Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

LaVille at LCC

4 hours ago, RegionFBFan said:

LaVille offense is/was awful. They need to diversify some to be effective. I’m not sure they are capable of tweaking their offensive scheme.

Obviously, you need to score points to win games and that offense vs LCC was not going to score. 

Also, hats off to #75 for LaVille. He’s one heckuva a player. High motor, big kid. Is he playing somewhere in college?

I wonder if Rochester is kicking themselves in the pants. 

Even the slightest passing game or a kicker for that matter...they are more than likely playing Luers. 

1 hour ago, BendNotBreak said:

Interesting  game for sure.. the Lcc D bucked up n was the shinnig star..   LaVile for the most part took away the Lcc pass attack... after forcing some throws n 2 int's the QB fig it was better to take off....  something I've not seen him do much... the Lcc O then went to the run game with success... nice adj by Lcc giving em control of the game....

Was discussing this two with some LCC dads at half.  Reminded us of when Denhart was LCC's QB.  He would never take off past the LOS when he was flushed and, despite his arm and receivers, defenses stayed disciplined and didn't come off the backs when he'd move out of the pocket.  Made it easier to have impact on LCC's passing game.  After at least a season, they finally got Denhart to takeoff.  He didn't gain a lot of yards on the ground, but the fact that teams now had to worry about him doing so meant his passing stats benefited greatly.  Hoping Metzger will see the same.

Nice seeing the switching, just about every play, between Page and Meister during the second half of the game.  Fresh legs and slightly different running style made it harder for LaVille to control for the run.

BTW, I posted this over in the scores thread game night, but best hit of the night came via LCC punter, Ray Clayton.  Looks like someone got it on film.  If you head out to MaxPreps and look at LCC videos, https://www.maxpreps.com/in/lafayette/lafayette-central-catholic-knights/football/media/videos/  and select the LCC-LaVille game video, you get to see the hit at the very end of the video around the 4:50 mark or so.

6 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Was discussing this two with some LCC dads at half.  Reminded us of when Denhart was LCC's QB.  He would never take off past the LOS when he was flushed and, despite his arm and receivers, defenses stayed disciplined and didn't come off the backs when he'd move out of the pocket.  Made it easier to have impact on LCC's passing game.  After at least a season, they finally got Denhart to takeoff.  He didn't gain a lot of yards on the ground, but the fact that teams now had to worry about him doing so meant his passing stats benefited greatly.  Hoping Metzger will see the same.

Nice seeing the switching, just about every play, between Page and Meister during the second half of the game.  Fresh legs and slightly different running style made it harder for LaVille to control for the run.

Bingo! Vrs Rodchester he easily could hav taken off for at least one major 1st down.. on 4th down.. keeping the drive alive!! ... maybe one or 2 more... hopefully he understands better now.. what just the threat of that can do to how opposing D backs make decisions....

17 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Come on maaaan.... u buying that drivel? .. The Red Knights r the SAC Co Champs!!!  for crying out loud... an u gonna say the Blue Knights r sandbagging?  Sheeesh

I think @Donnie Baker's yanking our chains.  He realizes that its 1A LCC vs. 2A Luers.  Then again, it is just the SAC. :classic_laugh:  I kid, I kid!

• Haha 1

On 11/9/2023 at 3:54 PM, BendNotBreak said:

their is another level of football in Lafayette area then our friends farther north.  

Nice catch Coach... most r unaware of the deep Fb history of the area... Ther r still decendants, of the Coach, of the Great Jim Thrope who played at Pine Village, not far from WL. before moving to Chicago. Chicago Cardinals I believe at that time... befor the move to St Louis... That family were all pretty good Athleles themselves... Area ties to the sport run deep.... Predate the NFL...  And Now U Know The Rest of The Story!  PH Good Day! 

My Grandfather played for PV,

21 hours ago, hondo17 said:

I wonder if Rochester is kicking themselves in the pants. 

Even the slightest passing game or a kicker for that matter...they are more than likely playing Luers. 

