18. Merrillville
  19. Valparaiso
  20. Franklin Central
  21. Bloomington South
  22. NorthWood
  23. Roncalli
  24. Kokomo
  25. Evansville Reitz

I can definitely agree with this poll. Right now Ben Davis and Center Grove look solid. Minus some hiccups in the secondary for Brownsburg they aren't far off. 4-7 (HSE, Cathedral, Westfield, and Lawrence Central) throw them in a blender and whomever pops out can be number 4. I think Fishers can be in that mix too, but I need to see them against better competition to get a better judgement than North central and Pike. It will be interesting to see how they all look by week 9 and start of the playoffs.

Glad you have East Central up there, as they are rolling right now. Big game coming up at home for them against Moeller, then they have a pretty easy schedule until week 9.

22 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

Warren Central should be in top 20 ! Don't see many of the teans in bottom half beating them !

Calpreps has Warren Central listed at #31 in Indiana. I tend to agree with Calpreps. They have an easy one next week against North Central to get them in the win column. Then they will struggle with Lawrence Central and Ben Davis. I could see Warren Central going 2-7 or 3-6 come seasons end. I think best case for WC is to go 4-5 in regular season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

Calpreps has Warren Central listed at #31 in Indiana. I tend to agree with Calpreps. They have an easy one next week against North Central to get them in the win column. Then they will struggle with Lawrence Central and Ben Davis. I could see Warren Central going 2-7 or 3-6 come seasons end. I think best case for WC is to go 4-5 in regular season.

I’ve got em HM (#33).

1 hour ago, Dave007 said:

You need to at least switch Cathedral with Westfield.  The gap between Center Grove / Ben Davis and everyone else in the field will continue to grow as the season continues (as I predicted months ago).

If Westfield jumps Cathedral then so does LC based on what I saw last night.

I don’t think it’s clear and very muddied after the top 2-3.

Warren is young and struggling as their QB matures. That's a bad recipe against that schedule. You know they'll be competitive vs. BD, LN and LC. They should wallop Pike and NC. Christian Brothers is another kettle of fish altogether. Good news is they should be able to sail through the Sectional and play in a Regional.

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

I agree. Warren Central isn't what it used to be. The Warriors had a good couple of decades of solid winning. This reminds me of the 1990s when they weren't as good 

As silly as this sounds, I don't think we've seen what Ben Davis is capable of yet. The Giants have put together some really good stretches of football, but we haven't seen a flat out 48 minutes yet from this team. Are they as good as 1991 or 2017...no. Could they be? It's a stretch, but there is potential.

I think there's real potential on that defense to be more lights out. Tommy Gotkowski makes some throws I haven't seen made by a BD QB, and that includes the "big five" of Banks, Taylor, Castner, Ings and Britt. He may have the strongest arm of that bunch. Alijah Price will make someone really happy in college.

Long way to go and there's still room to improve.

Edited by BDGiant93

35 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Warren is young and struggling as their QB matures. That's a bad recipe against that schedule. You know they'll be competitive vs. BD, LN and LC. They should wallop Pike and NC. Christian Brothers is another kettle of fish altogether. Good news is they should be able to sail through the Sectional and play in a Regional.

They weren’t competitive in the second half against Snider yet they’ll be competitive with BD, LN and LC?…color me skeptical.

BD will have little mercy, LC is looking like a fringe state title contender and they haven’t beaten LN since 2019…

I know you are loyal to Kirschner and all but let’s call a spade a spade…the game has passed him by.

You’ve been claiming he’s going to “fix it” for 2 years now.

They have no offensive identity, are using their 4 star DL to punt (and tried two fakes from inside of their own 30 yard line last night), and have no competent kicker as every 4th down inside of the 20 is an automatic “go for it.”

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

Warren Central should be in top 20 ! Don't see many of the teans in bottom half beating them !

Agree. I have Warren Central somewhere between 16-18. There are a few teams in the Top 25 that, in no way shape or form, I'm betting on them beating the Warriors. If Carroll is good enough be #12, then WC is good enough to be Top 25. They had Carroll down for three quarters on the Chargers home field. That game could have gone either direction. 

