Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 1A Tournament Predictions

12 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

Let's get this thread back to where it's designed to be and away from local small town drama/politics...

The game of the week in the north is the rematch between Triton and North Judson. Triton got the best of the Blue Jays in a big way in the regular season, but JH is predicting a 1-point margin this time around in favor of Triton. It looks like Park Tudor at North Vermillion could be a good one, but I don't know anything about these teams. I don't expect AC or Carroll to have any problems making it back to a regional rematch assuming they stay healthy and play relatively clean football.

It looks like there are a few good games in the south with North Decatur at Milan and Springs Valley at Providence. I don't know anything about these teams, but on paper it looks like a fun sectional final week.

Thanks Flying High for attempting to get this back on track!  As of now it’s looking to be dry in Bourbon Friday night along with a fresh field that hasn’t been played on in over a month,  I think is an advantage to Triton and the shifty qb

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Of course you don't want Westfield to take over everything Mr. Bragg.   You and other elected officials want to control the massive growth that is coming to Sheridan and Adams township.  But growth is coming, and within 50 years there probably won't be all that much that distinguishes Sheridan from today's Westfield.

How is Sheridan Community Schools planning for this growth?  I hope they have purchased sufficient real estate for the school building/expansions projects that are to come.

Sheridan will not be a 1A enrollment classification for that much longer.   And how will that affect the football history/tradition in Blackhawk Country?

Not a fan of Sheridan becoming Westfield but over time you are not wrong about the uncontrollable growth. In football terms I think it can only make Sheridan better. Better players who don't quite have the size to play at Westfield but are great adds in the 1A world (2 Westfield transfers on the Sheridan football team this year). Better coaching which Sheridan desperately needs. They are going to be lost and not know what to do after 60+ years with Bud Wright, if they can bring in a good coach with experience and some more new age thinking Sheridan will be able to grow, in football, with the other growth around them coming.

1 hour ago, FlyingHigh said:

Let's get this thread back to where it's designed to be and away from local small town drama/politics...

The game of the week in the north is the rematch between Triton and North Judson. Triton got the best of the Blue Jays in a big way in the regular season, but JH is predicting a 1-point margin this time around in favor of Triton. It looks like Park Tudor at North Vermillion could be a good one, but I don't know anything about these teams. I don't expect AC or Carroll to have any problems making it back to a regional rematch assuming they stay healthy and play relatively clean football.

It looks like there are a few good games in the south with North Decatur at Milan and Springs Valley at Providence. I don't know anything about these teams, but on paper it looks like a fun sectional final week.

Great idea!

NJ @ Triton - Any injured players coming back for NJ that can make a difference? Hard to understand how you can make up for a 33-point deficit from the first game.

Park Tudor @ NV - PT should handle business, unless they shoot themselves in the foot.

Carroll @ Tri-Central - running clock

AC @ MG - MG fights hard, AC just too much for them to handle.

Sheridan @ Monroe Central - running clock

ND @ Milan - Better strength of schedule and more wins over common opponents, Milan gets the win.

Lutheran @ Cov Chr - running clock

SV @ Providence -Prov has a statement win and shows they are ready to take on Lutheran

39 minutes ago, khayward said:

NJ @ Triton - Any injured players coming back for NJ that can make a difference? Hard to understand how you can make up for a 33-point deficit from the first game.

Don't be fooled by the score of the first meeting!  It was a fluke.  Triton played an almost flawless game with everything falling together like clockwork.  It was by far the best game Triton has played all year.  Judson moved the ball well against the Trojan D, but turned it over several times.  This game will be much different!!

27 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

Don't be fooled by the score of the first meeting!  It was a fluke.  Triton played an almost flawless game with everything falling together like clockwork.  It was by far the best game Triton has played all year.  Judson moved the ball well against the Trojan D, but turned it over several times.  This game will be much different!!

NJ has a better result against virtually every single common opponent, so I believe it. Could be a very interesting game, winner has a great shot against Park Tudor with their terrible strength of schedule. Both teams will be well tested and well prepared for PT.

NJ @ Triton - Give me NJ on the road. Should be a fun one, but I like North Judson.

Park Tudor @ NV - PT easily rolls.

Carroll @ Tri-Central - running clock

AC @ MG - AC keeps rolling on, setting up the Game of the Year with Carroll?

Sheridan @ Monroe Central - running clock

ND @ Milan - Call me crazy, but I still go ND here.

Lutheran @ Cov Chr - running clock (although I'm hoping for a repeat of last week's Lutheran game)

SV @ Providence -Prov rolls.  

8 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Love the optimism @FinePrint, but I am inclined to disagree with you. 3 things that I have noticed about the Jays over the last 3 weeks compared to Triton.

1. Jays kicking game vs Triton's kicking. Triton takes the field position game, extra point game, and fg game all day. Field position will be the biggest factor in this game and the disadvantage is Judson.

2. Judson's offense vs Triton's offense. Judson has shown inconsistencies in the pass game all season. Understanding they are a run first team, the passing game has been has been throw the deep ball and pray that the receiver catches the ball. Triton has shown way more balance in both the running and passing game all season.

3. Defensively both teams have played lights out the last few weeks, no doubt. Unfortunately, I don't know how a 1 dimensional team can stop balance. 

