• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Saturday’s HHC slate:

10:00 AM - Brown County at Jennings County

12:00 PM - Christian Academy of Louisville at New Albany

7:00 PM - Seymour at Jeffersonville

7:00 PM - Terre Haute South vs Floyd Central (@ BNL)

Bad deal for Floyd Central. Lost a home game where it looked like they’d have a pretty good crowd on hand. Now at BNL, it’s a crapshoot. I felt confident that Floyd would win tonight.

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Geez man. Two weeks in a row that they can’t hold on.

It’s obvious that BNL is close.

Another tough one.  We had a hiccup on punt coverage, and gave them great field position for their first score.  After that, we controlled the first half.  We ran the ball well. We went into halftime up 14-7.  We stop them on their initial drive of the 2nd half.  2nd play of our offensive series, our QB has to come out due to what I believe were full body cramps.  Don't quote me on that.  He didn't return, and we struggled to move the ball.  The defense played good, caused some turnovers, but they spent a lot of time on the field the last 1.5 quarters. North scored with 10 minutes to go in 4th, hit crossbar on PAT.  They got the ball back with 7 mins to go, and they scored with 18 seconds left.

Jennings County 52

Brown County 0

Halftime

Brown County didn’t pick up a first down until 1:48 left in the half after some of the defensive starters had been pulled.

4 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

They shouldn't have been allowed to advance that kick. 

That’s what I thought too

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

Details? At what point in the game did this occur? I may have access to the video. Always looking for video clips to use for training purposes.

I don’t remember the exact time. It was about five minutes left in the half. Jennings County kicked it off. The Brown County player muffed it. Jennings County picked it up and returned it for a touchdown.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

a live feed... not sure how it'll look for you... its late in the first half. 

Thanks. The play occurred with 4:41 remaining in the first half (1:02:15 of the video). You are correct. The receivers never had possession, so it was still a kick when recovered by the kickers. It’s the kickers’ ball at the spot of the recovery, but they cannot advance it. This was, unfortunately, an inexcusable officiating error. Glad it didn’t affect the outcome.

Edited by Bobref
  • Like 2