Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PLAC-MSC 2023

On 10/27/2023 at 9:33 PM, Impartial_Observer said:

Not gonna lie Foxxy, got a buddy on the staff at Plainfield go Red Pride. 

Hope he's not too sore after that beating last night. :classic_smile:

Lord, I apologize for that there.

• Haha 1

Our game with Triton Central on Friday was one of the best HS football games I have been to. So well-played, and so well-coached. Starting six sophomores defensively we were worried going against TC's experience and their D1 QB... we battled.   

Long story short.... we led 17-14 with 1:30mins to go in the game and had Triton 3rd and 15. The game was 0-0 until under 5 mins to go in the 3rd.

No regrets, but that game never should have happened in round 2. Hope they can get the sectionals done correctly this go around in the spring. Congrats to Triton, they were really good on Friday, and good luck to them the rest of the way. 

Edited by btownqbcoach1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Our game with Triton Central on Friday was one of the best HS football games I have been to. So well-played, and so well-coached. Starting six sophomores defensively we were worried going against TC's experience and their D1 QB... we battled.   

Long story short.... we led 17-14 with 1:30mins to go in the game and had Triton 3rd and 15. The game was 0-0 until under 5 mins to go in the 3rd.

No regrets, but that game never should have happened in round 2. Hope they can get the sectionals done correctly this go around in the spring. Congrats to Triton, they were really good on Friday, and good luck to them the rest of the way. 

If anyone at the IHSAA ever needed a good example of why sectionals should be seeded this would be a great one.

Just not right for this to have not been the championship game. A successful group of kids worked their tails off and were robbed of one more week of HS football. Instead a team that started the tournament 3-6, who they beat 42-0, has the privilege of playing one more game only because of a lucky draw. 

Meanwhile North Posey (10-1) faces off against Paoli (10-1) in what looks to be a slugfest to advance to regional. A true championship game. One could argue Triton takes an advantage in regional because they get to tune up a little in their final.

Something has to be done. Seeding just makes the most sense.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cloudofdust said:

If anyone at the IHSAA ever needed a good example of why sectionals should be seeded this would be a great one.

Just not right for this to have not been the championship game. A successful group of kids worked their tails off and were robbed of one more week of HS football. Instead a team that started the tournament 3-6, who they beat 42-0, has the privilege of playing one more game only because of a lucky draw. 

Meanwhile North Posey (10-1) faces off against Paoli (10-1) in what looks to be a slugfest to advance to regional. A true championship game. One could argue Triton takes an advantage in regional because they get to tune up a little in their final.

Great points man and I can't imagine a decent argument against them. 

The lack of seeding wasn't my only complaint, but I'll just sound like sour grapes if I go into them more. 

I'd more than settle for seeding the "top 2" teams in the sectional based on the Sagarin. Just the way I see it. 

5 hours ago, cloudofdust said:

Meanwhile in 32, Scottsburg is playing for a Sectional Championship against HH ....oh those dang ping pong balls. 

10 hours ago, jets said:

Meanwhile in 32, Scottsburg is playing for a Sectional Championship against HH ....oh those dang ping pong balls. 

Correct. It would have undoubtedly been Southridge had there been seeding. That bracket was fairly lopsided as well.

If the wheels squeak long and loud enough they will surely get grease at some point. 

Unfortunately there was only one scenario in 6A with Bend Davis playing Brownsburg and one in 5A with Bloomington North playing South in first round.

Seems it happens more in 4a - 1a when the sectional consists of more than 4 teams...which is a whole different issue in itself.

I agree with the sectionals being seeded, it is long overdue.  The thing that gets me even worse is the charter and private schools in the tournament.  If you offer any kind of assistance or scholarships, I think they should be in a different tournament.  Look at Springs Valley.  They have to go play Providence, who we all know offers assistance.  I think this is unfair.  Indiana should do what Tennessee high schools did a few years back and have a public school tournament, and a separate one for private and charter schools.  Just my opinion.

43 minutes ago, salemalumpres said:

I agree with the sectionals being seeded, it is long overdue.  The thing that gets me even worse is the charter and private schools in the tournament.  If you offer any kind of assistance or scholarships, I think they should be in a different tournament.  Look at Springs Valley.  They have to go play Providence, who we all know offers assistance.  I think this is unfair.  Indiana should do what Tennessee high schools did a few years back and have a public school tournament, and a separate one for private and charter schools.  Just my opinion.

Agree 100%

At the very least they should automatically bump up one level and absolutely never be 1A

16 minutes ago, PCFan1996 said:

Well, we have a couple more in the pipeline!😂

Haha. That's fine. Just feels Rominger and Guillaume just completed their 7th year due to Covid and redshirt years. Our JR high games were good this year. Might have some tighter games in future (i hope). 

WW announces Kenton Chase, Greyson McCoy, Hudson Cress and Zach Stice made all PLAC. Didn't announce positions. 

How many is determined by where you finish in the conference.

1st gets 8

2nd gets 7

3rd gets 6

4th gets 4

5th gets 3

6th gets 2

There are also a K and P position that do not count toward your total. This year, we got the K and PC got the P so each got an extra kid on.

2 hours ago, JQWL said:

How many is determined by where you finish in the conference.

1st gets 8

2nd gets 7

3rd gets 6

4th gets 4

5th gets 3

6th gets 2

There are also a K and P position that do not count toward your total. This year, we got the K and PC got the P so each got an extra kid on.

That's how we do it. Expect we don't do the K/P spots. I like that though. 

I've seen a lot of Paoli picks on here , and understandably - they did win your conference. BUT, and it's probably just my PAC bias here - but I've been on this NP team since we played them in week 8. They are legit. Big, strong, fast. I would be shocked if they dropped this one to Paoli. (Paoli lost to Boonville.....we (SR) handled Boonville...and NP got us this year by a TD) - best of luck to both teams tonight.