Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A North,

11 hours ago, Lysander said:

Yeah…on that crazy Facebook page some Dad was talking about how Northwood was going to take East Central apart at LOS just a couple of weeks ago,

Facebook and Twitter (won't refer to it by the stupid new name) are where the idiots go to play. No 4A defense will be capable of stopping East Central in perfect weather (LOS). The North's only chance, IMO, is if someone like New Haven makes it and Mylan Graham has a field day, which he is easily capable of after watching him play. Still, complete long shot though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

Facebook and Twitter (won't refer to it by the stupid new name) are where the idiots go to play. No 4A defense will be capable of stopping East Central in perfect weather (LOS). The North's only chance, IMO, is if someone like New Haven makes it and Mylan Graham has a field day, which he is easily capable of after watching him play. Still, complete long shot though.

New Haven has some absolute freakish athletes and if they get to Lucas Oil on the turf, forget about it cuz it’s a wrap. Having said that, not sure their defense is going to hold up on the way to Lucas Oil. The defense is OK at best and they will be in some shootouts that can go either way

3 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

New Haven has some absolute freakish athletes and if they get to Lucas Oil on the turf, forget about it cuz it’s a wrap. Having said that, not sure their defense is going to hold up on the way to Lucas Oil. The defense is OK at best and they will be in some shootouts that can go either way

Would it be fair to refer to the Bulldogs as Fort Wayne New Haven since half the players are from Fort Wayne? 

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

Would it be fair to refer to the Bulldogs as Fort Wayne New Haven since half the players are from Fort Wayne? 

Only when the SAC reconfigures after the NE8 gets tired of getting it handed to them by the Bulldogs in a few seasons.

I can think of another "purple" EACS school that also may fit that bill soon with the NE8.

Welcome:  Angola to the NE7?    

36 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Only when the SAC reconfigures after the NE8 gets tired of getting it handed to them by the Bulldogs in a few seasons.

I can think of another "purple" EACS school that also may fit that bill soon with the NE8.

Welcome:  Angola to the NE7?    

You might be right though you could be referring to another purple school, Leo

On 8/25/2023 at 8:43 AM, SAC_Coach said:

You may be right, you may be wrong long term. But do you realize by simply plugging them into that Sectional based on current Sagrin ratings Dwenger is the highest rated team. 

Dwenger would be the favorite to anyone who is being honest.  Having said that, they could EASILY lose.  The issue for the NE8 is going to be the psychological hurdle and line play.  

13 hours ago, BTF said:

The winner of Sectional 19 will be someone from NE8. 

I can’t say I disagree.  I’m just saying if you’re picking a “favorite” they’d likely be the one.  However, I think it will be either New Haven or Leo. (If I was forced to pick right now)

32 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

Dwenger would be the favorite to anyone who is being honest.  Having said that, they could EASILY lose.  The issue for the NE8 is going to be the psychological hurdle and line play.  

I can’t say I disagree.  I’m just saying if you’re picking a “favorite” they’d likely be the one.  However, I think it will be either New Haven or Leo. (If I was forced to pick right now)

Wrong, Dwenger would not be favored against Leo, New Haven, or East Noble. Matter of fact, Dwenger would lose by double digits against any of those 3 teams this year

20 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Not a wrap. East Central is the heavy favorite. 

2 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Not a wrap. East Central is the heavy favorite. 

East Central is great apparently, but you can’t teach or catch speed. EC hasn’t seen anyone like New Haven with 6A talent and speed to burn. First, I am not convinced New Haven will get to state, they will be playing shootouts the further they go in the playoffs and those can go either way. Second, ask other teams about speed. Perfect example, Snider played New Palestine in 2016 and literally everyone anointed New Pal as state champions long before the tournament began. Then they played Snider and found out what real speed was and lost 64-61 in an all-time great game. You get that kind of speed indoors and it is literally a different game than what is played outdoors in inclement, cold weather

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

East Central is great apparently, but you can’t teach or catch speed. EC hasn’t seen anyone like New Haven with 6A talent and speed to burn. First, I am not convinced New Haven will get to state, they will be playing shootouts the further they go in the playoffs and those can go either way. Second, ask other teams about speed. Perfect example, Snider played New Palestine in 2016 and literally everyone anointed New Pal as state champions long before the tournament began. Then they played Snider and found out what real speed was and lost 64-61 in an all-time great game. You get that kind of speed indoors and it is literally a different game than what is played outdoors in inclement, cold weather

I hate to speak an absolutes, but I’m sorry…

You can’t in one breath question, a teams ability to get to state, and then, in the next sentence claim they are a serious threat to East Central, lol.

