Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A North,

47 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Thank you! I was floored when I just read that reply. And I'm not sure he realizes East Central has already absolutely dominanted a Division 1 Ohio historical power that is lightyears better than New Haven. Yes, I fully believe Mylan Graham could put up huge numbers in late November in LOS. But, it's still a team game. And Graham to succeed he'll still need his OL and QB to handle East Central's front 7 and New Haven's D to handle the speed of two D1 recruits on East Central's offense. 

I think sometimes people confuse East Central as being a small rural community. They're essentially a rural Suburban area of Cincinnati and we'd all agree HS football in Cincinnati is very good.

Irregardless, still a LONG way to go for New Haven to get to LOS.

Great point that I hadn’t considered.

St. Leon is basically the same distance from Cincinnati as Westfield is from Indianapolis.

7 hours ago, temptation said:

I hate to speak an absolutes, but I’m sorry…

You can’t in one breath question, a teams ability to get to state, and then, in the next sentence claim they are a serious threat to East Central, lol.

(Furthermore, Ringer of East Central could possibly be the fastest player on the field in a potential New Haven/East Central matchup at Lucas Oil.)

Just stop.

What makes you the “absolute expert” on all things Indiana High School Football? Your opinion is all knowing and nobody else knows anything? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and doesn’t have to agree with yours. Unless you are a person who was sent back in time and already knows the result of what is going to happen, your statements are no more valid than mine. If memory serves me correctly, you were part of the all knowing community who threw their support on how nobody had a chance to beat New Palestine in 2015, maybe it was 2016, against Snider. History shows that 99% of you were wrong… Just sayin…

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, temptation said:

I‘m really just more alarmed at the lack of respect for what the East Central program is at this point.  Not sure what else they can do save for scheduling 6A schools and more out of state powers to prove to folks that they are worthy of being in the discussion for best team in the state REGARDLESS of class.  That’s where I am.

No disrespect intended for New Haven (or anyone else for that matter) and I’m not saying folks need to bow down to East Central but these hypotheticals (I know that is what message boards are all about) about weather/prefect conditions and their effect on a potential game are an exercise in futility.

You tried making some sort of logistical argument about speed on turf vs grass earlier in a thread about Penn I believe and just talked yourself in circles.  

Football is an imperfect game.  I’m fully on board with @Rodney.

Wow! One of the sillier arguments you have put forth yet. Speed on indoor turf kills, been proven over and over again. Go watch any of the Bishop Luers games when they get to state and tell me again how speed doesn’t matter. Go watch the Concordia state title game a few years ago and tell me that speed doesn’t matter. Heck, go watch the state title game when Snider played I believe Lawrence Central, or maybe North, can’t remember, and speed on the turf killed Snider. Watch any of the Penn games against Indy schools and tell me speed didn’t matter. 

11 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

East Central is great apparently, but you can’t teach or catch speed. EC hasn’t seen anyone like New Haven with 6A talent and speed to burn. First, I am not convinced New Haven will get to state, they will be playing shootouts the further they go in the playoffs and those can go either way. Second, ask other teams about speed. Perfect example, Snider played New Palestine in 2016 and literally everyone anointed New Pal as state champions long before the tournament began. Then they played Snider and found out what real speed was and lost 64-61 in an all-time great game. You get that kind of speed indoors and it is literally a different game than what is played outdoors in inclement, cold weather

Also agree great game very fun

I was blacked out for most of it but if memory recalls new pal slung about 6 deep balls for touchdowns. So I'm not sure I would declare snider Victors based on speed alone

And let's not begin to talk about comparing new haven to 2015 snider

You could give new haven all their players over the last 10 years and they couldnt beat 2015 snider

8 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

What makes you the “absolute expert” on all things Indiana High School Football? Your opinion is all knowing and nobody else knows anything? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and doesn’t have to agree with yours. Unless you are a person who was sent back in time and already knows the result of what is going to happen, your statements are no more valid than mine. If memory serves me correctly, you were part of the all knowing community who threw their support on how nobody had a chance to beat New Palestine in 2015, maybe it was 2016, against Snider. History shows that 99% of you were wrong… Just sayin…

Your memory is not serving you correctly.

On 9/16/2023 at 6:34 PM, OldschoolFB said:

I can’t say I disagree.  I’m just saying if you’re picking a “favorite” they’d likely be the one.  However, I think it will be either New Haven or Leo. (If I was forced to pick right now)

Well, I'll disagree for you...Dwenger would NOT be considered a favorite right now.  Yes their line play is good but I just don't see them being able to guard the athletes of a New Haven or Leo for 4 quarters, Columbia City has yet to prove themselves against a quality opponent so I would, without hesitation, put them over CC.  They could score on the likes of New Haven's defense somewhat consistently but there's no way they win a shoot out.  They would, I think, fair better against a Leo and East Noble due to that fact of similar styles but even then I think they are going to be a slight underdog.

