Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

I didn’t get my picks in on time. I’ll try to do better next week. I did however make the trip to Louisville St Xavier. I tell you what. St X is a legit football experience. They run their show like a championship football program. Just so impressed seeing their facilities, their organization, their huge stadium, the people tailgating. I mean it’s a big deal in Louisville. Way more impressive than what I’ve seen over at Male. St X was the dominant force I figured they’d be. But I came away pretty damn encouraged by what Floyd Central did over there. They could’ve easily made this game a lot closer. They were able to run the ball pretty effectively against a pretty stout defense. Their O-Line is pretty big and having Bernardi back is a godsend. He showed off his speed and power several times including a couple long kick returns. Way too many drops by their WRs on some pretty well schemed passing plays. A couple of turnovers inside the 20. Some pretty bad punts that gave St X great field position. All in all, I think FC can play a whole lot better than they did tonight and if they do they’re going to win a lot of games.

1 hour ago, Owls2005 said:

Seymour 49

Greenwood 51

Final

Owls defense has to find some type of stamina and grit in the second half. They let Greenwood offense just move down the field with ease when the game was in hand.  They could be the team to beat in the HHC but the rest of the Conference now know, after film work, how to keep the game within reach. . 

Jennings County QB Parker Elmore is a stud. Second-year starter for the Panthers and only a sophomore. He can throw it and he can tuck it and run. He throws a risky pass at times but the kid is composed and confident in the pocket. His success will depend on the o-line and receivers around him so I shudder to think how good he’ll be in two years if he has help.

Edited by Frozen Tundra
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Jennings County QB Parker Elmore is a stud. Second-year starter for the Panthers and only a sophomore. He can throw it and he can tuck it and run. He throws a risky pass at times but the kid is composed and confident in the pocket. His success will depend on the o-line and receivers around him so I shudder to think how good he’ll be in two years if he has help.

JC RB Branden Braun had 15 carries, 156 yards, and 2 TDs on the ground. He also added 4 catches for 81 yards and 2 TDs. Elmore is a stud, but he isn’t the only one. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BuckSweep5 said:

JC RB Branden Braun had 15 carries, 156 yards, and 2 TDs on the ground. He also added 4 catches for 81 yards and 2 TDs. Elmore is a stud, but he isn’t the only one. 

Not the only stud but I’m just impressed with his ability despite being a sophomore. I was impressed last year as well. It’s always crazy to me seeing QBs playing defense and special teams as well. It’s not easy.

@ptr    Any idea which o lineman was injured for the Panthers last nite? been a few years since I've been on this site.  Don't follow the Panthers as close . Seems like every year ends in disappointment because of injuries. Last year both rbs were out at castle and as you mentioned DeAndre black was lost early in the season.   

Is there  a conference Indiana topic  thread?  Columbus east  played well early I think the Panthers finally wore them down.  Should be an interesting season I'd south can stay healthy and as always improve each week.  

45 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

@ptr    Any idea which o lineman was injured for the Panthers last nite? been a few years since I've been on this site.  Don't follow the Panthers as close . Seems like every year ends in disappointment because of injuries. Last year both rbs were out at castle and as you mentioned DeAndre black was lost early in the season.   

Is there  a conference Indiana topic  thread?  Columbus east  played well early I think the Panthers finally wore them down.  Should be an interesting season I'd south can stay healthy and as always improve each week.  

I watched the game online and didn't catch which o-lineman went down which was an apparent knee injury. He walked/limped off the field on his own so maybe he just tweaked it and it's not that serious. We will probably know that on Monday. South really hurt themselves in the first half with major penalties which has been a problem off and on the past few seasons. They had Jarrin Alley long run for a TD called back because of a holding call and that drive fizzled out in East territory. South's secondary needs to improve and they gave up (based on my memory) three deep passes where the receiver was wide open. They also had a couple of PI calls in the game. East was also fairly successful on the short quick passes to the sideline that helped keep some of their drives going. No turnovers for South in the game was a big plus considering it was the first game of the season. East had no turnovers in the first half, but their two turnovers in the 3rd quarter let South expand their lead in that quarter. D'Andre Black's first game back since the injury last season was pretty successful and he caught 6 passes for 75 yards and one TD. 

