Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

It looks like another ho hum week of EIAC Football with a couple exciting storylines surfacing as the week unfolds. This week we look at the greatest coach in each program’s history. 

Connersville at Rushville looks to be a tale of programs heading in opposite directions. Sparty is coming off a surprising blowout loss to South Dearborn and Rushville just looks to be struggling. It will be a titanic struggle as the great Marty Brennamen would say with Connersville coming out on top 35-14. Best coach in program history….honestly I know little to nothing about either program so we will go to the great Will Inman who is one of only 3 coaches with a winning record in Connersville history with a record of 27-18 in 1954-1959. As for Rushville many would point to Charles Robbins who from 1956-59 ran off an impressive 22-9 record and remains the only coach in program history with a winning record but I am going with Rocky Alspaugh who had the greatest win in program history when the Lions upset the mighty Trojans in 2013. 

East Central at Batesville has some interesting storylines. Batesville has some deep Trojan ties with their superintendent and new offensive coordinator working together back in the 90s to create an offense that appears to stand the test of time. What’s old is new and that new offense is clicking to the tune of 56 points last week. While the Bulldogs are heading in the right direction unfortunately they run into the Trojan buzz saw this week and get brought back down to earth Trojans 42 Bulldogs 7. Best coaches in program history are easy in this one. For East Central it is the red cowboy wearing, hot Rod Ballart. This could change should Coach Meiners reels in back to back state titles. Coach Heppner tops the list for the Bulldogs with that impressive 148-83 record. 

Franklin County at Lawrenceburg looks to be a war of attrition. The Wildcats and Tigers will have a pretty impressive group of players in street clothes who many picked to be all-conference performers this summer. As for this week I think the Tigers are a little deeper than the Wildcats which allows them and their big QB1 to bring home a W by the score of 35-14. Look for the Stink Town Clown to be running a muck Friday night with all the homecoming festivities going on. I doubt him or his crew make it out of the bar and across US50 for the game. Greatest coach in conference history is Dick Meador from Lawrenceburg. 2 state titles and revolutionized the game by making strength training an integral part of football offseason programs in the state of Indiana. He also has quite the coaching tree. As for FC Kent Grider is an easy pick. A state finals appearance and a 138-66 record and produced multiple NFL players.

South Dearborn at Greensburg The Knights got back on track last week with that big win over Sparty. This week they travel to the Dumpster Fire that is Greensburg with hope of adding more gasoline to that fire. Rand and the boys do just that by lighting up that scoreboard to the tune of 56-7. South Dearborn’s greatest coach and only one with a winning record remains Foster Harris who guided the Knights from 1978-1985 with a record of 38-30. Many have tried since but it seems to be a nearly impossible feat for any coach to have success there. As for Greensburg, it seems that there is a lot of controversy surrounding their current coach and the legacy left by their greatest coach of all time Scott Moore. While at Greensburg Moore ran off an 80-83 record and won 1 of the schools 2 sectional titles. Coach Moore is a respected coach in the area who ran a good program. He is so respected that I hear the students in the Greensburg student section could be heard chanting “we want Moore” Friday night when the Pirates played the Tigers. I am not one to speculate but this could have played a role in the dismissal of an assistant coach this week.

Troyfan - Be careful what you ask for.

As far as Week 5 in the EIAC

Spartans are victorious in the Ville Pillow Fight Championship 

EC wins the Behlmer Bowl 

The Tiggers over the Kittens in the Fight for the Litterbox 

SD beats GB in the Battle of the Blues (Not necessarily talking about School Colors)

• Like 1

Ahh, so the Fan wants to stir the pot this week. Ok then, here ya go....

Connertucky vs Rushtucky

What has historically been the Toilet Bowl will now determine who is the SECOND worse team in the EIAC. I snuck out of the yard last week and went to the game (though I had to sit outside of the fence for reasons I can't disclose) and Flatbill Timberlake may want to consider rejoining the band cuz they are "Bad, Bad, Bad". Although they were 28-18 with the Bulldogs at one point due to some penalties, bad play calls, and a couple of big plays. But I think that may have just been Homecoming hysteria for the Bulldogs. Connertucky wins this one and secures their spot at 3rd from the bottom. 

