• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired
Sign in to follow this  
Coach Nowlin

1a Sectionals

Not according to our stat guy(s) I can go back and review the film if necessary.  Send me a copy via Hudl Coach and I will be happy to count them up and make a correction.  Our film footage is limited by the window we have to film from at NV. 

Edited by Coach Nolting
  • Upvote 1

Not according to our stat guy(s) I can go back and review the film if necessary.  Send me a copy via Hudl Coach and I will be happy to count them up and make a correction.  Our film footage is limited by the window we have to film from at NV. 

Will do.  The number of yards seemed out of whack to me, so I pulled the game up and did a play by play running total, and that's what I came up with.  Again, not a knock on VanSchoyck, he's outstanding.  

I dont do our stats... I have guys that enter them.  I go through on saturday and caluclate them.  I wasnt able to do either NV game because the window we filmed caused the film to be poor quality...I had to trust my guys that week. 

I just got the Hudl exchange from you , I will watch the film today and post my findings and correct any errors ... 

Edited by Coach Nolting

30 carries 117 yards   - That is what I got after watching your trade.  Looks to me that it was entered in correctly by our stats guy. 

I assume that the the 1 and 7 where entered incorrectly.  I will make the changes in Varvee and to our book as well.  I apologize for posting inaccurate information. 

FC is the favorite in the WRC IMOP. They have a good solid line returning and good QB and some good HB's as well. Courious to see how FC is without Duane.  NV lost some good players on the line and a couple of key players at WR and HB. NV returns a great QB in Brayden Woodard and some really solid underclassmen. Attica could be a threat as well a young team this year so returning a lot of really good players. Rockville seems to always be in the mix. The o-line really hurt the rox last season, need to improve there or could be a long year. The rox return a lot of speed at the WR,HB and TE positions TE is about 6'4-6'5. The rox also return their starting QB as well Keiontre Wilkey is small but reall fast and has good field vision. Not sure about the rest of the WRC. The sectional could be up between 2-4 teams FC NV Attica and Rockville. I don't put a lot of stock in NCF the kid who ran for 500 yards was against RP 0-10 last year I think they played NV the next week and he didn't even get close to 100 yards. Duane, Zummwalt, Woodard, Davis and Wilkey could have all rushed for more than 500 yards against TR or RP last year.

FC will be just fine without Michael. Of course he'll be missed but others are ready to step up.

Thanx, Sheriff!!! We really do appreciate your shout-out!!! We have nothing but respect for you guys,too! I really thought we shoulda been in the Dome playin' you guys back in the day...but Knightstown had different plans! Darn guys!!! HAHA! AS far as Sectional 46(formerly39).....West Washington is the reigning Champion...but have lost some really good players....(Thompson was an All-State player..600yds rec./400yds rush/ leading scorer/9INT's.....plus losing 5 or 6 other very important Senior ..including 3 linemen).....BUT..the cupboard is not bare...we return our JR. QB. Maudlin(1,555 yds; 20TD/11int)...SR. RB Dunn (950yds/12tds).....Sr. Rec. Holliday(40rec./400yds/7tds)....only return 1 OL... was our MostVal. OL Brennan(5'10/220)....but have high hopes for our "3 Amigos" coming up from JV...(JR.'s 5'10/240, 6'2/280, 6'3/270).....On Defense we return 6 starters from one of our best defenses in the last 20 yrs.(that's how long I've been coaching here...wow..I'm ancient...haha)....Have been calling the 'D' for last 16 yrs...and have kinda been a 43 or (hybrid)52....kinda throw athletes out there and let them make plays.....2yr. starters Hash(5'11/200) and Brennan(5'10/220) return up front.....2yr. starter Keller(5'10/170) returns as one LB(broke single season tackle record with 175)....return 3 DB's....2yr. starters Smith(6'2/ 170 safety...5INT's) and Holliday(5'10/160 cb ..3INT)...and other cb JR. Woods(6'1/170)....return a 2yr. starting Kicker, (jr) Grimes was 30/36 on PAT's(2/5 FG's..30yd long) and averaged 48 yds a KO....top 2 kick returners ar back(keller avg. 30yds a KOR/1TD..Holliday avg. 28 yds......Holliday also avg. 10yds/punt ret.).......OK..enuff rambling..sorry...we here in Senator Land are excited for 2013!!! I always get a little fired up as the end of school nears...means its almost time to really get after it!!! Hope you ALL have a great Summer...stay healthy!!!!! Good Luck to everyone in'13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sectional picks:

Section 41: Winamac

Sectional 42: Pioneer

Sectional 43: Adam Central

Sectional 44: Tri Central

Section 45: Eastern Hancock

Sectional 46: South Putnam

Sectional 47: Fountain Central

Sectional 48: Perry Central

• Upvote 1

FBFAN....do you have a good idea as to what South Putnam has coming back...We know they are a great program and I know they have a really good young RB returning...any other info?.......Sect. 48 could be a Meat-Grinder.....How are the teams in Sect. 45?

