Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

14 hours ago, ptr said:

I'm sure that Seymour has some complaints also, but that pass to D'andre Black in the first half where the Seymour DB was holding on/riding him to slow his progress and it went one yard over Black in the end zone was really outrageous and egregious and I'm running out of words for it. I was watching the live video with Seymour announcers and they were laughing about it and saying they don't know how the refs kept their flag in their pocket on that since it was obvious even to Stevie Wonder. 

The bad calls were all in the first half imo. Personal foul on a roughing passer where the qb didn't even go to turf just hasled the qb  a bit. The trick play where seymour got to the redzone hit the turf first , guy next to me was recording game and played it back . Lack of holding calls on seymour oline.   Without the refs doubting seymour would have come away with 14 points . I must have missed the play you were speaking of. 

Edited by MuleDriver

2 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

The bad calls were all in the first half imo. Personal foul on a roughing passer where the qb didn't even go to turf just hasled the qb  a bit. The trick play where seymour got to the redzone hit the turf first , guy next to me was recording game and played it back . Lack of holding calls on seymour oline.   Without the refs doubting seymour would have come away with 14 points . I must have missed the play you were speaking of. 

That game was archived at Seymour High School (ihsaatv.org). Also, the Ev. North/Castle game is available. It was 21-21 at the half in that game and I watched the 2nd half, and it was a game of all offense and no defense. There were four turnovers in the first half of that game, and a few in the 2nd half by both teams. 

Edited by ptr

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I'm laughing at everyone complaining about the officiating. I did it and was ripped apart. Lol. I guess it depends on what team you cheer for.

In my particular case, a person would be hard-pressed to find any posts this season criticizing the refs. I remember mentioning the number of calls going against South in games this season, but in most cases, I thought they were legitimate calls and they were mentioned because they impacted the game up to that point.  I didn't mention it on this game until it was brought up, and I thought I would bring up that one particular case where the lack of a call was pretty egregious. When there is a sub-par officiating crew or one crew having a bad night officiating the game, and there are numerous questionable calls, it usually evens out with each team being affected by it. It doesn't change anything to labor on the issue, so I usually refrain from getting into it. 

Edited by ptr

Final HHC Pick ‘Em Standings:

@boilerfan87 47/51

@LC_Bears_04 46/51

@Frozen Tundra 44/51

@Impartial_Observer 42/51

@Fkfootball 40/43 (.930)

@Uncle Bubba 44/50 (.880)

@Bulldog15 33/38 (.868)

@Owls2005 35/42 (.833)

@LawrenceGreene 41/50 (.820)

@billybob 36/45 (.800)

@swcgillespie 39/50 (.780)

@mamasa 31/46 (.674)

Congratulations to @boilerfan87 on winning this year’s competition! This is the fourth year that I’ve run this and @boilerfan87 is our first ever two-time winner. I hope everyone joins again next year and please remember that you have to pick every single game in order to be in contention in the main pick ‘em competition.

HHC Pick ‘Em Winner History:

2020: @boilerfan87

2021: @Frozen Tundra

2022: @LC_Bears_04

2023: @boilerfan87

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

@boilerfan87 47/51

@LC_Bears_04 46/51

@Frozen Tundra 44/51

@Fkfootball 40/43 (.930)

@Bulldog15 33/38 (.868)

@Owls2005 35/42 (.833)

@billybob 36/45 (.800)

@mamasa 31/46 (.674)

Congratulations to @boilerfan87 on winning this year’s competition! This is the fourth year that I’ve run this and @boilerfan87 is our first ever two-time winner. I hope everyone joins again next year and please remember that you have to pick every single game in order to be in contention in the main pick ‘em competition.

This was fun.  I got started late and missed a couple in the middle but it was still a good time.  The HHC Group is a super active thread.  Until next year!

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 12:09 PM, MuleDriver said:

I felt like there was possibly a couple of missed calls. However I’m in the stands a million miles away and they’re standing there looking at it. Having been in that position I know they have a vastly different view than me, I’m a lot less to question some of those calls. I know the Seymour fans were complaint about the South TD where the guy got the pylon. First and foremost I thought it was a great call. Secondly mechanically the L nailed it. My main complaints with them were administrative in nature and I won’t bore you all with the minutia. It was clear to me they were going to let them play and they would error on the side of not flagging. I don’t necessarily have an issue with that, and I felt like they were pretty consistent and the game was fairly called. I don’t think the officials had any impact on the game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I felt like there was possibly a couple of missed calls. However I’m in the stands a million miles away and they’re standing there looking at it. Having been in that position I know they have a vastly different view than me, I’m a lot less to question some of those calls. I know the Seymour fans were complaint about the South TD where the guy got the pylon. First and foremost I thought it was a great call. Secondly mechanically the L nailed it. My main complaints with them were administrative in nature and I won’t bore you all with the minutia. It was clear to me they were going to let them play and they would error on the side of not flagging. I don’t necessarily have an issue with that, and I felt like they were pretty consistent and the game was fairly called. I don’t think the officials had any impact on the game. 

