Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider 2023

3 hours ago, BTF said:

Snider wins if they keep they run/pass ratio at 4/1. Too many drives stall as a result of unsuccessful pass plays. "One of four things can happen when you throw the ball, and three of them are bad." Vince Lombardi

Have to keep the defense honest..not sure if they have the scheme to run run n run some more..Carroll has the speed for it..

3 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Snider is going to run the ball down Carroll’s throat. They aren’t going to be able to stop it. Eventually, Carroll will put 9 in the box and the Panthers will beat them deep with the pass

Chargers qb was the panthers downfall last year..quick strikes vs 3 yards and a cloud of dust..

I will give tippy credit for expanding the offensive playbook..if the chargers score more than 21 the panthers may be in trouble..

1 hour ago, Mebuck said:

I am going to go with Snider.

Carroll had its issues with Dwenger. It was close till the 4 Qt and Dwenger's wheels fell off. 

What happened? Conditioning? 

1 hour ago, Justasportsfan said:

Chargers qb was the panthers downfall last year..quick strikes vs 3 yards and a cloud of dust..

Good quarterbacks have roasted Snider in the past. We'll have to wait and see if the DB's are up to the task. 

• Like 1

Very tight win for the Panthers in a game they were very fortunate to win. 2 pick 6’s for Snider was the difference, without those, they lose this game. Coming out of this game, QB play the remainder of the season will determine whether this is a special season for Snider. Buchanan is the real deal, need to be able to throw the ball at times and that wasn’t there tonight. 

29 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Very tight win for the Panthers in a game they were very fortunate to win. 2 pick 6’s for Snider was the difference, without those, they lose this game. Coming out of this game, QB play the remainder of the season will determine whether this is a special season for Snider. Buchanan is the real deal, need to be able to throw the ball at times and that wasn’t there tonight. 

Takeaways:

The two pick-6's were the difference. 

Carroll's defense it good. 

Refs let Carroll get away with SEVERAL holding calls. 

Two good teams. Two equal teams. Both have a shot at Lucas Oil. 

Nice crowd. Estimate: 6000

34 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Dinan is the qb whisperer..ohhh the agony!!!

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Takeaways:

The two pick-6's were the difference. 

Carroll's defense it good. 

Refs let Carroll get away with SEVERAL holding calls. 

Two good teams. Two equal teams. Both have a shot at Lucas Oil. 

Nice crowd. Estimate: 6000

Snider had a few legitimate penalties themselves..I am just glad the spot the refs gave was still short even with it being generous..that safety is a dynamo..

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Yep, Logan is a P5 talent. 

I'm assuming he had the 2 pick sixes. Who is looking at him? 

Goes without saying but Snider would probably be a lock to take 5A if Veezy didn't quit football to focus on his stellar wrestling career. Still, they're clearly the favorite to win 5A. 

2 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Goes without saying but Snider would probably be a lock to take 5A if Veezy didn't quit football to focus on his stellar wrestling career. Still, they're clearly the favorite to win 5A. 

The kiss of death right here for Panther fans. These are teenage kids and you never know what can happen on a Friday/Saturday night. Yes, they are very good this year, but they were the best 5A team last year and lost to Valpo

3 hours ago, Boilernation said:

He had an offer from Iowa before last night. Rumor was that there were some colleges at the game scouting. So who knows after last nights performance. It was impressive to say the least. 

It's hard to replace a kid like Veezy, but I'm not sure the impact of him leaving was as big as some thought it might. 

5 hours ago, Boilernation said:

He committed to Vanderbilt for baseball..Iowa wants him at safety..his dad stated he has been receiving more calls n after last night I can see that phone ringing a little more..yes had the 2 pick sixes n also a couple catches at wr..yes if that fb would have stayed the offense would be on another level..can't fault him though..imho valpo still is the team to beat..19 returning starters wearing blue rings usually bodes well come November..