Happy for Coach Nay, however, be lying if I wasn't hoping to see Rochester win and send LCC back to 1a. 🙂

On 11/12/2023 at 9:24 AM, RegionFBFan said:

LaVille offense is/was awful. They need to diversify some to be effective. I’m not sure they are capable of tweaking their offensive scheme.

Obviously, you need to score points to win games and that offense vs LCC was not going to score. 

Also, hats off to #75 for LaVille. He’s one heckuva a player. High motor, big kid. Is he playing somewhere in college?

Lack of quality playcalling has plagued this team for years. I don't expect it to change. Laville boys hung tough but end of the day offense was way too predictable. 

14 hours ago, Nighthawk72 said:

Lack of quality playcalling has plagued this team for years. I don't expect it to change. Laville boys hung tough but end of the day offense was way too predictable. 

Laville's playcalling was what it has been for years.  They try to out flank you and find a numbers advantage.  In the past, it was easier because they had more studs.  In 2019, I thought their playcalling was very good. They had a better passer. Plummer's strength was in his legs.  He was limited in what he could do passing.  The coaches that are with those players everyday know what they can do and they call plays to their strength.  I am pretty sure that Laville got the most that they could out of this team.  If the field conditions are different week 1 of sectional, I am not sure Laville is even in the regional.  I am still trying to figure out what even happened at the end of that game.  The referees in that one looked to have no clue of what down it was, clock management, or general playclock rules.  

Honestly, some untimely flags against LCC seemed to keep it closer than it really felt.  It never seemed that Laville was really ever in the game.  The score board showed the opposite obviously.  I am just saying the flow of the game always seemed to be in LCC's favor.

21 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

Honestly, some untimely flags against LCC seemed to keep it closer than it really felt.  It never seemed that Laville was really ever in the game.  The score board showed the opposite obviously.  I am just saying the flow of the game always seemed to be in LCC's favor.

That and the whistle on 4th down as LCC tried to draw LaVille offsides and, instead of a re-set and restart of the play, the ref just looks over at LCC's head coach with a "what do you want me to do about it" gesture as the play clock continues to wind down. 

On the LCC side of things, props have to be given to LCC's D who ended up with a chunk of LaVille's series, early in the game, starting in Knights' territory.  Turning point where I think the defense had that flicker that they were starting to control LaVille was when they forced that field goal that was racing with itself to see if it was going out of bounds or over the goal line.

1 hour ago, Punttheball said:

Laville's playcalling was what it has been for years.  They try to out flank you and find a numbers advantage.  In the past, it was easier because they had more studs.  In 2019, I thought their playcalling was very good. They had a better passer. Plummer's strength was in his legs.  He was limited in what he could do passing.  The coaches that are with those players everyday know what they can do and they call plays to their strength.  I am pretty sure that Laville got the most that they could out of this team.  If the field conditions are different week 1 of sectional, I am not sure Laville is even in the regional.  I am still trying to figure out what even happened at the end of that game.  The referees in that one looked to have no clue of what down it was, clock management, or general playclock rules.  

Not sure I agree that Laville was never in the game. Laville had a couple drives early that ultimately stalled out where they were getting 5 yds/carry. Had a man open in the end zone that got overthrown near the end of first half, it was a tough throw. Game turned when LV dialed up a trick play on 4th and 7 from LCC 38 and lost 15 yards near end of 3Q. I have seen us look overmatched in the past w/ Pioneer, Andrean last year, etc. but didn't seem that way Friday night. 

23 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

Was a Magnificent Bomber team u helped produce... Dont those families stick around those parts anymore???

we have 37 of our 42 players coming back and some 8th graders coming in.   We had to play 3a football this past year with an enrollment of around 445.   2 years ago, Count Day, we had 528, by Xmas we had under 500, migrant workers and their families showed up and left, which left our school playing up.   

So it goes, but we are a 2a school thru and thru 

35 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

we have 37 of our 42 players coming back and some 8th graders coming in.   We had to play 3a football this past year with an enrollment of around 445.   2 years ago, Count Day, we had 528, by Xmas we had under 500, migrant workers and their families showed up and left, which left our school playing up.   

So it goes, but we are a 2a school thru and thru 

Maybe some Rochester/RC sectional battles in our future!