Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sports memes and other stuff

Irishman

16 hours ago, Irishman said:

Hat and jersey combo

May be an illustration of text that says 'HOOSIER M STATE TENDERLOINS Wilson PRO FUSION HOOSIER STATE TENDERLOINS' 

If you are in this area, Parkview Field is a great venue; lots of great food and drink options. Single A baseball may not be the greatest to watch, but I have never had a bad time at a game. Going to be odd seeing these uniforms though lol 

On 2/18/2023 at 11:17 AM, Irishman said:

If you are in this area, Parkview Field is a great venue; lots of great food and drink options. Single A baseball may not be the greatest to watch, but I have never had a bad time at a game. Going to be odd seeing these uniforms though lol 

Actually they are kind of hideous.  And a giant tenderloin, like depicted on the uniform, doesn't automatically equal a good tenderloin.

18 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Never been to Ray's. Edinburgh Diner's was fantastic. Only mediocre tenderloin I've ever had wasn't a large one. Can't recall ever having a 'bad' one.

I have found that breaded tenderloins described as 'fritters' are not that good, they are usually frozen, pre-packaged junk.  Nowadays I'll only try new breaded tenderloins that are described as hand-breaded, and I'll tend to quiz the server on that point before I order one.

Life is too short to consume a sub-standard breaded tenderloin.

14 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I have found that breaded tenderloins described as 'fritters' are not that good, they are usually frozen, pre-packaged junk.  Nowadays I'll only try new breaded tenderloins that are described as hand-breaded, and I'll tend to quiz the server on that point before I order one.

Fritters are not considered tenderloins by anyone I know. Edinburgh Diner's is not a fritter.

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Fritters are not considered tenderloins by anyone I know. Edinburgh Diner's is not a fritter.

I have seen restaurant menus that try to pass a fritter off as a tenderloin, which is why I almost always inquire before ordering.  And I never claimed that the Edinburgh Diner's giant tenderloin was a fritter.  It is just a giant hand-breaded tenderloin that IMHO wasn't very good, compared to others that I have tried.

My absolute favorite was from a place in Fort Myers Beach; Hoosiers in Paradise. The owner is a retired Firefighter from Indy. He used a beer batter rather than the usual breaded coating. I really hope he brings the place back after Ian. I have not heard any updates. But a lot of damage was done to the building it was in. WTHR did a story about it a few days after Ian hit. Here is a great picture of the tenderloin. 

May be an image of food and indoor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/21/2023 at 8:11 AM, Muda69 said:

Couldn't agree more, and honestly, truer may have never been spoken in these hollowed threads 

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2023 at 3:57 PM, Muda69 said:

One of the best ever:

Sayers was the best pure running back I ever saw!  He was able to break tackles, change directions on a dime and his speed was unmatched.  Lots of NFL RB's had better numbers but none were more electrifying!

Also, I consider myself a tenderloin connoisseur.  If there's a breaded tenderloin on the menu, I order it.  The best I've ever had was at the now defunct Pit Stop in Brownsburg.  Chef Dave Rose, brother of Pete, was the architect of them!  The Mug 'n Bun on Indy's westside had a decent 'loin until they had new ownership a few years back, and now it's just a flat fritter.  Bubbas 33 on Indy's southside has a tasty tenderloin now.  The Avon location just put one on the menu, but the manager must have a phobia about calling it a "tenderloin."  He calls it a breaded pork sandwich.  I love me some tenderloins!

6 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Sayers was the best pure running back I ever saw!  He was able to break tackles, change directions on a dime and his speed was unmatched.  Lots of NFL RB's had better numbers but none were more electrifying!

Also, I consider myself a tenderloin connoisseur.  If there's a breaded tenderloin on the menu, I order it.  The best I've ever had was at the now defunct Pit Stop in Brownsburg.  Chef Dave Rose, brother of Pete, was the architect of them!  The Mug 'n Bun on Indy's westside had a decent 'loin until they had new ownership a few years back, and now it's just a flat fritter.  Bubbas 33 on Indy's southside has a tasty tenderloin now.  The Avon location just put one on the menu, but the manager must have a phobia about calling it a "tenderloin."  He calls it a breaded pork sandwich.  I love me some tenderloins!

Did you ever have one at the Ice House on Bluff Road before it closed? It was a favorite in college. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...