Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove @ Ben Davis 6A South Semistate

2 hours ago, AllGutsNoGlory said:

After watching the CG and WC game if the Trojans allow pressure like they did aight the Warriors. It could be a long night for Cherry as the Giants are averaging 4-5 sacks a game. The Giants have a more well rounded Defense than the Warriors. It will be a clash of titans! 

I’d have to disagree. Cherry had time to throw, but played poorly. That was easily his roughest game of the season, but not because he was under pressure. 

16 hours ago, HomeCookin said:

I’d have to disagree. Cherry had time to throw, but played poorly. That was easily his roughest game of the season, but not because he was under pressure. 

No dog in the fight. He will get pressured from Ben Davis and likely even sacked a couple of times. Ben Davis likes to bring it and are very effective at doing so. 

That being said Ben Davis bringing pressure and the blitz at times will leave some open big plays that CG could hit. Timely screens can work too. Sometimes it is a gamble Ben Davis likes to gamble and bring relentless pressure at times in hopes it they get to the QB, but on the flip side it can leave some wide open pass plays if they hit quick enough.

40 minutes ago, BSUKingsmen said:

Either way, this is the state championship.

I think that whoever wins is a strong favorite over CP, I think that if Westfield comes out of the north, they will present a bigger threat to both Center Grove and Ben Davis.

But, I think that 6A south is going to have three state-championship style games in one playoff.

Ben Davis - Brownsburg

Ben Davis - Cathedral 

Ben Davis - Center Grove

Interesting facts

Center Grove has won the last 8 meetings between Center Grove and Ben Davis and 11 of the last 13 meetings. At one time the Giants held a 10-2 advantage over the Trojans (in 2006). The Trojans now lead the series 19-15 over the Giants. In 2006 Ben Davis beat Center Grove 4-3, that is a odd Final Score of a game you don't see too often!

image.thumb.png.c22a6a95735e798f922eaaaaf5bb3730.png

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

Interesting facts

Center Grove has won the last 8 meetings between Center Grove and Ben Davis and 11 of the last 13 meetings. At one time the Giants held a 10-2 advantage over the Trojans (in 2006). The Trojans now lead the series 19-15 over the Giants. In 2006 Ben Davis beat Center Grove 4-3, that is a odd Final Score of a game you don't see too often!

I think 4-2 and 5-4 would be the only more rare scores statistically... 2-0, then anytime a team scores 29

Interesting facts

4-3 was a game where Center Grove scored all the points.

A field goal, a safety for holding in the end zone, and a safety for the punter stepping out of bounds. Here's the broadcast on WBDG.

https://audioboom.com/posts/8152957-the-4-3-game-center-grove-ben-davis-football-2006

• Like 1

Interesting facts

BD coach records vs CG:
Dullaghan 7-2

Allen 3-0

Kirschner 5-9

Simmons 0-8

Mann 0-0

12 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

4-3 was a game where Center Grove scored all the points.

A field goal, a safety for holding in the end zone, and a safety for the punter stepping out of bounds. Here's the broadcast on WBDG.

https://audioboom.com/posts/8152957-the-4-3-game-center-grove-ben-davis-football-2006

Was this the year we had rain leading up to Friday then rain on Friday and Saturday so several games had to be made up on Monday? I seem to be associating a 4-3 game with that season.

ETA: How was the game archived? Cassette? When did you switch over to a digital recorder? 

23 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Was this the year we had rain leading up to Friday then rain on Friday and Saturday so several games had to be made up on Monday? I seem to be associating a 4-3 game with that season.

ETA: How was the game archived? Cassette? When did you switch over to a digital recorder? 

I think it was on cassette. We've been recording digitally for the last 15 years or so at WBDG.

15 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

A win is a win

I mean all the teams had to deal with Covid, it's not like the Hoosiers were exonerated from covid while others were not.

Should  Center Grove, Cathedral, Roncalli, Chatard, Western Boone, and Covenant Christian all give back their 2020 STate Championship Titles because of "Covid". I don't feel they should.