Both coaches were done before I was born, so I don't know. 

EC vs Bulldogs

First of all, let me just say, the Bulldogs have more wins against East Central than any other team in the EIAC and those came long before we had any East Central transplants so I don't give a damn about any "Trojan ties". That is no disrespect to The Grey Wolfdog or Superphotobomb, just the cold hard facts!

I may be the only Dog on the Grid, unless Triple C gets out of jail (I guess he was found passed out naked on the number 4 fairway at Hillcrest a few days ago) who believes that the Bulldogs can not only compete with mighty EC, but they can beat them! The Bulldogs shock the world with a 38-35 victory over the Trojans and Triple C throws a Toga Kegger at the Country Club!!! 

Greatest Coaches...no brainer. 

FC vs Stinktown

Both teams seem to be injury ridden but fortunately for Stinktown, FC wasn't very good before some of their players went on the IL. The Tigers are riding high in the polls due to last year's success, but that will all change soon and even HondaTiger won't be able to save them. I think SEF's assessment is probably accurate though at 35-14 Tigers. (We'll see ya soon 😉)

Greatest Coaches...I concur. 

SD vs Hondaturd

I LOVE seeing all this turmoil and drama in Honda Land, no one is more deserving. It is hysterical that they are chanting "We want...a guy who has a lifetime losing record". If Little Ralphie is smart he will jump on one of those trains full of Hondas and get the hell outta there as soon as possible! They have no tradition, no culture, no passion and there isn't a coach in the world who could change that...not even Big Ralphie! "Respectable"? I guess the Hondaturd fans prefer a HC who allows his players to skip practice, flip off fans, sling gates into opposing coaches, and yell profanity across the field? SD rolls Hondaturd in a big way this week, and the ship continues to sink! 

Greatest Coaches....Hahaha!!!! Hilarious! 

3 hours ago, Southeast Football Fan said:

It looks like another ho hum week of EIAC Football with a couple exciting storylines surfacing as the week unfolds. This week we look at the greatest coach in each program’s history. 

Connersville at Rushville…….Best coach in program history….honestly I know little to nothing about either program so we will go to the great Will Inman who is one of only 3 coaches with a winning record in Connersville history with a record of 27-18 in 1954-1959. 

The best coach in Connersville HS football history could also be considered one of the best coaches in Indiana HS football history - that would be Russ Radtke.

He stopped at Connersville for a cup of coffee early in his coaching career.  Although it was brief, some folks still talk about him.  Goes to show a coach can actually make a difference….it’s not all Jimmies and Joes.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ManEiaC said:

Troyfan - Be careful what you ask for.

As far as Week 5 in the EIAC

Spartans are victorious in the Ville Pillow Fight Championship 

EC wins the Behlmer Bowl 

The Tiggers over the Kittens in the Fight for the Litterbox 

SD beats GB in the Battle of the Blues (Not necessarily talking about School Colors)

always CarEful but nEvEr afraid, ManEiaC

Behlmer Bowl....😄

4 hours ago, Coffin K9 said:

Ahh, so the Fan wants to stir the pot this week. Ok then, here ya go....

Connertucky vs Rushtucky

What has historically been the Toilet Bowl will now determine who is the SECOND worse team in the EIAC. I snuck out of the yard last week and went to the game (though I had to sit outside of the fence for reasons I can't disclose) and Flatbill Timberlake may want to consider rejoining the band cuz they are "Bad, Bad, Bad". Although they were 28-18 with the Bulldogs at one point due to some penalties, bad play calls, and a couple of big plays. But I think that may have just been Homecoming hysteria for the Bulldogs. Connertucky wins this one and secures their spot at 3rd from the bottom. 

Both coaches were done before I was born, so I don't know. 

EC vs Bulldogs

First of all, let me just say, the Bulldogs have more wins against East Central than any other team in the EIAC and those came long before we had any East Central transplants so I don't give a damn about any "Trojan ties". That is no disrespect to The Grey Wolfdog or Superphotobomb, just the cold hard facts!

I may be the only Dog on the Grid, unless Triple C gets out of jail (I guess he was found passed out naked on the number 4 fairway at Hillcrest a few days ago) who believes that the Bulldogs can not only compete with mighty EC, but they can beat them! The Bulldogs shock the world with a 38-35 victory over the Trojans and Triple C throws a Toga Kegger at the Country Club!!! 

