Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Frankfort Athletic Program Success

https://www.ftimes.com/common/story.php?ID=4001&hl=Hot-Dog-bowlers-win-conference-crown

Frankfort High School won the girls Wabash Valley South Conference bowling championship on Sunday at Plaza Lanes in Crawfordsville, but they had to put in a little extra work to do it.

“We won the conference championship last year and actually we’ve won it four out of the last five years,” Frankfort coach Cory Gibbons said.

Congratulations to the Hot Dogs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DT said:

Is bowling popular in the Hispanic community?

Western Boone boys  won their sectional Saturday ( My son is on the team). Bowling is getting very popular in high school. You can check out all teams at Indianagobowl.com

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/high-school/2023/01/14/wls-kaplan-frankforts-pillion-win-girls-wrestling-state-titles/69808041007/

Frankfort senior Emma Pillion won the state championship at 113 pounds, getting pinfall wins over Portage's Kaylee Bunton and McCutcheon's Aaliyah McLean and beating Ben Davis' Tola Aluko 11-4 in the quarterfinal and won over Southport's Kyla Johnson 7-3 in the final.

https://www.ftimes.com/news/local-student-wins-wrestling-championship-pillion-s-senior-season-crescendos-into-a-first-place-finish/article_71ab7461-ad94-5425-93ef-6b67e59a81c2.html

Before the celebratory confetti had a chance to settle, Pillion woke up less than 12 hours after her first-place finish in the IHSGW State Finals on Saturday and competed in the Sagamore Conference Tournament where she took home more hardware after she defeated Jacob Anderson from Western Boone by fall for the conference championship.

Edited by Muda69

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Girls wrestling has a long road ahead before being considered a recognized sport or having an IHSAA sanctioned State Tournament. Congrats to her on the Conference win though, there aren't a lot of boy wrestlers small enough to wrestle at 113. Mostly freshmen.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

Lysander... go sit in a corner and think about what you've done !

I daresay that I am an extremely sincere athletic supporter of HS sports, including football, but now find myself troubled by girl's Hot Dog  wrestling (and bowling) or Hot Dog girls' wrestling (I get confused about this grammar stuff...you know me) and bowling.

With that, based on what I'm seeing, I think we immediately need a 2.0 multiplier for girl's Hot Dog wrestling (or Hot Dog girl's wrestling...whichever Strunk and White call for....I defer).  The IHSAA needs to get on this now!

End the unfair girl's Hot Dog wrestling domination now!

Who's with me? 2.0! 2.0!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lysander said:

I daresay that I am an extremely sincere athletic supporter of HS sports, including football, but now find myself troubled by girl's Hot Dog  wrestling (and bowling) or Hot Dog girls' wrestling (I get confused about this grammar stuff...you know me) and bowling.

With that, based on what I'm seeing, I think we immediately need a 2.0 multiplier for girl's Hot Dog wrestling (or Hot Dog girl's wrestling...whichever Strunk and White call for....I defer).  The IHSAA needs to get on this now!

End the unfair girl's Hot Dog wrestling domination now!

Who's with me? 2.0! 2.0!

Those Hot Dog girls teams are evasive.

• Haha 2

Well, Gonzo, not to make light of the subject...and intellectually, some consider me to be one of the great unwashed as regards my opinions and observations, which they often think stinks.

Well, let me say "this about that*", as an unwashed athletic supporter that stinks, and I know we often chafe on some of you,  I just want to be given my proper place at the crux of HS athletics.  The rest of you can take a powder.

*see Richard Milhous Nixon 

Edited by Lysander
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

@Lysander can we assume your wife is out this evening and you’re off the wagon? Again!

As a dirty, unwashed, stinking athletic supporter I take my opinions very seriously as well as my bourbon.

Please leave "she who shall not be named" out of it.....since she's always my designated driver...including to Columbus North tomorrow....and, to my misfortune, picked me up tonight at the KofC (big bingo night for this athletic supporter).

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Girls wrestling has a long road ahead before being considered a recognized sport or having an IHSAA sanctioned State Tournament. Congrats to her on the Conference win though, there aren't a lot of boy wrestlers small enough to wrestle at 113. Mostly freshmen.

Not sure where you have been, but it is closer to becoming an IHSAA sanctioned sport than you think.  It takes one girl to make a team for wrestling.  It is just around the corner.

Boys volleyball came in as an emerging sport at the same time as girls wrestling. Girls wrestling will get there first.  

5 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

It takes one girl to make a team for wrestling.  It is just around the corner.

50% of all schools need to have a team. Last count I saw was 113, it's gonna take awhile. I'm well aware of their emerging sport status. Close only counts in hand grenades and horseshoes.

1 hour ago, Punttheball said:

Not sure where you have been, but it is closer to becoming an IHSAA sanctioned sport than you think.  It takes one girl to make a team for wrestling.  It is just around the corner.

Boys volleyball came in as an emerging sport at the same time as girls wrestling. Girls wrestling will get there first.  

Men’s VB has been ready for several years, women’s wrestling is not. From one of the horse’s mouth.