FBFAN....do you have a good idea as to what South Putnam has coming back...We know they are a great program and I know they have a really good young RB returning...any other info?.......Sect. 48 could be a Meat-Grinder.....How are the teams in Sect. 45?

Sect. 46: SP returns a great running back 1,400+ yards and a QB that continues to improve. Tradition!  SP is a football community with several 1A banners and now that they are back in1A ready to make some noise.  If Coach Burgess and balance his offense,  the community of SP could be cheering deep into the playoffs. However, West Washington might have another plan.  Good luck to all!

Sect48: Perry is my pre-season pick, but the MINERS or Tecumseh will add a little spice to Sect.48

Sect. 45: Based on past results and the loss of Sicena Sect. 45 might be the weakest sectional in 1A.  EH is the preseason favorite just because they are returning runner-ups.  Hagerstown and Northeastern will be looking to settle the score from last year's upsets.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS AND PLAYERS!

• Upvote 1

what a dilemna I have now... it just occured to me that my webpage.. the whole Southwest 7/ Sectional 40 thing... completely will have to be redone.  Southwest 7 went to SW6 then to 5 teams and a new name.  That wipes out the majority of graphics... and with Sectional 40 now...48.. that wipes out the other stuff....  I don't know that it's worth all that work.... I hate to not keep continuity with the stats and having them for future reference... .. but it's getting harder to get them each year.  With newspapers being pay sites more and more, I can't get info that way....and that makes for relying on coaching staffs...and I'm the last thing they really want to have to mess  with!!   Plus it costs money to do the site...I don't even know if there will be an SID for the newest rendition of the SW Indiana conf... and that's offset the cost of paying for the host and domain.  oh hell...I'll have to change that too.  Maybe it's time to stop the madness lol. 

what a dilemna I have now... it just occured to me that my webpage.. the whole Southwest 7/ Sectional 40 thing... completely will have to be redone.  Southwest 7 went to SW6 then to 5 teams and a new name.  That wipes out the majority of graphics... and with Sectional 40 now...48.. that wipes out the other stuff....  I don't know that it's worth all that work.... I hate to not keep continuity with the stats and having them for future reference... .. but it's getting harder to get them each year.  With newspapers being pay sites more and more, I can't get info that way....and that makes for relying on coaching staffs...and I'm the last thing they really want to have to mess  with!!   Plus it costs money to do the site...I don't even know if there will be an SID for the newest rendition of the SW Indiana conf... and that's offset the cost of paying for the host and domain.  oh hell...I'll have to change that too.  Maybe it's time to stop the madness lol. 

I'm pretty sure the teams down there are thankful for your work.They'd be unwise not to help you because you promote several teams not just Linton.The fans in this area also enjoy your stats and posts so hopefully you can keep it going.

Agree 100% with FCfan81.....we love reading your posts!!! Hope you are able to keep everyone informed with at least your posts ..if not the site!

I think Dan does a fantastic job...He goes above and beyond when in come to promoting our area. 

Well Dan just know that whatever you decide I am sure we all (at least I will) understand why you wouldn't decide to continue with the site. However, I will also say that I will do whatever I can on my end to make it easier on you if you decide to keep the site going. Just know that the Wood Memorial faithful truly appreciate the work you have done and hope that you can find a way and the money to keep it going! I know that the coaches/ADs at the last conference meeting agreed to make the necessary changes for the payment from our conference to make up for the two teams that left. Regardless, thanks again Dan!

Coach Paridaen

Wood Memorial

GID used to host WIKI sites here on our server, could be an option for you.   Contact DK 

Looks like there are going to be some REALLY competitive Sectionals!! With the Summer Session getting started...time to start fishing for info...HAHA! Does anyone have info on how the 11on11 THUD scrimmages work on June 22 at the Colt's practice facility???(For the Officials) This is our first time ever doing an 11on11 in Summer.....was just wondering how they do it??? Think we are facing Sheridan....they still running same stuff as 2011? I know when we played up there that year...they had a couple studs on their JV.....Hope everyone has a GREAT SUMMER!!!!!!

