Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

LCC AT FW LUERS

LCC gets to play FW Luers!  LCC played FW Dwenger in 1968, FW South in 1972 and FW Concordia in 1977 and 1978, but never Luers.  I don't know who is going to win.  LCC fans think Luers is going to win and Luers fans think LCC is going to win.  Its looks like a 50/50 game.  How did Homestead only score 10 points on Luers?  Homestead scored 23 on Snider when they beat them in OT.

It's about as even as you can get.  Calpreps says LCC by 1 on a neutral field.

image.png.d740a89148ffada2358dd485d7e0dfcd.png

Harrell's gives LCC a slight edge too:

image.png.ccff814292cf6c18af967c1479ba3ed1.png

Sagarin gives the edge for SOS to Luers:

image.thumb.png.599413d45ee64c916f647dcd3b7ff2f8.png

1 minute ago, dazed and confused said:

also see Bluffton above LCC... says to me that LCC will be easier to beat than Bluffton...

Exactly... The Red Knights have double everything the Blue Knights have... AND r SAC Co-Champs!! Don't care what stats r put up... this is a huge hill for the Blue Knights to climb..... keeping it close b awesome...

• Like 1

LCC wins this one. Outside of Snider in Fort Wayne, wasn't impressed with the SAC at all this year, and Luers didn't even have to play them this year. If you can defend a fade and keep contain on a HB toss, you can beat Luers. LCC will be able to do that. In my opinion, the two best teams in the North met each other back in week 2 of Sectionals.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tippy said:

LCC gets to play FW Luers!  LCC played FW Dwenger in 1968, FW South in 1972 and FW Concordia in 1977 and 1978, but never Luers.  I don't know who is going to win.  LCC fans think Luers is going to win and Luers fans think LCC is going to win.  Its looks like a 50/50 game.  How did Homestead only score 10 points on Luers?  Homestead scored 23 on Snider when they beat them in OT.

Ok Tippy... u da man with the books... Did little Lcc win any of those games?? Other than Concordia....

4 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Ok Tippy... u da man with the books... Did little Lcc win any of those games?? Other than Concordia....

Hold on, there!  Concordia won one of those games (1978, 40-12).  LCC won the 1977 game 13-6.

3 minutes ago, kdets89 said:

Hold on, there!  Concordia won one of those games (1978, 40-12).  LCC won the 1977 game 13-6.

Yes... knew about both Concordia games... the remnants of 76 were gone in 78.... Am curious about Dwenger in 68... 69 was one of the top Lcc teams ever... 76 was just the luckiest....

13 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

LCC is 2-2 against FW teams.  Dwenger beat LCC 6-0 the first game of the 1968 season.  Dwenger went 8-1 in 1968.  LCC beat at FW South 32-21 in 1972.  South was 1-8 that year.  LCC beat Concordia 13-6 in 1977 and Concordia beat LCC 40-12 in 1978

11 minutes ago, Tippy said:

LCC is 2-2 against FW teams.  Dwenger beat LCC 6-0 the first game of the 1968 season.  Dwenger went 8-1 in 1968.  LCC beat at FW South 32-21 in 1972.  South was 1-8 that year.  LCC beat Concordia 13-6 in 1977 and Concordia beat LCC 40-12 in 1978

Sooo... Lcc is 2-1 vrs the Lutherns?? 

5 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

LCC wins this one. Outside of Snider in Fort Wayne, wasn't impressed with the SAC at all this year, and Luers didn't even have to play them this year. If you can defend a fade and keep contain on a HB toss, you can beat Luers. LCC will be able to do that. In my opinion, the two best teams in the North met each other back in week 2 of Sectionals.

Gotta disagree here... Luers presents ALOT of matchup problems for Lcc... that D end is just one of em... if Lcc is to hav a pig in pokes chance in this game... its between the ears.... jmho

44 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Yes... knew about both Concordia games... the remnants of 76 were gone in 78.... Am curious about Dwenger in 68... 69 was one of the top Lcc teams ever... 76 was just the luckiest....

I think LCC would have beat Dwenger in 68, but they were without their starting fullback, Gordon Halsema.  Dave Metzinger had to take his place.  Dwenger scored in the 3rd to go up 6-0.  LCC had a fourth and seven at the Saints 7 yard line with 41 seconds left, but the Saints intercepted Bush's pass.

22 hours ago, Tippy said:

Not to downplay the Homestead win, but I would throw that out. Snider was coming off the huge win against Carroll the previous week. They jumped out to 14-0 lead in first half, I think they fell asleep at the switch on that one after they went up early. 

2 minutes ago, Tippy said:

I think LCC would have beat Dwenger in 68, but they were without their starting fullback, Gordon Halsema.  Dave Metzinger had to take his place.  Dwenger scored in the 3rd to go up 6-0.  LCC had a fourth and seven at the Saints 7 yard line with 41 seconds left, but the Saints intercepted Bush's pass.

Not bad... 69 was just a murderous team....

16 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Gotta disagree here... Luers presents ALOT of matchup problems for Lcc... that D end is just one of em... if Lcc is to hav a pig in pokes chance in this game... its between the ears.... jmho

LCC will have a better quick game passing the ball than what Bluffton had to equalize that. Bluffton's screens weren't ran near as well as LCC will run them and was still effective against Luers. The slants and stick concept will be key for LCC. I guess we will find out Friday.

14 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Not to downplay the Homestead win, but I would throw that out. Snider was coming off the huge win against Carroll the previous week. They jumped out to 14-0 lead in first half, I think they fell asleep at the switch on that one after they went up early. 

Speaking of Carroll............very good football team. Unfortunately they'll never be remembered as such after laying an egg against Warsaw. 

4 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

LCC will have a better quick game passing the ball than what Bluffton had to equalize that. Bluffton's screens weren't ran near as well as LCC will run them and was still effective against Luers. The slants and stick concept will be key for LCC. I guess we will find out Friday.

I hear what ur saying...  sounds good technically... until u match up... athlete to athlete.... its a steep hill for Lcc to climb....

1 hour ago, kdets89 said:

Sounds like a personal stake in those. 🙂

5 hours ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Schwartz had a heck of a game against LaVille on the defense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BTF said:

Speaking of Carroll............very good football team. Unfortunately they'll never be remembered as such after laying an egg against Warsaw. 

But yes, the quality of football goes down after Snider and Carroll. Luers and Homestead are next up. The bottom 6 of the conference was about as weak as I've seen in recent memory.