Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Carroll (Fort Wayne)

Carroll's the real deal again this year and have another shot at Lucas Oil. Why? Because defense wins championships........ and having a D1 Power Five recruit at QB doesn't hurt. Not many gave them a chance to beat Snider in a game that could have gone either way. Let's recap what this defense has done this year. 

Held HSE to 14 points

Held Warren Central to 14 points

Held Snider to 13 points

No matter how you slice it, that's pretty impressive. I'm not dubbing them the favorite to come out of the North, but they'll take on all comers and give them a run for their money. 

4 minutes ago, hick said:

Huh? Gave up 28 to HSE & 27 to Snider. 

I was referring to what the defense actually gave up, not what the team as a whole gave up. Carroll gave up 4 pick-6's to HSE and Snider (two each.) 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Carroll's the real deal again this year and have another shot at Lucas Oil. Why? Because defense wins championships........ and having a D1 Power Five recruit at QB doesn't hurt. Not many gave them a chance to beat Snider in a game that could have gone either way. Let's recap what this defense has done this year. 

Held HSE to 14 points

Held Warren Central to 14 points

Held Snider to 13 points

No matter how you slice it, that's pretty impressive. I'm not dubbing them the favorite to come out of the North, but they'll take on all comers and give them a run for their money. 

Well, let’s not pile on about how great their QB is when he has thrown 4 pick 6’s on the year. That is alot!!! You can’t always blame that on the QB, but his 2 picks tonight are on him for sure and it cost his team the game. Yes, their defense is good, but Buchanan ran for 6 yards a pop and they gave up a 60 yard TD run as well. I agree, Carroll has a shot to get to state, but I could also see them losing in regionals as well

Cp. Has a qb they have a running back ,a receiver who is going to Toledo. Online is not great . Defense is nothing like last year  way better! Senior strong!  It to mention Jeff game was not a push over!  Carrol is not what they were last year! Going to be interesting in the north! Snider is athletically better than any one in 5a

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

Well, let’s not pile on about how great their QB is when he has thrown 4 pick 6’s on the year. That is alot!!! You can’t always blame that on the QB, but his 2 picks tonight are on him for sure and it cost his team the game. Yes, their defense is good, but Buchanan ran for 6 yards a pop and they gave up a 60 yard TD run as well. I agree, Carroll has a shot to get to state, but I could also see them losing in regionals as well

He’s pretty darn good.  Just trying to make plays.  He will learn.  I think you’d find out how good he is if he wasn’t there.  He is efficient and makes ALOT of great throws.  

Edited by OldschoolFB
Shouldn’t have insulted

7 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

He’s pretty darn good.  Just trying to make plays.  He will learn.  I think you’d find out how good he is if he wasn’t there.  He is efficient and makes ALOT of great throws.  

Yes he is good, but he tried to do too much last night. D1 recruits are always really good

9 hours ago, Boilerup said:

Cp. Has a qb they have a running back ,a receiver who is going to Toledo. Online is not great . Defense is nothing like last year  way better! Senior strong!  It to mention Jeff game was not a push over!  Carrol is not what they were last year! Going to be interesting in the north! Snider is athletically better than any one in 5a

I love the DAC. I played in the DAC. Crown Point needs to worry about winning Sectional 1 first. Then they will be playing teams much similiar to them (size on lines, good QB play, talent at skill positions, quality coaching staff) in Regionals. I would like to see Buzea make another un at a Title, but I don't think the DAC and their OOC scheduling will have them prepared for what they would see from Penn or Carroll in Regionals. And then throw in the Hamilton County schools in a potential Semi-State game. Not saying Crown Point can't do it, but it's going to be a big up hill climb in which they won't have the same advantages they have against their DAC counterparts. 

Edited by Boilernation

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

Yes he is good, but he tried to do too much last night. D1 recruits are always really good

I couldn't figure out if he was forced to do too much by the Snider DL or if he was abondoning the pocket too soon. It was already midnight by the time I watched this one and I was tired. Snider's DL manhandled the Carroll OL all night on pass rushing. All of the scrambling and trying to make a play can't be sustained for 48 minutes. And you absolutely can't throw 2 pick sixes (to the same freaking player!!!) within the final minute of the first half. The fact that Carroll came back from that and nearly won the game shows how good they and their QB are. 

Regarding the original premise of the post, Carroll had a solid showing against HSE after a very sluggish start to the game and they took care of Warren Central the following week. Didn't we already know they can take on all comers in the 6A North?

Edited by Boilernation

3 hours ago, Boilernation said:

I love the DAC. I played in the DAC. Crown Point needs to worry about winning Sectional 1 first. Then they will be playing teams much similiar to them (size on lines, good QB play, talent at skill positions, quality coaching staff) in Regionals. I would like to see Buzea make another un at a Title, but I don't think the DAC and their OOC scheduling will have them prepared for what they would see from Penn or Carroll in Regionals. And then throw in the Hamilton County schools in a potential Semi-State game. Not saying Crown Point can't do it, but it's going to be a big up hill climb in which they won't have the same advantages they have against their DAC counterparts. 

Agree 100%. I’ve seen CP play Portage and LC this year and they pretty much just won because the other teams have less depth on the lines and bad offenses. Unless CP blows out Valpo next week, I think they’re a definite pretender in 6A North. It’s very realistic that they get to Regionals having played only one good team the entire year, and I don’t know how you can say that sort of scheduling prepares you for deep playoff runs. The DAC is down this year and there’s nothing you can do about that, but that’s why you have to bolster the OOC scheduling. 

5 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Didn't we already know they can take on all comers in the 6A North?

It's been said all year that Carroll's weakness this year, mainly FW media, is in the trenches. I saw something different last night. I saw a team that's going to make another strong run at Lucas. 

I like Carroll over Penn, then a very tough game against Crown Point for the right to play HSE/Fishers. 

9 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Can’t argue with that.  I think he may think he has to get rid of it too quickly sometimes(which is also his strength) and DBs are picking up on something.  And many times it’s a tight window and the really good DBs like HSE and Snider can make you pay. 

33 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

Can’t argue with that.  I think he may think he has to get rid of it too quickly sometimes(which is also his strength) and DBs are picking up on something.  And many times it’s a tight window and the really good DBs like HSE and Snider can make you pay. 

The interception at the end of the half was a killer for Carroll. He was literally throwing a 40 yard out pattern that hung in the air forever making it an easy interception and it left no fast players  back to try and stop the return for a TD that was backbreaking.  He isn’t playing South Side or Concordia, he is playing a team that has just as much talent and speed as Carroll has. Got to know better. From here, I will be rooting Carroll on as the kid has a ton of talent and he is capable of leading his team to a state title game. Best of luck!!!