Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Mr. Football 2023

19 hours ago, ragdoll said:

If you want to see Elliott, can see on ESPN tonight at Idaho in FCS playoffs.

Speaking of Ro Elliott, he rushed for 91 yds on 17 carries and 2 TD’s and a couple catches out of the backfield for Southern Illinois in a tough 20-17 OT FCS playoff loss against Idaho. I believe his final collegiate game. 

On 12/1/2023 at 4:20 PM, temptation said:

Damn.  Kid could have had 75-80 touchdowns…

Oh absolutely.. If the EC staff wanted to they could have padded Josh's stats.. They used the 2nd half of must games to get young kids in.. Josh averaged 1 rushing touchdown per every 5 rushing attempts. 

55 minutes ago, Trojan12 said:

Oh absolutely.. If the EC staff wanted to they could have padded Josh's stats.. They used the 2nd half of must games to get young kids in.. Josh averaged 1 rushing touchdown per every 5 rushing attempts. 

Which is why they will be good again next year...

1 hour ago, Trojan12 said:

I’m curious if anyone has a breakdown of his TD by half. I bet he had 45-50 in the first half. Like you said, they typically had starters pulled midway through Q3. The only game I remember with starters in the 4th qtr was Moeller.

Here is the list of Mr. Football position winners, just released earlier this morning:

WIDE RECEIVER

Donovan Hamilton, Hamilton Southeastern

TIGHT END

Aidan Steinfeldt, Bloomington North

OFFENSIVE LINE

Ian Moore, New Palestine

QUARTERBACK

Tyler Cherry, Center Grove

RUNNING BACK

Josh Ringer, East Central

KICKER

Spencer Porath, Brownsburg

DEFENSIVE LINE

William Goodvine, Westfield

LINEBACKER

Will Clark, Crown Point

DEFENSIVE BACK

Jo’Ziah Edmond, NorthWood

PUNTER

Quinn Warren, Brebeuf Jesuit

2 hours ago, Boiler Boog said:

I’m curious if anyone has a breakdown of his TD by half. I bet he had 45-50 in the first half. Like you said, they typically had starters pulled midway through Q3. The only game I remember with starters in the 4th qtr was Moeller.

Combined rushing/receiving: 1st half- 49, 3rd quarter- 7, 4th quarter- 4.. Total of 60

3 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Here is the list of Mr. Football position winners, just released earlier this morning:

WIDE RECEIVER

Donovan Hamilton, Hamilton Southeastern

TIGHT END

Aidan Steinfeldt, Bloomington North

OFFENSIVE LINE

Ian Moore, New Palestine

QUARTERBACK

Tyler Cherry, Center Grove

RUNNING BACK

Josh Ringer, East Central

KICKER

Spencer Porath, Brownsburg

DEFENSIVE LINE

William Goodvine, Westfield

LINEBACKER

Will Clark, Crown Point

DEFENSIVE BACK

Jo’Ziah Edmond, NorthWood

PUNTER

Quinn Warren, Brebeuf Jesuit

Wow isn’t there someone from NE Indiana going to the premier wide receiver destination the Ohio state university? And he didn’t win position award for MR football? Who votes for this?

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

Wow isn’t there someone from NE Indiana going to the premier wide receiver destination the Ohio state university? And he didn’t win position award for MR football? Who votes for this?

Same guy whose team got shut out in the first round of a 4A sectional?

Edited by temptation
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

Didn’t know team success had any correlation to this award as they named individuals. Looking more into this guy is 5 star on 247 which is unheard for Indiana. 

generally speaking if your team gets shutout maybe you weren't the best receiver in the state

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Didn’t know team success had any correlation to this award as they named individuals. Looking more into this guy is 5 star on 247 which is unheard for Indiana. 

M. Graham WR 6'1" 180 lbs - 39 Rec. 566 yds. 6 TD. He was listed as only playing 7 games and did not lead his team in catches, yards, or TD's. There are a few of the other WR's I feel people could be upset about not getting the WR position award and Graham is not one of them. Now if you were to say Tuggle, Coy, or Hall you might have a case.

6 hours ago, Rodney said:

generally speaking if your team gets shutout maybe you weren't the best receiver in the state

Or if you only have 6 TD's on the year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

M. Graham WR 6'1" 180 lbs - 39 Rec. 566 yds. 6 TD. He was listed as only playing 7 games and did not lead his team in catches, yards, or TD's. There are a few of the other WR's I feel people could be upset about not getting the WR position award and Graham is not one of them. Now if you were to say Tuggle, Coy, or Hall you might have a case.

Or if you only have 6 TD's on the year.

Sorry was unaware he missed games this year now it makes sense 

On 12/3/2023 at 7:43 AM, Bash Riprock said:

Speaking of Ro Elliott, he rushed for 91 yds on 17 carries and 2 TD’s and a couple catches out of the backfield for Southern Illinois in a tough 20-17 OT FCS playoff loss against Idaho. I believe his final collegiate game. 

Should have won that one. Does he not have another yr if he wants it due to Covid?

17 minutes ago, ragdoll said:

Should have won that one. Does he not have another yr if he wants it due to Covid?

He may very well have another year....I was trying to add up where he was out of high school with Covid and you may be absolutely correct.  My bad if off....