to get a wake up call for them. I am just glad IU competed at this point. It is hard to tell which team will show up on a given night.

Only the silly folks out there thought PU would blowout IU in Assembly Hall.   Just doesn't happen, too tough of a place and too much pride in the rivalry.   

Take care of Maryland at home and find a way to win at Rutgers (they are surprising good on Defense by the numbers) and sets up a HUGE week after that.  Home vs Ohio St to go up minimum 2 games and road to MSU to try to go up 3 on them.