(Furthermore, Ringer of East Central could possibly be the fastest player on the field in a potential New Haven/East Central matchup at Lucas Oil.)

Just stop.

18 minutes ago, temptation said:

You can’t in one breath question, a teams ability to get to state, and then, in the next sentence claim they are a serious threat to East Central, lol.

(Furthermore, Ringer of East Central could possibly be the fastest player on the field in a potential New Haven/East Central matchup at Lucas Oil.)

Just stop.

If Center Grove beats Ben Davis and wins state and East Central wins state, maybe by a score of 35-7, some East Central fans are going to say they are the best team in the state because they beat Moeller by more points than Center Grove.  New Haven is good, but I don't think New Haven will make it to state.

16 minutes ago, temptation said:

Just stop.

He'll answer for himself I'm sure. But I think he's just trying to say that New Haven would be a different team in 70 degree weather, on turf, and no wind. Weather elements in November can have a major impact on whether or not a team even reaches Lucas Oil. If they play a someone with a good defense and good ground game in a rain or snow storm, it's probably all over for the Bulldogs. Some teams are just built for November.............see Valpo 2022. 

That being said, I have East Central as a heavy favorite win state. But if anyone can make it interesting in a perfect weather environment, I think it could be New Haven. I might evenbet a lunch that New Haven would win (for the fun of it), but that would be about it. But I'm predicting they fall victim to regional or semi-state weather elements since the pass game is a big part of what they do. 

3 minutes ago, Tippy said:

If Center Grove beats Ben Davis and wins state and East Central wins state, maybe by a score of 35-7, some East Central fans are going to say they are the best team in the state because they beat Moeller by more points than Center Grove.  New Haven is good, but I don't think New Haven will make it to state.

Would they be wrong? They could make that claim and not one 6A team could make a great case against it. Unfortunately, we'll never find out. However, 6A is a total grind, the winner will ALWAYS be given credit as the best team in the state......fair or not. 

31 minutes ago, BTF said:

He'll answer for himself I'm sure. But I think he's just trying to say that New Haven would be a different team in 70 degree weather, on turf, and no wind. Weather elements in November can have a major impact on whether or not a team even reaches Lucas Oil. If they play a someone with a good defense and good ground game in a rain or snow storm, it's probably all over for the Bulldogs. Some teams are just built for November.............see Valpo 2022. 

That being said, I have East Central as a heavy favorite win state. But if anyone can make it interesting in a perfect weather environment, I think it could be New Haven. I might evenbet a lunch that New Haven would win (for the fun of it), but that would be about it. But I'm predicting they fall victim to regional or semi-state weather elements since the pass game is a big part of what they do. 

Ah, so they are the Indiana high school version of Ohio State…a good dome team.

Great teams are not one dimensional and can adapt their game plan to fit all elements…so in essence you are telling me New Haven is not a great team.

Edited by temptation

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

Ah, so they are the Indiana high school version of Ohio State…a good dome team.

Great teams are not one dimensional and can adapt their game plan to fit all elements…so in essence you are telling me New Haven is not a great team.

I think it's too early to dub New Haven as a great team, they're kind of new to this. They are a "wait and see." I think a great team can be one dimensional offensively. For instance........good pass game, bad run game, good defense. If weather didn't have an impact on great teams, why bother playing the championship under roof? Without doing the research, I'm guessing that the last several Super Bowls and College Football Championships were played in a stadium with a roof option. No one wants to decide an important game in rain or snow. 