Not sure why Snider dropped three spots. They led a good East Noble team 45-13 in front of a big home crowd in Kendallville. 

All that being said. Good work Temp. Love seeing your poll. 

13 minutes ago, BTF said:

Agree. I have Warren Central somewhere between 16-18. There are a few teams in the Top 25 that, in no way shape or form, I'm betting on them beating the Warriors. If Carroll is good enough be #12, then WC is good enough to be Top 25. They had Carroll down for three quarters on the Chargers home field. That game could have gone either direction. 

Not sure why Snider dropped three spots. They led a good East Noble team 45-13 in front of a big home crowd in Kendallville. 

All that being said. Good work Temp. Love seeing your poll. 

THE sloppiest game between two “top 20” (your words) teams I’ve ever seen.

Easily had to be 200+ yards in penalties.

As for Carroll specifically, more so to do with how impressive LC was and the Snider transitive property against Warren…which I know is a fool’s errand but is the best I can do after two weeks.

11 minutes ago, Grover said:

Their problems last night went way beyond having an immature QB.

Yep.  Anyone saying otherwise is either blind, or not watching the games.

Edited by temptation

2 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

I agree. Warren Central isn't what it used to be. The Warriors had a good couple of decades of solid winning. This reminds me of the 1990s when they weren't as good 

is the Will Patterson buzz on East 56th Street luring kids North out of Warren and from IPS who would go to Warren in the past?

Edited by Boilernation

3 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Well, if the talent is still there, then it's up to Kirshner and Co. to develop them. 

Is the talent there?  They have a handful of next level prospects, usually have successful freshman/JV teams, yet just lost 55-0 at the JV level…

Is the well dry?

27 minutes ago, temptation said:

Is the talent there?  They have a handful of next level prospects, usually have successful freshman/JV teams, yet just lost 55-0 at the JV level…

Is the well dry?

That was unheard of with Wright and Tutsie. Something is broken and the guy the top of the chain hasn't figured it out.

1 hour ago, Grover said:

Their problems last night went way beyond having an immature QB.

Do you suppose some of their problems were the result of going up against two really good defenses that caused disruptions? Let's not forget that HSE's offense only scored twice against Carroll. Maybe Fort Wayne just has two legitimately good Top 10 teams? I'm not sure Warren Central just "all of a sudden" stinks. I guess we won't really know until Week 4 when they play a good Indy team, presuming they do okay this coming Friday. 

9 minutes ago, BTF said:

Do you suppose some of their problems were the result of going up against two really good defenses that caused disruptions? Let's not forget that HSE's offense only scored twice against Carroll. Maybe Fort Wayne just has two legitimately good Top 10 teams? I'm not sure Warren Central just "all of a sudden" stinks. I guess we won't really know until Week 4 when they play a good Indy team, presuming they do okay this coming Friday. 

Of course, but there are things that folks are accustomed to when they watch Warren Central football, which is the highest of praise…

But they have not been the same program for 3 + years regardless of the opponent.

I never thought I’d see the day when a win over Warren Central DROPS a team (Carroll) in my rankings, lol.

They are 15-18 in their last 33…

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BTF said:

My comments aren't reflective of WC's opponents at all.  I've been watching WC dominate the state for decades and seeing them 0-2 is crazy.  Seeing them look confused about personnel, and obviously having communication problems on the field is even crazier.  My comments are borne out of respect for the WC program and especially its players.  

25 minutes ago, Grover said:

My comments aren't reflective of WC's opponents at all.  I've been watching WC dominate the state for decades and seeing them 0-2 is crazy.  Seeing them look confused about personnel, and obviously having communication problems on the field is even crazier.  My comments are borne out of respect for the WC program and especially its players.  

Sounds like an up year for Warren on the offensive and defensive lines and a down year at the skill position? I still think WC could come together by playoff time. Clearly the QB and WR's are a work in progress. 

5 hours ago, BTF said:

Sounds like an up year for Warren on the offensive and defensive lines and a down year at the skill position? I still think WC could come together by playoff time. Clearly the QB and WR's are a work in progress. 

Looks like most of the good teams are in the upper classes and South of Kokomo.

Didn't count many teams North of Kokomo in this list.

Maybe next time

as always, the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007