Unless something dramatic happens where turnovers are a problem, I feel like this game absolutely goes to Triton. The score maybe different, but I don't think it will be that much different. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Trojan67 said:

Love the optimism @FinePrint, but I am inclined to disagree with you. 3 things that I have noticed about the Jays over the last 3 weeks compared to Triton.

1. Jays kicking game vs Triton's kicking. Triton takes the field position game, extra point game, and fg game all day. Field position will be the biggest factor in this game and the disadvantage is Judson.

2. Judson's offense vs Triton's offense. Judson has shown inconsistencies in the pass game all season. Understanding they are a run first team, the passing game has been has been throw the deep ball and pray that the receiver catches the ball. Triton has shown way more balance in both the running and passing game all season.

3. Defensively both teams have played lights out the last few weeks, no doubt. Unfortunately, I don't know how a 1 dimensional team can stop balance. 

Unless something dramatic happens where turnovers are a problem, I feel like this game absolutely goes to Triton. The score maybe different, but I don't think it will be that much different. 

Yeah, we know Judson are the underdogs and have to play a perfect game to keep it close. Maybe the bluejays can make it a 28-14 game instead.

8 hours ago, DecCoFan said:

North Decatur is at a disadvantage for Milan. Playing at milan and on turf. We tend to not play well on turf. I still see Milan winning but not easy. North can have a good run and pass game and defense is ok but still nothing like last year

ND had very similar outcomes this year, as Milan did, against SD and Switz Co, what made the difference in the EH and Rushville games where Milan won and ND did not against those teams? Curious what edge Milan has over ND this year?

Both look to run the ball well and play pretty good defense. Wondering if the main difference is in the strength of schedule and Milan just having that extra experience against bigger better faster competition?

11 hours ago, littledog said:

Yeah, we know Judson are the underdogs and have to play a perfect game to keep it close. Maybe the bluejays can make it a 28-14 game instead.

Kinda the point of my post, but also calling out the doubt because for some in the Triton community, it is all about gearing up for boys basketball. 

53 minutes ago, Oldschool said:

Triton becoming a football school!

I don't think it has anything to do with Triton becoming a football school. I think it is more culture shock. People find it easy to cast doubt when there has been lack of success. Looking at the road ahead, I just feel like this is a different team than what I have seen in years past. 

This game with NJ is going to be a slobberknocker!  Look at what Judson has done...  They've lost 4 games and three of those by less than a touchdown to 4A, 3A and 2A schools which are each playing for a sectional title tomorrow night.  Yes, Triton humiliated the Jays a few weeks back.  But that was by far the best game the Trojans played all year.  And the Judson kids will be looking to avenge that embarrassment.  

I just don't see Triton dominating this game.  I'm not saying they won't win, but it won't be easy.

21 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

This game with NJ is going to be a slobberknocker!  Look at what Judson has done...  They've lost 4 games and three of those by less than a touchdown to 4A, 3A and 2A schools which are each playing for a sectional title tomorrow night.  Yes, Triton humiliated the Jays a few weeks back.  But that was by far the best game the Trojans played all year.  And the Judson kids will be looking to avenge that embarrassment.  

I just don't see Triton dominating this game.  I'm not saying they won't win, but it won't be easy.

To me this game comes down to 1 thing!  Can Judson run the ball get first downs and control the clock?  If they can it’s gonna be a fight to the end.  If they can’t I believe Triton winds going away because of their ability to run and pass

• Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 10:44 AM, khayward said:

NJ has a better result against virtually every single common opponent, so I believe it. Could be a very interesting game, winner has a great shot against Park Tudor with their terrible strength of schedule. Both teams will be well tested and well prepared for PT.

I agree that both would have a shot against PT with their styles of play. But, do not underestimate PT talent even with their strength of schedule. Neither team has seen a QB with the talent of Gordon.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CoachDurham said:

I agree that both would have a shot against PT with their styles of play. But, do not underestimate PT talent even with their strength of schedule. Neither team has seen a QB with the talent of Gordon.

Ya I think PT is the biggest question of the tournament. They are hard to read with their schedule but that QB is the real deal.

1 hour ago, CoachDurham said:

He has some dudes around him too. I swear to God he does 

49 minutes ago, Trojan67 said:

What's the take on North Vermillion? @Donnie Baker didnt you have to hide a boat down around there? 

NV lost to Fountain Central who Park Tudor just smashed in the 1st round... All I need to see for that one....

Sectional Championships should have 6 near locks...

The 2 most interesting games are NJ v Triton - even though the 1st meeting tells me otherwise, everyone here thinks it will be closer, I'm intrigued... and ND @ Milan, not a game people will be interested in statewide but should be the tightest game of the 8 in my opinion, toss up but advantage Milan. 

The 3rd most interesting game for 1A is actually a 2A game oddly enough! Eastern @ Bluffton features 2 teams that were beaten by Carroll and AC and with the highly anticipated Regional rematch between Carroll and AC next week and with them having no common opponents I think this game could be the only tell leading up to that all important Regional Final next week in Flora(Carroll)! Winner has the fast track to Lucas Oil.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trojan67 said:

What's the take on North Vermillion? @Donnie Baker didnt you have to hide a boat down around there? 

They’re very well coached and disciplined but I don’t think they can slow Park Tudors down any. Fountain Centrals scored 42 points and had over 500 yards of offense against them and got hammered by PT. They might move the ball a little better but it won’t be enough. I’m still selling my boat, I swear to God I am