Thanx, Sheriff!!! We really do appreciate your shout-out!!! We have nothing but respect for you guys,too! I really thought we shoulda been in the Dome playin' you guys back in the day...but Knightstown had different plans! Darn guys!!! HAHA! AS far as Sectional 46(formerly39).....West Washington is the reigning Champion...but have lost some really good players....(Thompson was an All-State player..600yds rec./400yds rush/ leading scorer/9INT's.....plus losing 5 or 6 other very important Senior ..including 3 linemen).....BUT..the cupboard is not bare...we return our JR. QB. Maudlin(1,555 yds; 20TD/11int)...SR. RB Dunn (950yds/12tds).....Sr. Rec. Holliday(40rec./400yds/7tds)....only return 1 OL... was our MostVal. OL Brennan(5'10/220)....but have high hopes for our "3 Amigos" coming up from JV...(JR.'s 5'10/240, 6'2/280, 6'3/270).....On Defense we return 6 starters from one of our best defenses in the last 20 yrs.(that's how long I've been coaching here...wow..I'm ancient...haha)....Have been calling the 'D' for last 16 yrs...and have kinda been a 43 or (hybrid)52....kinda throw athletes out there and let them make plays.....2yr. starters Hash(5'11/200) and Brennan(5'10/220) return up front.....2yr. starter Keller(5'10/170) returns as one LB(broke single season tackle record with 175)....return 3 DB's....2yr. starters Smith(6'2/ 170 safety...5INT's) and Holliday(5'10/160 cb ..3INT)...and other cb JR. Woods(6'1/170)....return a 2yr. starting Kicker, (jr) Grimes was 30/36 on PAT's(2/5 FG's..30yd long) and averaged 48 yds a KO....top 2 kick returners ar back(keller avg. 30yds a KOR/1TD..Holliday avg. 28 yds......Holliday also avg. 10yds/punt ret.).......OK..enuff rambling..sorry...we here in Senator Land are excited for 2013!!! I always get a little fired up as the end of school nears...means its almost time to really get after it!!! Hope you ALL have a great Summer...stay healthy!!!!! Good Luck to everyone in'13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! Good luck next season.

Sectional picks:

Sectional 44: Tri Central

Tell me the last time Gilbert beat Wright in a Sectional game.

Well Dan just know that whatever you decide I am sure we all (at least I will) understand why you wouldn't decide to continue with the site. However, I will also say that I will do whatever I can on my end to make it easier on you if you decide to keep the site going. Just know that the Wood Memorial faithful truly appreciate the work you have done and hope that you can find a way and the money to keep it going! I know that the coaches/ADs at the last conference meeting agreed to make the necessary changes for the payment from our conference to make up for the two teams that left. Regardless, thanks again Dan!

Coach Paridaen

Wood Memorial

excited about our game at ISU...fun place to play!

We were up at the Officials 11on11 clinic @ the Colts' Facilities last weekend...ya may wanna keep an eye on Indy Howe...I really liked what I saw of them...coming down from 3A(I think)...they could make some noise! Wanna wish everybody a safe off-week and Happy 4th!!! GO AMERICA!!!!!

We were up at the Officials 11on11 clinic @ the Colts' Facilities last weekend...ya may wanna keep an eye on Indy Howe...I really liked what I saw of them...coming down from 3A(I think)...they could make some noise! Wanna wish everybody a safe off-week and Happy 4th!!! GO AMERICA!!!!!

I think you might be on to something with Indy Howe.  That drop from 3A to 1A in a single reclassification puts them in a unique position.  The questions will be 1) how much depth did they lose as the overall size of the school shifted ... did it equally affect the football team ... and 2) can they survive their schedule to be effective in post-season play?  Maxpreps is showing Howe with a schedule that still appears to mimic what they were doing when they were 3A.  I don't know if that's changed or not.  If it holds true, then you've got a team with a recent 3A mentality, playing a 3A/4A season schedule.  If they are healthy come the tournament time and they didn't see a massive drop-off in the makeup of their football team, they are going to be challenge for most in 1A.

South Adams started 9 sophs and a frosh last year. It was a 2-8 season but those kids have Friday Night experience. Doesn't hurt with a different sectional, and a new head coach.

Edited by SAStar