Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider 2023

8 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

East Noble will test the secondary..wc had a few mishaps that the Knights may not let slip away...

I agree. How much does Snider sell out to stop the run because if they sell out, they will be susceptible to the deep pass. As with 95% of football games, they are won in the trenches. I think Snider has a decided advantage in that area, but that is why they play the games. Consistency as always been a challenge for Snider because as good as they looked against Warren Central, past history has shown them to also come out flat against teams

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

Since this is a 2023 Snider thread, let’s talk some Panther football!!! Now, I will say I was very impressed with Billingsley at QB.That dude was shifty and had some great spin moves in the run. Running attack was flat out great and the game was won in the trenches. Been a long time since a Snider slobber knockered a good team. Defense was really good as well. Time to go to Kendalltucky, er Kendallville, and play another good team

How did Billingsley look passing the ball? I didn't watch game and haven't heard any commentary on any of the passing game. Maybe since they were running well, limited passing, but sure he threw a few times??

On 8/20/2023 at 7:24 PM, psaboy said:

From limited looks, Wayne looked somewhat capable of a 6-7 win season. See they only have one OOC game. Wonder why that is??

I think Wayne is alot of smoke and mirrors....  I'm not taking anything from their game with Attucks, looked like Attucks dressed about 28 kids for a Friday night game.....and they looked BAD.  Their O-line is what everything will hinge on as it should. Regular season I see a 4 win season, 5 at BEST. Playoff run will all depend on the draw as I dont see them winning against East Noble, Leo or Col City head to head.

Look for East Noble to try to slow this game down with the running game.  Yeah they had 63 plays on the ground last week but they have 3 very able bodied kids to run the ball sharing those carries so they should have a fresh body to run every series.  The Knights QB has, for the most part, been average the last few years and makes mistakes if you can pressure him. He doesnt really have the ability to extend plays with his legs and has, in the past, ripped off throws to avoid a sack resulting in some bad picks in the past.  Play action, I think, is where he can hurt you if they can get a running game going.  Their achilles heal last year was pass defense as they gave up BIG yards through the air last year with a young, and honestly, slow secondary.  I would defeinately look to take some deep shots if I were Snider to attempt to keep the safeties from creeping up in the box.   I'm thinking 31-14 Snider.

15 hours ago, psaboy said:

How did Billingsley look passing the ball? I didn't watch game and haven't heard any commentary on any of the passing game. Maybe since they were running well, limited passing, but sure he threw a few times??

He was fine, the pick 6 was not good, but he hit a few nice passes. He excels with the run game though and I think Snider will be tough to stop on the ground. 2 very good running backs, a very good option type QB, and good receivers who can go get the ball. Should be fun to watch

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

He was fine, the pick 6 was not good, but he hit a few nice passes. He excels with the run game though and I think Snider will be tough to stop on the ground. 2 very good running backs, a very good option type QB, and good receivers who can go get the ball. Should be fun to watch

Reminds me of 2004. Maybe not that good, but potential for sure. 

3 hours ago, BTF said:

Reminds me of 2004. Maybe not that good, but potential for sure. 

Exactly..that team had a few 4.4 guys though..with the main threat being injured..oh what could have been.. that team had laser focus as well..we will see Friday if this team can come close to that bar..

41 minutes ago, Knightsfan_01 said:

This is probably pretty close.  I was equally as impressed with Sniders win in Indy as I was with how bad Leurs was.  EN is definitely better than last year though.

East Noble looked the part against Luers..I was shocked they didn't recieve votes in the ifca poll..I'm putting the panthers on upset alert this week..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justasportsfan said:

East Noble looked the part against Luers..I was shocked they didn't recieve votes in the ifca poll..I'm putting the panthers on upset alert this week..

Agree, I thought East Noble would garner some votes. 

2 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Exactly..that team had a few 4.4 guys though..with the main threat being injured..oh what could have been.. that team had laser focus as well..we will see Friday if this team can come close to that bar..

I still maintain that they were the best team in the state that year through Week 8 and possibly the best Snider team to ever take the field. Again, I don't know if this years teams is quite that level, but even mentioning them in the same sentence as the 2004 team is quite the compliment. 

• Like 1

Still think the Vaughn Dunbar, Brock Rohrbacher team was so good. That championship game with Carmel in 1986 was epic. Both teams fell to the championship squads the year before  as their only losses that season. 2004 Snider was very good as well though.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 11:05 AM, ragdoll said:

Still think the Vaughn Dunbar, Brock Rohrbacher team was so good. That championship game with Carmel in 1986 was epic. Both teams fell to the championship squads the year before  as their only losses that season. 2004 Snider was very good as well though.

Snider was without their starting QB and it still took Carmel overtime to win that game. I think they could make a case for best of all time along with 92', 97', and 04'. 

3 hours ago, BTF said:

Snider was without their starting QB and it still took Carmel overtime to win that game. I think they could make a case for best of all time along with 92', 97', and 04'. 

Without qb is impressive. did not recall that. Both teams in that game had superior defenses and Dunbar one of the greatest backs in state history. 

The young Rohrbacher is really good. 

21 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Think we need to tamper the current team comparison to the all-time years of past. Lets see how they compare when

12-13 games are complete. 

Lol, this team has a long way to go to be mentioned among Snider's elite. The comparisons to the 04' team was really just about a good ground attack, a QB who can run, and a good defense. The mention of Snider's best teams was just conversation only. Does this team have that kind of potential? I don't see why not. But they'd have to run the table the rest of the way to have any chance of entering Top 5, or even Top 10 for that matter. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

True..tonight in Kendallville will shed some light on where the weaknesses reside this yr..

East Noble want's this game...........bad. Panthers better be ready to put their best foot forward. 

• Like 1