6 hours ago, psaboy said:

Yep, Logan is a P5 talent. 

sophomore class has a few making their mark as well..cb that made that hit to help seal the win can fly on the track as well 

Saying it now, the gap in the SAC after Snider and Carroll will continue to widen over the next several years. It is pretty big now, it will only get bigger. People need to quit holding out hope that Dwenger, Luers, North Side, or Homestead will put themselves back in the picture soon.  

20 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Saying it now, the gap in the SAC after Snider and Carroll will continue to widen over the next several years. It is pretty big now, it will only get bigger. People need to quit holding out hope that Dwenger, Luers, North Side, or Homestead will put themselves back in the picture soon.  

I am not putting HHS out of the picture.  They have some fantastic kids in their (3) Middle School/feeder programs as of now. 

Should those kids stay in SACS;  I am NOT counting them out on any level to be 1 or 2 in the currently constructed SAC.  

1 hour ago, Yuccaguy said:

I am not putting HHS out of the picture.  They have some fantastic kids in their (3) Middle School/feeder programs as of now. 

Should those kids stay in SACS;  I am NOT counting them out on any level to be 1 or 2 in the currently constructed SAC.  

We shall see, I believe Carroll and Snider have pretty distinct advantages that will enable them to stay ahead of the pack

10 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

I think Homestead will be back in the picture.  They are mostly Sophomores. That QB gave Dwenger fits. 

Remember also Sullivan would be at BD if his dad was still Dwenger's DB coach. 

I believe Carroll will be on the downside after this year. 

Just two years ago Snider was not a contender but they are back. I believe teams reload but every now and than they cycle down for a few years.

19 hours ago, BTF said:

He had an offer from Iowa before last night. Rumor was that there were some colleges at the game scouting. So who knows after last nights performance. It was impressive to say the least. 

It's hard to replace a kid like Veezy, but I'm not sure the impact of him leaving was as big as some thought it might. 

I heard on X that he has peaked interest from ND. I'm sure there were numerous college scouts there for Sullivan. Sure, it would be nice to have Veazy and Buchanan both, but Buchanan has played well and is the top back in SAC, NE Indiana and maybe state. 

23 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I heard on X that he has peaked interest from ND. I'm sure there were numerous college scouts there for Sullivan. Sure, it would be nice to have Veazy and Buchanan both, but Buchanan has played well and is the top back in SAC, NE Indiana and maybe state. 

I was wondering if ND would come calling after Friday nights performance by Logan. The big issue here will be pulling him away from Vanderbilt baseball. Good luck with that.

And I agree, it was a good opportunity for Buchanan to showcase himself. It's hard for a first year starter to burst into the recruiting scene their senior year. I get it, they all wonder why he wasn't starting as a sophomore or a junior. Snider typically has a good pipeline of running backs, and the nod will more times than not go to the senior. Buchanan was good last year, Snider fans knew that, which was why there was so much excitement for that kid coming into this year. He just didn't have eye popping numbers as a junior since he was RB2. I think he has the size to be a power five back. He reads his blocks, finds the hole, and can take a hit. Pretty good speed too. At the absolute minimum, he's 1-AA. He can for sure play at the MAC level of D1. 

6 hours ago, Mebuck said:

I think Homestead will be back in the picture.  They are mostly Sophomores. That QB gave Dwenger fits. 

Remember also Sullivan would be at BD if his dad was still Dwenger's DB coach. 

I believe Carroll will be on the downside after this year. 

Just two years ago Snider was not a contender but they are back. I believe teams reload but every now and than they cycle down for a few years.

Carroll on the downside after this year? You do realize their QB is back next year, right? 3 year starter at that point, D1 talent. Their feeder schools have a constant flow of talent. Very doubtful

Snider had 1 down year out of how many, 15?

Dwenger, even with Sullivan, would not be a contender. That talent pool is thin right now and has been for a few years

The Spartan QB and offense that was shutout by Noblesville 42-0, that gave Dwenger fits? Uh, ok….Let’s see what the Spartans do against Snider and Carroll before telling me they are dangerous