Greatest Coaches...no brainer. 

FC vs Stinktown

Both teams seem to be injury ridden but fortunately for Stinktown, FC wasn't very good before some of their players went on the IL. The Tigers are riding high in the polls due to last year's success, but that will all change soon and even HondaTiger won't be able to save them. I think SEF's assessment is probably accurate though at 35-14 Tigers. (We'll see ya soon 😉)

Greatest Coaches...I concur. 

SD vs Hondaturd

I LOVE seeing all this turmoil and drama in Honda Land, no one is more deserving. It is hysterical that they are chanting "We want...a guy who has a lifetime losing record". If Little Ralphie is smart he will jump on one of those trains full of Hondas and get the hell outta there as soon as possible! They have no tradition, no culture, no passion and there isn't a coach in the world who could change that...not even Big Ralphie! "Respectable"? I guess the Hondaturd fans prefer a HC who allows his players to skip practice, flip off fans, sling gates into opposing coaches, and yell profanity across the field? SD rolls Hondaturd in a big way this week, and the ship continues to sink! 

Greatest Coaches....Hahaha!!!! Hilarious! 

i don't stir k9, it took an STC post to knoCk the dust off my kEyboard

W5

Spartucky vs Stewy....who the ____ cares!  Ahhhh I'll go with Spartucky by 20

Roosterville vs Stinkburg.... FC still trying to figure out who "we are _ _" really means.  Tigers frying some chicken on Friday by 31

KFI vs Puff-Blue-Dragon-Pirates.... KFI gonna make themselves feel like they're the best team in the little EIAC by 48 ( 7-TDs, 3-2pt conv, don't they have a kicker?)

BAD BOYZ vs TROYPUPS.... Troypups are the team to beat in the little EIAC, yet the IHSAA class 3 polls withdrew the love, why? (with all seriousness) There's no doubt them Troypups will be the only EIAC team to give the BAD BOYZ a bit of a challenge, but by Q4 same story, 2nd/3rd string to finish the game clock. Sorry K9, I admire you standing behind your doggies, but not even the old EC playbook (ISO/BUCK/BELLY/POWER/PLUG/WAGGLE) gonna make a difference.  

47 minutes ago, troyfan said:

BAD BOYZ vs TROYPUPS.... Troypups are the team to beat in the little EIAC, yet the IHSAA class 3 polls withdrew the love, why? (with all seriousness) There's no doubt them Troypups will be the only EIAC team to give the BAD BOYZ a bit of a challenge, but by Q4 same story, 2nd/3rd string to finish the game clock. Sorry K9, I admire you standing behind your doggies, but not even the old EC playbook (ISO/BUCK/BELLY/POWER/PLUG/WAGGLE) gonna make a difference.  

I hope everyone in Trojan Land thinks the same thing, it will make our victory that much sweeter! I thought the same thing about the Bulldogs falling off of the 3A Coaches Poll, but obviously those polls aren't very accurate....

Rushville is Rocky Alspaugh.  Winningest coach in school history. Won 1988 South Central Conference as smallest school in the conference (Bloomington North, Bloomington South, Columbus North, Connersville, Martinsville, Rushville, Seymour, Shelbyville).  That team lost to Greenwood in the Sectional. Also had best season in school history at 9-2 in 1993.  That team lost to 5A state champion Bloomington South in regular season and 4A state runner-up East Central in sectional championship.  
Honorable Mention would be Bob Pychinka (won school’s only sectional championship in 1983 coming through the Cluster Buster) and Chuck Robbins. 

31 minutes ago, Coffin K9 said:

I was just giving you a hard time. 

always welcome, and ditto.

29 minutes ago, Coffin K9 said:

I thought the same thing about the Bulldogs falling off of the 3A Coaches Poll, but obviously those polls aren't very accurate....

agreed!

Stinky, Stink, Stink 1.2..3...

so much to talk about in the EIAC!

Glad to see some ol timers back in the saddle

it seems like we got some business to handle!

