Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider @ Mishawaka 2023

Surprised I haven't seen this topic yet. Should be another classic after last year's matchup. Was wondering if anyone from the Mishawaka area or conference could give the NEI guys some insight on this year's Cavemen team. Seems like they have more ability to throw the ball, although I know that is not what they want to do. How many returning starters from last year do the Cavemen have?

My prediction: Panthers by 3

1 hour ago, NEI_Homer said:

Surprised I haven't seen this topic yet. Should be another classic after last year's matchup. Was wondering if anyone from the Mishawaka area or conference could give the NEI guys some insight on this year's Cavemen team. Seems like they have more ability to throw the ball, although I know that is not what they want to do. How many returning starters from last year do the Cavemen have?

My prediction: Panthers by 3

Mishawaka hangs around early , but Snider can score in bunches. Think Snider pulls away in the second half and wins by 21-28. 

The Mishawaka fullback is a stud. They will try to control the clock and grind it out. I think there are too many athletes at Snider for Mishawaka to handle, but I thought the same about Carroll and Warsaw. Gap and assignment responsibility will be huge for Snider. Give me Snider by 14-21 points.

1 hour ago, BSUKingsmen said:

The Mishawaka fullback is a stud. They will try to control the clock and grind it out. I think there are too many athletes at Snider for Mishawaka to handle, but I thought the same about Carroll and Warsaw. Gap and assignment responsibility will be huge for Snider. Give me Snider by 14-21 points.

Is the fullback this year as good as #44 last year? That guy seemed like he had grown man strength. Think it would have ended differently last year if he doesn't get hurt. 

Snider is good, everyone knows that. If it weren't for the generosity of the coaching staff, they may have been up 63-0 at halftime over North Side. But................it would be a MASSIVE mistake to underestimate this Mishawaka team. They're not North Side. 

11 minutes ago, BTF said:

Snider is good, everyone knows that. If it weren't for the generosity of the coaching staff, they may have been up 63-0 at halftime over North Side. But................it would be a MASSIVE mistake to underestimate this Mishawaka team. They're not North Side. 

You honestly believe that they would underestimate Mishawaka after how the first half played out last year?

Just now, NEI_Homer said:

You honestly believe that they would underestimate Mishawaka after how the first half played out last year?

No, I don't. I just think Mishawaka is better than what they are being given credit for. A good team like that plays motivated when everyone says they're going to get blown out. Stay tuned. 

1 hour ago, NEI_Homer said:

Is the fullback this year as good as #44 last year? That guy seemed like he had grown man strength. Think it would have ended differently last year if he doesn't get hurt. 

He is probably pretty close.  #2 Miller is this year's workhorse. The QB #12 is solid as well.

3 hours ago, BTF said:

No, I don't. I just think Mishawaka is better than what they are being given credit for. A good team like that plays motivated when everyone says they're going to get blown out. Stay tuned. 

I don't think everyone is saying they will get blown out. 

Snider 35 - Mishawaka 14 - BTF is way off base here. Mishawaka is a good team, they present some problems to the Panthers offensively. Defensively, they aren’t stopping Snider much, just like last year. It comes down to turnovers for Snider. If they hold onto the ball, they win fairly easily, but if they put the ball on the turf, all bets are off.

Nobody was saying Mishawaka was North Side. If memory serves me correctly, you said North Side was going to give Snider a game. Anyone being honest knew that wasn’t going to be the case. I know sandbagging is art form, but damn, be somewhat real about it 

17 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Snider 35 - Mishawaka 14 - BTF is way off base here. Mishawaka is a good team, they present some problems to the Panthers offensively. Defensively, they aren’t stopping Snider much, just like last year. It comes down to turnovers for Snider. If they hold onto the ball, they win fairly easily, but if they put the ball on the turf, all bets are off.

Nobody was saying Mishawaka was North Side. If memory serves me correctly, you said North Side was going to give Snider a game. Anyone being honest knew that wasn’t going to be the case. I know sandbagging is art form, but damn, be somewhat real about it 

This is exactly the type of score I am expecting. If Snider can limit turnovers and penalties, they will pull away in the second half . 

27 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

If Snider played Homestead again, they'd win by 21-28 points. Anything can happen on any given night. Damn, look at the Carroll/Warsaw game. This week Snider's playing a team that utterly dominated them for two quarters last year and some say this Caveman team is better. Snider better put their best foot forward is all I'm saying. I don't think this is going to be the 21 point game some are saying it will be. I'll be the first to eat crow if it is. 

Ok. Mishawka is prone to hurting themselves. If they get down by more than a couple scores they have tendencies to turn the ball over.

A lot of you have consistently had Snider above Penn in your top 25 posts...Penn controlled Mishawaka, outside the first drive. 

I think Mishawaka (if they go on offense first) strikes first and makes you think, well this is going to be a long night....trust your system and players and Snider should come out on top. 

I think Snider wins 24-14

2 hours ago, BTF said:

If Snider played Homestead again, they'd win by 21-28 points. Anything can happen on any given night. Damn, look at the Carroll/Warsaw game. This week Snider's playing a team that utterly dominated them for two quarters last year and some say this Caveman team is better. Snider better put their best foot forward is all I'm saying. I don't think this is going to be the 21 point game some are saying it will be. I'll be the first to eat crow if it is. 

This Mishawaka team is not better than last years.

5 minutes ago, BSUKingsmen said:

This Mishawaka team is not better than last years.

Thought someone from your area stated that they were, that's really all I'm going off of. I hear they are a little less one dimensional on offense this year, so maybe being better is a presumption. 

Look. I think Mishawaka is a good football team, but I believe Snider is better. Does that mean Snider will win? No. That’s why they play the games. Nothing any of us say is going to say will dictate who wins this game. My thought on this game is Mishawaka will move the ball offensively to score some points, but I just don’t see them stopping the Snider offense. The key will be if Snider turns the ball over. Multiple turnovers will even out this game and make it a tossup if Snider puts the ball on the turf, otherwise Snider wins this game by double digits