Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Mr. Football 2023

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

Does Mr. Football normally go to best player or best stats?

Sometimes that is the same person. But, not always. 

There is a pretty good post in another thread about what they are looking for. From what I gathered, the winner of the award is selected from the group of Mr. Football position winners. So, this young man would need to win his position to even be considered Mr. Football overall. 

22 minutes ago, temptation said:

Even though I don't have time currently to do the homework it sometimes seems it goes to the skill player with the best offer list.

So Mylan Graham then. Not even close going by that measurement. Of course, I'm sure there's been linemen who've had the most impressive rating and offer list who've been passed over in the past. 

I think it's hard to ignore what Fabio Ringer has done. His stats are off the charts. I wanna say 2700 yards rushing, 50+ touchdowns, and over 10 yards per carry. Two straight championships. And a not too shabby three star rating on 247. I could role with him being Mr. Football. 

Edited by BTF

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

So Mylan Graham then. Not even close going by that measurement. Of course, I'm sure there's been linemen who've had the most impressive rating and offer list who've been passed over in the past. 

I think it's hard to ignore what Fabio Ringer has done. His stats are off the charts. I wanna say 2700 yards rushing, 50+ touchdowns, and over 10 yards per carry. Two straight championships. And a not too shabby three star rating on 247. I could role with him being Mr. Football. 

Look at Basketball last year, Burton wasn't the biggest played, didn't have all the big time offers. But, his stats were undeniable. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Yep.  I think this is a run away similar to when Charlie Spegal won it.

Agreed. I thought early in the year it would be a duke it out between Ringer (East Central) and Sherrell (Brownsburg). Brownsburg had an early exit out of the tournament to Ben Davis and East Central kept on winning. Ringer's performance at Lucas Oil was just the icing on the cake.

7 hours ago, temptation said:

And there will once again be outrage amongst 6A slappies.

No outrageat all....young man from EC heck of a year.  But the homer in me goes for Tyler Cherry, CG QB.  One of the nation's top prospects.

https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/player/football/2024/?position=qb

34 TD's, 6 picks and a 133.7 QB rating against a very tough regional schedule.  (Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee schools)

https://www.maxpreps.com/in/greenwood/center-grove-trojans/athletes/tyler-cherry/football/stats/?careerid=lf1091ae7k6p9

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trojanmp52 said:

I lost all respect for the people that pick the award the year Russ Yeast did not get it he was the best player in the state by far. But the winner was some one that never even won anything.

I’m the same when bell or karaliftis didn’t win, it’s a joke 

11 hours ago, temptation said:

Even though I don't have time currently to do the homework it sometimes seems it goes to the skill player with the best offer list.

Carson Steele had offers from Ball State and Indiana State plus a few directional schools.  Spegal was a walk-on though I think he had some smaller school offers.  Just off the top of my head.

12 hours ago, BTF said:

Does Mr. Football normally go to best player or best stats?

Skill player with the most hype.

4 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

I lost all respect for the people that pick the award the year Russ Yeast did not get it he was the best player in the state by far. But the winner was some one that never even won anything.

Your point is 100% valid even though you got the classic passive aggressive laugh from the usual suspect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grover said:

Skill player with the most hype.

Agreed.  Almost always.

That said, I’m all in for Ringer….have been since watching his State Championship game last year.  He certainly hasn’t disappointed.

Edited by Lysander

6 hours ago, Grover said:

Your point is 100% valid even though you got the classic passive aggressive laugh from the usual suspect.

Because you guys are so predictable.  Your responses were right on queue.

I believe your colleague called it “fishing with dynamite” in another thread.

Its just so easy.

Edited by temptation

14 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

No outrageat all....young man from EC heck of a year.  But the homer in me goes for Tyler Cherry, CG QB.  One of the nation's top prospects.

https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/player/football/2024/?position=qb

34 TD's, 6 picks and a 133.7 QB rating against a very tough regional schedule.  (Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee schools)

https://www.maxpreps.com/in/greenwood/center-grove-trojans/athletes/tyler-cherry/football/stats/?careerid=lf1091ae7k6p9

Danny O'Neil and Tyler Cherry had great years at QB against tough competition. Had either one of them made it to the State Championship game I think they would have been in the fight for Mr. Football (as would have Sherrell from Brownsburg at RB).

Tough to pick against Josh Ringer since making it to State Championship game and performing well in it. His numbers were definitely very good and that was with 3 other RB's taking 30-70 carries.

Josh Ringer RB East Central:

Passing - 1 Comp / 2 Att / 28 yds / 0 TD / 0 Int

Receiving - 13 Catches / 278 yds / 5 TD

Rushing - 279 Rushes / 2,880 yds. / 55 TD

12 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

From that class of Mr. Football candidates Russ Yeast for Rams (Center Grove) and Pete Werner for Saints (Cathedral) are the only 2 really doing anything in the NFL. Mac Hippenhammer went to Bengals as an undrafted free agent but I don't think he is with them anymore.

Russ Yeast DB (Rams) 26 Games / 10 Starts / 42 Tackles (35 Solo) / 2 PDef

Pete Werner LB (Saints) 38 Games / 30 Starts / 135 Tackles (121 Solo) / 0.5 Sack / 4 PDef / 1 Int