Temp........we're just saying that New Haven would be entertaining to watch in a perfect weather environment. Maybe they'd still lose to East Central by 35. Again, they are a "wait and see."

27 minutes ago, BTF said:

I think it's too early to dub New Haven as a great team, they're kind of new to this. They are a "wait and see." I think a great team can be one dimensional offensively. For instance........good pass game, bad run game, good defense. If weather didn't have an impact on great teams, why bother playing the championship under roof? Without doing the research, I'm guessing that the last several Super Bowls and College Football Championships were played in a stadium with a roof option. No one wants to decide an important game in rain or snow. 

Temp........we're just saying that New Haven would be entertaining to watch in a perfect weather environment. Maybe they'd still lose to East Central by 35. Again, they are a "wait and see."

I‘m really just more alarmed at the lack of respect for what the East Central program is at this point.  Not sure what else they can do save for scheduling 6A schools and more out of state powers to prove to folks that they are worthy of being in the discussion for best team in the state REGARDLESS of class.  That’s where I am.

No disrespect intended for New Haven (or anyone else for that matter) and I’m not saying folks need to bow down to East Central but these hypotheticals (I know that is what message boards are all about) about weather/prefect conditions and their effect on a potential game are an exercise in futility.

You tried making some sort of logistical argument about speed on turf vs grass earlier in a thread about Penn I believe and just talked yourself in circles.  

Football is an imperfect game.  I’m fully on board with @Rodney.

Edited by temptation

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

I‘m really just more alarmed at the lack of respect for what the East Central program is at this point.  Not sure what else they can do save for scheduling 6A schools and more out of state powers to prove to folks that they are worthy of being in the discussion for best team in the state REGARDLESS of class.  That’s where I am.

No disrespect intended for New Haven (or anyone else for that matter) and I’m not saying folks need to bow down to East Central but these hypotheticals (I know that is what message boards are all about) about weather/prefect conditions and their effect on a potential game are an exercise in futility.

You tried making some sort of logistical argument about speed on turf vs grass earlier in a thread about Penn I believe and just talked yourself in circles.  

Football is an imperfect game.

Lol, not sure how I talked myself in circles. If I'm New Haven, I want to play my opponents on turf. If I'm Penn, I want to play my opponents on grass. Penn vs New Haven would be a perfect example this year. Penn wins on grass, New Haven wins on turf. I sincerely believe that. 

I guess you'll have to ask Komets if he's downplaying East Central. Personally, I think they have to be in the conversation for best team in the state. But a 6A school will normally get that recognition by default. 

Comparing two teams by how they played against similar opponents isn't the end all be all, but it's a decent way to start. 

8 minutes ago, BTF said:

Lol, not sure how I talked myself in circles. If I'm New Haven, I want to play my opponents on turf. If I'm Penn, I want to play my opponents on grass. Penn vs New Haven would be a perfect example this year. Penn wins on grass, New Haven wins on turf. I sincerely believe that. 

I guess you'll have to ask Komets if he's downplaying East Central. Personally, I think they have to be in the conversation for best team in the state. But a 6A school will normally get that recognition by default. 

Comparing two teams by how they played against similar opponents isn't the end all be all, but it's a decent way to start. 

LOL, c’mon.

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

I think you’re taking the “football is a game of inches” idiom a little too seriously.

I'd argue under certain circumstances that it's more than a game of inches. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

But we can both agree that East Central is a heavy favorite. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Just stop.

Thank you! I was floored when I just read that reply. And I'm not sure he realizes East Central has already absolutely dominanted a Division 1 Ohio historical power that is lightyears better than New Haven. Yes, I fully believe Mylan Graham could put up huge numbers in late November in LOS. But, it's still a team game. And Graham to succeed he'll still need his OL and QB to handle East Central's front 7 and New Haven's D to handle the speed of two D1 recruits on East Central's offense. 

I think sometimes people confuse East Central as being a small rural community. They're essentially a rural Suburban area of Cincinnati and we'd all agree HS football in Cincinnati is very good.

Irregardless, still a LONG way to go for New Haven to get to LOS.

Edited by Boilernation
  • Like 1