I apologize for criticizing the officiating. I was a ref for one year and one year only for this exact reason. The outcome of the game was indicative of the two teams strengths. Looking back south won 47-0 the first game seymour made some progress in the weeks since and tacked 14 on the board. I too played during the scc era @ bhss. I can still hear our coach singing Lionel Richie's 'all night long' ( in an attempt to make light/ inspire us to play better)   after our loss at seymour. He was referring to Michael Batts running all night long. So I have a respect  for seymour . Congrats to them on a good season. 

2 hours ago, Bulldog15 said:

This was fun.  I got started late and missed a couple in the middle but it was still a good time.  The HHC Group is a super active thread.  Until next year!

We may stink at football but I’d argue we’re more passionate about our teams than the fans of teams from other conferences that you only see on this site because they’re winning. Maybe I’m biased though.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

We may stink at football but I’d argue we’re more passionate about our teams than the fans of teams from other conferences that you only see on this site because they’re winning. Maybe I’m biased though.

I take a lot of heat on here at times. A lot of it, I'm sure was deserved. But this is honestly a pretty good football thread. A lot of people in this thread give a **** about this conference. I hope that it continues to improve. I'm not sure what the conference will look like considering the really good players leaving FC, Seymour, and BNL but it'll be interesting. It'll be interesting to see what happens at Jeffersonville after a 0-fer season. Some other programs that are struggling, will they make any changes? Obviously a lot to digest before next season.

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

I take a lot of heat on here at times. A lot of it, I'm sure was deserved. But this is honestly a pretty good football thread. A lot of people in this thread give a **** about this conference. I hope that it continues to improve. I'm not sure what the conference will look like considering the really good players leaving FC, Seymour, and BNL but it'll be interesting. It'll be interesting to see what happens at Jeffersonville after a 0-fer season. Some other programs that are struggling, will they make any changes? Obviously a lot to digest before next season.

Supposedly Columbus East has really good freshman and 8th grade classes. We’ll see how that translates at the varsity level in 2-3 years. Considering the success both have had, it’ll reflect poorly on coaching if Vogel isn’t able to do anything with them.

7 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Supposedly Columbus East has really good freshman and 8th grade classes. We’ll see how that translates at the varsity level in 2-3 years. Considering the success both have had, it’ll reflect poorly on coaching if Vogel isn’t able to do anything with them.

7-1. They rolled every team except for Floyd Central who beat them 38-20. You all have heard me talk about that team. They haven't lost a game since 3rd grade. From what my people are telling me, it's a generational class. Our 7th and 8th grade teams didn't lose a game this season either. We have a lot of Coach Wiegleb players who are involved in the feeder and youth coaching and their kids are coming. Some pretty big ass kids too.

IMG_0486.png

27 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

7-1. They rolled every team except for Floyd Central who beat them 38-20. You all have heard me talk about that team. They haven't lost a game since 3rd grade. From what my people are telling me, it's a generational class. Our 7th and 8th grade teams didn't lose a game this season either. We have a lot of Coach Wiegleb players who are involved in the feeder and youth coaching and their kids are coming. Some pretty big ass kids too.

IMG_0486.png

7-1 or 8-0 doesn’t really matter. Still solid and, combined with a good 8th grade class, that’s promising for us East fans who have seen bad football the last three years. I’m not expecting the East teams Gaddis coached, but it would be nice to have a winning record again.

On 11/5/2023 at 10:25 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

@boilerfan87 47/51

@LC_Bears_04 46/51

@Frozen Tundra 44/51

@Fkfootball 40/43 (.930)

@Bulldog15 33/38 (.868)

@Owls2005 35/42 (.833)

@billybob 36/45 (.800)

@mamasa 31/46 (.674)

image.png.20f5d93a0c9a50e2d0479c128dcaf4a1.png

Thanks, Frozen, for keeping track of it all. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

MS football is on MaxPreps?  lol

That's the Freshman schedule. I get MS info from my friends who coach the teams.

4 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

7-1 or 8-0 doesn’t really matter. Still solid and, combined with a good 8th grade class, that’s promising for us East fans who have seen bad football the last three years. I’m not expecting the East teams Gaddis coached, but it would be nice to have a winning record again.

I think you will.