• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street
Sign in to follow this  
dave mosbey

Indiana Basketball

Ok Hoosier fans what's your preferred line-up for 2016-17 ??

Personally I'm not a fan of the 3 guard lineup and have my doubts on Johnson at the point so I would like to see either Blackmon or Johnson come off the bench and Newkirk at point .

On 7/15/2016 at 8:02 PM, dave mosbey said:

Ok Hoosier fans what's your preferred line-up for 2016-17 ??

Personally I'm not a fan of the 3 guard lineup and have my doubts on Johnson at the point so I would like to see either Blackmon or Johnson come off the bench and Newkirk at point .

Bryant

Blackmon

Johnson

Hartman

Newkirk

Could see mcswain start instead of Hartman

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 9:34 AM, Hoosier 98 said:

Bryant

Blackmon

Johnson

Hartman

Newkirk

Could see mcswain start instead of Hartman

No offense to Hartman  but I would be pretty mad if he started over OG.

18 hours ago, dave mosbey said:

No offense to Hartman  but I would be pretty mad if he started over OG.

I can't believe I forgot OG! Lol

Bryant

OG

Johnson

Blackmon

Newkirk

Bench

Hartman,Davis, McSwain and Morgan should get most of the playing time off the bench.

I'm interested to see if they end up getting Wilkes and Scruggs.

Alright I am about as big of a Hoosier basketball fan as there is in the world, So I am thinking Coach Crean and I are proabbly on the same page:

Starters:

Thomas Bryant    C

OG Anunoby        F

Colin Hartman      F

Rob Johnson       PG

James Blackmon SG

Subs 

Thomas Bryant-Deron Davis

OG Anunoby-Juwan Morgan

Colin Hartman-Freddie Mcswain

Rob Johnson-Josh Newkirk

James Blackmon-Curtis Jones

Probably one of the deepest and most talented rosters in the country.  I could see this team having 3 guys averaging in the teens in points and another 5-6 guys averaging just under ten!!  Another banner baby!!!!!!

Calipari: Series between Hoosiers and Wildcats not happening soon: http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2016/11/18/calipari-series-between-hoosiers-and-wildcats-not-happening-soon/94070048/

Fans of both Indiana and Kentucky basketball will have to continue waiting for the long-awaited series between the Hoosiers and Wildcats.

Earlier this week, Wildcats head coach John Calipari joined "The Rich Eisen Show" to talk about the potential of reigniting a series between the two storied programs.

"Other people get involved (and say) you’ve got to come to our place," Calipari said. "No, we’re not coming to Indiana."

Why doesn't Mr. Calipari like the friendly confines of Assembly Hall?  Sounds like cowardice to me.................

12 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Calipari: Series between Hoosiers and Wildcats not happening soon: http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2016/11/18/calipari-series-between-hoosiers-and-wildcats-not-happening-soon/94070048/

Why doesn't Mr. Calipari like the friendly confines of Assembly Hall?  Sounds like cowardice to me.................

I don't understand why they can't just agree on a neutral site game. Would still be a great atmosphere and would certainly gain high ratings.

9 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

It sure sounds cowardly to me!

GB

Great win for Fort Wayne.

GB

Edited by GB4
  • Upvote 1

IPFW played so hard last night. Impressive group.

Can't stand the antics of Thomas Bryant on the floor or the IU strength coach on the bench. So annoying.

Solid first half for IU. 41-29, I hope they can keep it up.

GB

Great effort from the Hoosiers! I hope they shoot better than 66% from the Free Throw line in the future.

GB

This team can be frustrating to watch. They show they can play with and even dominate teams like Kansas and UNC at times, but then just looked awful against IPFW.  It does seem there is one guy each game that will struggle, and make bad play after bad play; Johnson had a sequence of plays late in the game that allowed UNC to get back in the game, and in Fort Wayne, it was Blackmon. Hopefully they figure out that they need to feed the ball to their teammates when they are off instead of forcing things. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

This team can be frustrating to watch. They show they can play with and even dominate teams like Kansas and UNC at times, but then just looked awful against IPFW.  It does seem there is one guy each game that will struggle, and make bad play after bad play; Johnson had a sequence of plays late in the game that allowed UNC to get back in the game, and in Fort Wayne, it was Blackmon. Hopefully they figure out that they need to feed the ball to their teammates when they are off instead of forcing things. 

I still cannot fathom that loss against IPFW. Granted, they're a tournament team. They're expected to win their conference. They have a former Purdue transfer. IPFW is a solid mid-major squad. HOWEVER, it is unacceptable to lose to them. I do not understand how they win against Kansas & North Carolina, yet drop a game to IPFW. I guess we can't be too upset. Two wins against top 5 teams in the first month of the season is still a great feat for any team. I'm really excited to see this team progress. The thing is...this team will only get better. That's scary.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

that was a good run IU had last night 

I thought your Boilers were coming all the way back too.

2 hours ago, braaadly said:

I still cannot fathom that loss against IPFW. Granted, they're a tournament team. They're expected to win their conference. They have a former Purdue transfer. IPFW is a solid mid-major squad. HOWEVER, it is unacceptable to lose to them. I do not understand how they win against Kansas & North Carolina, yet drop a game to IPFW. I guess we can't be too upset. Two wins against top 5 teams in the first month of the season is still a great feat for any team. I'm really excited to see this team progress. The thing is...this team will only get better. That's scary.

This is the exact reason why most "Power" conference teams won't play at a Mid- Major.

GB

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, GB4 said:

This is the exact reason why most "Power" conference teams won't play at a Mid- Major.

GB

Exactly. This was a bold move for both CTC and Fred Glass to schedule a noncon game on the road against an upper tier mid-major

• Upvote 1

That being said, IU has played Butler in Indy and done ok. Even with the game in Fort Wayne, there was plenty of support for IU. as good as they look against top competition, they better be ready next time they face a mid major, or by the time they face one in the tournament, or March will be a short month for them. Heck, the game in FW might even turn out to be the best thing to happen to them. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Irishman said:

That being said, IU has played Butler in Indy and done ok. Even with the game in Fort Wayne, there was plenty of support for IU. as good as they look against top competition, they better be ready next time they face a mid major, or by the time they face one in the tournament, or March will be a short month for them. Heck, the game in FW might even turn out to be the best thing to happen to them. 

I agree 100%

GB 

23 hours ago, Irishman said:

I thought your Boilers were coming all the way back too.

Fools Gold, I like the fight I guess, but where was that 1st half, instead it was panic city after they missed their 1st 4 jumpers, then they played hot potato because they didn't wnt to be the next guy to brick a shot.  Oh well, figured we'd be 5-2 at this point.  

I'm curious to see how many spoto IU moves up in the new AP poll. Had it not been for the loss to IPFW, I'd be willing to bet IU would be #1 tomorrow (after Kentucky lost to UCLA). However, that is not that scenario. I predict IU will move up to #8 in the poll.

UCLA will be up there too. If they're are consistent, that is a really good team. Have size, depth, and good guard play.