Connertuckey vs Flat Bill Timberlakes: Sparty travels to Timber Town to get win # 3 on the year. Connertuckey won't like the pregame music much, but they sure will enjoy some Ribeye Steak Sandwiches......dang Stink can smell them all the way here in the burg! Sparty will be hitting Flat Bills all over the field and close the night out by telling them "Rock Your Body" & "Can't Stop The Feeling"

Winner: Connertuckey 49-7

image.png.c151a73cdcfdc1a93aca26f1b6626e89.png

BiG rEd & BlAcK vs Casketnation: Some are acting like this will be a game. Stink is here to burst your bubble. It WON'T be CLOSE! Not at the beginning, not at half, not at all. This in not a knock on K9's pups, those Bad Boyz are just on a different level. It will be interesting to see how the Graydog handles the Trojans rolling into the Pound 1,234 Trojans Deep (Freight Train #'s😀). Graydog I'm sure is sipping on 12 Mt. Dews a day and eating 4 Snickers when he has time to help calm his nerves. Graydog will have something up his sleeve, but it just won't be enough. Graydog will be hard headed and keep trying Buck, ISO, "X" etc. and it just won't work against that Bad Boys "D". So K9 and Graydog will get a wake-up call this week, just like all the other schools on Trojanville's schedule. Stoney Lights FOREVER - Graydog Juice NEVER!!

Winner: Trojanville 56-0

image.png.4941525bc4af061080d0bf994c32ac6e.png

Mardi Gras River Rat Invaders vs Hondburg (turd): What a show this is. What is Little Ralphie doing? I know all of you have read the on Facebook about Little Ralphie getting his pannies in a buch about one of his Coaches talking to the Legendary Coach Cargo Shorts Air Squat King around a campfire by now, what is going on???? Tree Town is not in good shape right now and Stink has reason to believe it's cause of Little Ralphie. Stink and the Crew was in Moore stadium last Friday and it was bad. Heck through the grapevine, it was brought up in Stink Town how good of a Special Teams Coach Little Ralphie was - "clinic tapes, certified IFCA Special Teams speaker of the year (2017 - present) Ha....Little Ralphie got a surprise and a lesson on those as well that night. Enough talk about this beating the INVADERS will put on Little Ralphie....Before Stink goes, just two things.....One - Little Ralphie is a STC Fan, picture to prove it -

image.png.45809401040d5f1390a0caac6a6a1420.png

And what team would you want leading your men to war:

image.png.047bab898bb04379f870f607dac97151.png

or these Mardi Gras Invaders!!!! Easy Answer!

image.png.b624ff1f72181e1acff81406f6e9581c.pngimage.png.aa25a48f5144d5df1de0b703de9ea126.png

Winner: MGRR-INVADERS 58-0 - Beads FOREVER - Bunnies NEVER

Stink needs to Hit a few Stoney Lights then off to Cuddle with a chick I met at Connies! More to come on the Jo Joes vs Stink Town Game tomorrow.

Week 5 in the EIAC, the season is moving along and we have another great slate of games imo! 

Connersville vs Rushville

Much like everyone else has stated this won't be a good football game. I do think Rushville is a better team than their 0-4 record suggest. If you stop #4 for Connersville the Lions have a good chance to win the football game. I think Rushville will pass the ball often as they have a decent passing attack and I don't see Connersville making enough plays on offense.       Lions- 31         Spartans- 20

EC vs Batesville

Hate to break the news to the bulldog faithful but this won't be a game... EC will do what they want. They can pass the ball 40 times or line it up and ran it down their throat all night. They won't have another game until week 9. They would get a better look from their scout team.            Trojans- 48         Bulldogs- 7

FC vs Lawrenceburg 

This is my game of the week in the EIAC. Both are decent football teams who have some injuries at the moment from what I hear. FC is still playing without QB1.  Lawrenceburg is not the tigers of old. They're a "okay" football team but not top 5 in the 3a polls. I think this game will be closer than what people think. I may be wrong but this could be a good game come tournament time. L-Burg likes to run their quick toss. Their big QB would rather run the ball than pass, same as the soph QB for FC. We'll see what STC thinks in the morning after his slumber. I'm going to go with the wildcats to spoil homecoming while Coach K and crew will be at Connies post game trying to get tips and tricks to beat the Bulldogs in week 6😉            Wildcats-27    Tigers- 24

SD vs Greensburg

Greensburg is a bad football team...simple as that. SD and crew will run the scoreboard up this week since they won't get more than 100 total yards of offense next week against the Trojans. Not much more to note for this game. I'm going SD -34 to cover. 

