Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

State Final Ticket Fees

I don't know how many people have looked at buying tickets to the Finals on Friday and Saturday, but these fees are outrageous.

3 tickets priced at $15 a piece, after fees, are $67.40!!!  I understand processing fees and convenience fees, but $5.60 per ticket, plus the same price for a processing fee is just obscene.  I hope the IHSAA has a better way to handle this.

5 minutes ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

I don't know how many people have looked at buying tickets to the Finals on Friday and Saturday, but these fees are outrageous.

3 tickets priced at $15 a piece, after fees, are $67.40!!!  I understand processing fees and convenience fees, but $5.60 per ticket, plus the same price for a processing fee is just obscene.  I hope the IHSAA has a better way to handle this.

I guess you could always stand in line beforehand. Get in line 45 minutes before kickoff though. Otherwise you might miss the kickoff. 

17 minutes ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

Unreal.

Every school is now using Digital Ticket services (like Eventlink) who add on a reasonable fee, usually less than $1 per ticket. But then Ticketmaster steps in for the State Finals-- maybe Ticketmaster is forced upon them by Lucas Oil Stadium.

image.png.20d21cd9c123398ecc761ebf44ae2081.png

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

my preferred method of entry is to go somewhere and get a drink or ten for the first quarter of the first game, then go gain entry with less of a line 

Then proceed to enjoy the next three quarters of the 1A game?

Just now, Rodney said:

ha you thought

if it's the 1a game I march directly back out the door to go continue preparing mentally for the 3a game.

2a game I stay and watch

C'mon Rodney. Even you can appreciate Adams Central vs Lutheran. 

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

C'mon Rodney. Even you can appreciate Adams Central vs Lutheran. 

The first time one of em shows up to LOS with a big win over a decent 4a+ school on their resume,

I'll make the game

you have my word.

or hell even a win against someone smaller who has those credentials covered

Edited by Rodney

21 hours ago, Daniel_Bragg said:

That doesn't even include the parking.

On 11/19/2023 at 6:23 PM, Rodney said:

The first time one of em shows up to LOS with a big win over a decent 4a+ school on their resume,

I'll make the game

you have my word.

or hell even a win against someone smaller who has those credentials covered

Good chance Lutheran and AC would be the 2A State Title game as well this year.

On 11/20/2023 at 1:57 PM, qbcoach13 said:

I don't think it matters. I think they charge a fee either way. 

The exact wording on the IHSAA site is "Digital tickets may also be purchased in person at the Lucas Oil Stadium Box Office (without service fees) during business hours (credit card or cash purchases only)."  I assume "business hours" includes game day?

On 11/19/2023 at 4:47 PM, Komets2727 said:

IHSAA = Idiotic Hideous Stupid Asinine  Association 

On 11/19/2023 at 4:15 PM, Daniel_Bragg said:

Just to clarify. The IHSAA (all though plenty of idiotic decisions) has nothing to do with the cost of ticket fees. The ticket fees are handled by Ticketmaster. Because the games are being played at Lucas Oil Stadium any tickets not bought at the stadium have to go through Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster has the market cornered on ticket sales and since they have arms twisted by using only them, they make sure to "sweep the leg" while they are at it. They also have Gainbridge Fieldhouse and do the same thing. Doesn't matter what event Ticketmaster will "sweep the leg" with processing and convenience fees.

karate-kid-sweep.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Just to clarify. The IHSAA (all though plenty of idiotic decisions) has nothing to do with the cost of ticket fees. The ticket fees are handled by Ticketmaster. Because the games are being played at Lucas Oil Stadium any tickets not bought at the stadium have to go through Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster has the market cornered on ticket sales and since they have arms twisted by using only them, they make sure to "sweep the leg" while they are at it. They also have Gainbridge Fieldhouse and do the same thing. Doesn't matter what event Ticketmaster will "sweep the leg" with processing and convenience fees.

karate-kid-sweep.gif

On principle alone

On 11/22/2023 at 5:23 AM, FastpacedO said:

karate-kid-sweep.gif

Ticketmaster is evil charging almost as much in total fees as the actual ticket cost. But this is their MO, has been for some time. Try going to a concert and see how much you'll pay in fees. They have that market cornered. Years back there was a class action lawsuit against Ticketmaster. I don't recall the reason, but they lost and were made to give anyone that purchased tickets through them going back into the '90 access to free or discounted shows. I went to a couple, of course not prine seats, but were free.  Also, most of the ones on the list when it came out were concerts that many were not interested in seeing. Now, with the Taylor Swift and Drake ticket debacles, there are two more class action lawsuits against them. Obviously they don't give a rats behind.