There's been no Conference Indiana threads or posts and outside of me, I haven't seen any posts from fans of the other schools about the conference. You used to be pretty active on here and I wondered what happened. You were a big fan of Coach Mo (aren't we all) and when he hung it up for good you seemed to fade away. There are probably a few South lurkers on here that don't post, and I haven't seen any post from North fans.

Edited by ptr

1 hour ago, ptr said:

You were a big fan of Coach Mo (aren't we all) and when he hung it up for good you seemed to fade away. There are probably a few South lurkers on here that don't post, and I haven't seen any post from North fans.

How did you watch online? I was skeptical of the link that the bhss football facebook page provided . I thought a lot of those links were scams...  Martinsville usually youtubes their home  games unsure where this year's match up is at. I'd probably follow south closer but it has been like clockwork that sometime during the year south loses a major part of their chances to make a long run through injuries.  During the past successful runs for state titles those things didn't happen. So . . . . I just watch from a distance nowadays. 

21 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

How did you watch online? I was skeptical of the link that the bhss football facebook page provided . I thought a lot of those links were scams...  Martinsville usually youtubes their home  games unsure where this year's match up is at. I'd probably follow south closer but it has been like clockwork that sometime during the year south loses a major part of their chances to make a long run through injuries.  During the past successful runs for state titles those things didn't happen. So . . . . I just watch from a distance nowadays. 

The spiideo has provided the link to the live video for both South football and basketball home games for the past two years. When I can't make it to a game which has been fairly often over the last two years, I subscribe to their link of the game which costs $8.00 for each game. They are not a scam and are legit, and I have never had a problem with their videos links. There were a couple of times where technical problems prevented the coverage of the games, and they were prompt in notifying me that they had credited my credit card account because of the tech problem, and I didn't even have to contact them first. There is no game commentary and sometimes you can make out what's being said over the PA. The delay with the radio station coverage and the video link is enough to where I do without the radio coverage. I usually check out the halftime commentary from whichever station is carrying the game and also their wrap-show at the end to get a lot of the stats. 

I checked the Arties' MHS Rewind site and they didn't have anything on the game next week at South, and I believe they do just the home games there. Regardless, I'm guessing that they won't carry the South game with Spiideo probably having exclusive rights to the video access of the game.

5 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

I thought I would add that the Panthers won the JV game over East, 41-16. The freshman game ended in a 14-14 tie.

11 hours ago, ptr said:

I thought I would add that the Panthers won the JV game over East, 41-16. The freshman game ended in a 14-14 tie.

That's a good deal! Future looks good. With east in our sectional now that Gaddis is gone I think we have a great shot . Castle has a good coach tho. I think him and Gabe have a history in college playing together or something  read about it a few years ago. B North is a threat some years as well. 

My thoughts are on conference realignment. The current set up isn't very desirable. Would be nice to see a new conference sort of similar too the old south central conference minus Rushville and Connersville.  

5 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

That's a good deal! Future looks good. With east in our sectional now that Gaddis is gone I think we have a great shot . Castle has a good coach tho. I think him and Gabe have a history in college playing together or something  read about it a few years ago. B North is a threat some years as well. 

My thoughts are on conference realignment. The current set up isn't very desirable. Would be nice to see a new conference sort of similar too the old south central conference minus Rushville and Connersville.  

Your question on which o-lineman went down for South on their first TD drive of the game, it was their starting center Matt Eller. He's a senior and like I said previously he walked off on his own with a slight limp. I went back and reviewed the first half of the game. I didn't see the trainers doing much with him on the sideline and I later saw that he was walking around with a wrap on his left knee, but no ice. Maybe he just tweaked it and it's nothing serious, but you never know with these things. 

Although South hurt themselves with the major penalties in the first half, I thought East's offense played fairly well in the first half given all of their new pieces. 

Edited by ptr
  • Like 1