Sparty at Stewytown

This won't be much of a game for anyone other than the parents and grandparents of the players, because no one else really cares. Flatbill gets his boys right this week in the "Battle Of 44" and pulls out the win 35-28. Horses and buggies run amuck through Rushtucky as they get their first win of the season. 

Trojans at Batezville

Speaking of 44, I'll give them credit, their 44 is a dawg. Along with a few others, but they won't be enough. K9, I don't know what the old man is feeding you over there but you need to step away from the table. You can put the Z in Batezville, but you can't take the EC out of the Z! This whole situation is still puzzling to me. After seeing a few games, it's hard to tell who's running the show. It really doesn't matter this week, as the Trojans will dominate in typical fashion. All the hype over this 4-0 face off will turn out to be a huge disappointment. Trojans roll the pups 52-13 (with all of the Bulldogz points coming off of our JV). 

Jo Jo's at Stinktown

I think this could be a much tighter game than some think. Aside from Jo Jo's QB1, I'm not sure who either team has on the injured list so that could be a factor, but I think FC matches up relatively well with Stinktown and could give them a game. In the end, I think the Tigers pull off the win in the pit. I agree, STC will likely be so consumed by lap dances and jello shots that he doesn't even make it to the game. 

KFI at Blue Dragons

Wow...what a dumpster fire (pun intended 🔥) they have going in Hondaburg. I have the feeling that this could be a very bad week for them. Coach Boom has no mercy, and I'm sure little boom needs some big stats, so this game could get out of hand quickly. KFI may beat Hondaburg 120-0 in true river rat fashion! I hear there's already big time turmoil over there so how will the players, parents, and fans react to this potential blowout? It will be interesting to see. Personally, I would love to see Little Ralphie prove them all wrong and turn it around. But I'm not sure he can hang on long enough to make that happen. Realistically KFI wins 64-7 (figuring in 2 point conversions for the rats). 

• Like 1

Good to see all the EC fans writing the Bulldogs off. I wouldn't expect anything less. The Trojans will bring an army, there's no denying that, but you can only play eleven at a time. The two platoon machine won't be an easy battle, but the Bulldogs have conquered them before...and they can do it again. 

Stink, what are you doing in Hondaturd? You weren't there for a campfire were you? I hear that is frowned upon these days! 

Met up with Triple C at Hillcrest last night after his round.  Treated me to a Cuban and all the Pappy I could drink.....money is no object to those Country Club Cowboyz.  Sounds like confidence is high in the Bulldogz camp.  We'll see if they can give the mighty Trojans a game.  Hopefully it is Bulldog BL's all night tonight!  

Triple C is ready for a trip to Connie's next Friday!  

WZcQ2pjYDucBEBWsGq5msDOarAdST4xKcaVb4YklQbTtAO4hdrCDPOs171WnLR_3NIUiPNCuGP1lM_ZkyfgnSCzdS-XtAW-5DISbMpTdL2R6kYEV5gngaKGGCJ5j2sITpJOHUSg6bW2sJTaePerkWwA

K9 you must really be drinkin the juice to believe the pups can beat this  Mighty Trojan Machine. Say 9 or 10 deep? There is no doubt that EC will roll in with an army but that is not regular army, this group is like the special forces and the eleven they put on the field are the elite of the elite...Top Guns!!! You are correct they have done it before however this group of pups have a long way to go to be compared with the Big Dawgs of 2009 led by the Master Dawg Warden.

There is no denying that the Trojans are good. Very good. But c'mon ManEiaC, you act like they are IMG or something. I would agree that the Bulldogs were a different animal under the Master Warden, but we have some players.  

I will always stand with the Bulldogs, no matter what, but I do think we could make it a game. At the end of the day, these are HS kids and anything can happen. It all depends on who shows up for both teams. I hope it is a good game and that the Bulldogs can earn some respect throughout the Conference. Maybe even shock the world. 

True Dogs Forever, Trojan Ballwashers Never!!!