9 hours ago, Rodney said:

@temptation

Glad to hear you're fully on board that there is no real football north of fort wayne

Now what are your opinions on the fair catch, pass interference, the curvature of the earth and 1a football

You promised us Rodney's Weekly Hot Takes. The suspense is killing me. 

5 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

EC ain’t getting touched this year in 4A. Only victories teams will have against the Trojans are moral ones for not getting the running clock put on them. 

11 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Wow! One of the sillier arguments you have put forth yet. Speed on indoor turf kills, been proven over and over again. Go watch any of the Bishop Luers games when they get to state and tell me again how speed doesn’t matter. Go watch the Concordia state title game a few years ago and tell me that speed doesn’t matter. Heck, go watch the state title game when Snider played I believe Lawrence Central, or maybe North, can’t remember, and speed on the turf killed Snider. Watch any of the Penn games against Indy schools and tell me speed didn’t matter. 

Never said it didn't matter...but the difference between grass and turf is minmial.

Also, anyone willing to debate me on the fact that even IF I concede that speed could be a neutralizer that Ringer of East Central is still faster than anyone New Haven (or anyone else in this discussion) would put on the field?

https://indiana.tfrrs.org/athletes/8458858/East_Central/Josh_Ringer.html

Edited by temptation

20 hours ago, temptation said:

Never said it didn't matter...but the difference between grass and turf is minmial.

Also, anyone willing to debate me on the fact that even IF I concede that speed could be a neutralizer that Ringer of East Central is still faster than anyone New Haven (or anyone else in this discussion) would put on the field?

https://indiana.tfrrs.org/athletes/8458858/East_Central/Josh_Ringer.html

I, without any hesitation or doubt, would say Graham is faster, but he is probably the only one of New Havens bevy of athletes that is.

On 9/18/2023 at 7:41 AM, NE8_Fan said:

Well, I'll disagree for you...Dwenger would NOT be considered a favorite right now.  Yes their line play is good but I just don't see them being able to guard the athletes of a New Haven or Leo for 4 quarters, Columbia City has yet to prove themselves against a quality opponent so I would, without hesitation, put them over CC.  They could score on the likes of New Haven's defense somewhat consistently but there's no way they win a shoot out.  They would, I think, fair better against a Leo and East Noble due to that fact of similar styles but even then I think they are going to be a slight underdog.

We will see.  I don’t think Dwenger has it either but you’re underestimating the advantage Dwenger has in the trenches.  
Having said that, now is the time for the NE8 to pounce on Dwenger.  They won’t be down forever(unless this current coach stays forever) and even if the current staff stays on for a while, they have talent in upcoming classes that can carry them past most 4A schools regardless of their current leadership. 

1 hour ago, OldschoolFB said:

We will see.  I don’t think Dwenger has it either but you’re underestimating the advantage Dwenger has in the trenches.  
Having said that, now is the time for the NE8 to pounce on Dwenger.  They won’t be down forever(unless this current coach stays forever) and even if the current staff stays on for a while, they have talent in upcoming classes that can carry them past most 4A schools regardless of their current leadership. 

Could be some nice battles between BD and East Noble in the coming years as East Noble has some REALLY good talent coming up too.  Sectional 19 could become the premiere sectional in the north in a few years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldschoolFB said:

Yikes.  Tell us what you really think. 😄

As an EC grad from the late 90s, they have done a lot to improve the strength of schedule. Back then we used to just play the EIAC teams, Harrison (Ohio) then another random team or two. Being based in far SE Indiana, we were always the biggest school in the area so I don't think we got as much recognition because we were beating smaller schools and not playing teams from Indy unless it was in semi-state. Over the years they have been trying to add more Ohio teams or some Indy teams like Geurin, Roncalli and Chatard. I think that has helped finally put the program on the radar for people throughout the state.

I think they will continue to roll teams this year and win state again. I'm curious to see how things will look going forward though. I live in Indy now but have relatives on the team/coaching staff. I had been told a while back that this senior class was probably the best class the school has ever had. I also heard that they will be losing several coaches next year at various levels that have been with the program for a while but will be moving on. I'm sure they will continue to dominate the EIAC but they might be down for a couple of years (by EC standards).

• Like 1