Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A #1 Chatard @ 3A #2 Guerin

7 minutes ago, Boiler Boog said:

I graduated from East Central in 2000. Still have some family members on the coaching staff and the team. So what still follow them. When I graduated from college I moved to Carmel. Started coaching CYO when my son was in 3rd grade and moved up every year with him through 8th grade last year. So I’ve seen pretty much all the Indy CYO teams a few times. Barnabas and St. Mike were the two dominant teams in our age. All the Barnabas kids go to Roncalli and apparently most of the St Mike kids went to Chatard this year. Barnabas also had a good class the year above my son along with St Roch being pretty good. So I’d expect Roncalli to have some pretty good classes and Chatard to be really strong. Trust me, when the current freshmen are seniors, Chatard will have a Mr. Football candidate at running back.

So that’s how I ended up as a dual East Central/Northside Catholic School guy.

There is already a lot of excitement with regard to the freshman RB. Some are saying he could be playing on Friday nights. Chalk one up for the highly paid recruiting department (joking!!). There are also 47 other freshman on the team (they started with 52) that the coaches are talking about. Apparently they have 21 different starters. That is a deep squad. 

You guys are definitely deep on the freshman team. I had some pretty solid players I coached in CYO on that team that aren’t even able to see the field because of how good the starters are. From what I know they are really deep at QB too. They also have a lineman from St. matthews. (not sure if he is playing O or D) who gave us nightmares last year. I joked with one of the dads of a kid I coached on the freshman team and told him his son might be a part of a state championship team every year he is in high school.

As for you running back, the kid has everything. His speed is ridiculous and he breaks a million tackles a game but the thing that always impressed me about him was his vision and his cutbacks. He’s a threat to take it to the house every time he touches it. 

Edited by Boiler Boog

7 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

So both teams losing did in fact almost happen?

Oh, you must be in the wrong thread.. Byt to answer your question, yes, Heritage Hills and Gibson Southern both nearly lost. Unfortunately only one of them could get the upset and ruin the others season. Thanks for stopping by.

Just now, Just a dad said:

Oh, you must be in the wrong thread.. Byt to answer your question, yes, Heritage Hills and Gibson Southern both nearly lost. Unfortunately only one of them could get the upset and ruin the others season. Thanks for stopping by.

I probably saw as many Chatard games as you last season bro 🤣 

1 minute ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Wouldn't go that far. Roncalli has always been my darling.

SW Indiana will see you at the state finals, bro.

That’s kind of how it works. North vs South. Not sure Roncalli is going to make it but I hope they do. Unfortunately 4A plays on Saturday this year and 3A plays on Friday. Looks like we are going to miss each other. I’ll promise to be sad when I look aroud and can’t find you.

10 hours ago, Boiler Boog said:

I graduated from East Central in 2000. Still have some family members on the coaching staff and the team. So what still follow them. When I graduated from college I moved to Carmel. Started coaching CYO when my son was in 3rd grade and moved up every year with him through 8th grade last year. So I’ve seen pretty much all the Indy CYO teams a few times. Barnabas and St. Mike were the two dominant teams in our age. All the Barnabas kids go to Roncalli and apparently most of the St Mike kids went to Chatard this year. Barnabas also had a good class the year above my son along with St Roch being pretty good. So I’d expect Roncalli to have some pretty good classes and Chatard to be really strong. Trust me, when the current freshmen are seniors, Chatard will have a Mr. Football candidate at running back.

So that’s how I ended up as a dual East Central/Northside Catholic School guy.

Nice to meet you.  Myself - EIAC Champs in ‘77 via the now defunct Brookville HS Greyhounds (probably never going to fully sign on to a team named Wildcats carrying the blue and white of hated KY).  I still cheer for the EIAC teams through playoffs…although I spent a lot of time nursing wounds from Dick Meador teams back in the day.  Indianapolis via Butler and Chatard via marrying a Catholic girl from Brookville….add a lot of CYO coaching along the way as well.  That said, I do wish the folks back home had a little more tolerance for us “cheatin’ Catholics”.  

Edited by Lysander

15 minutes ago, temptation said:

What’s the extent of the Chatard QB injury?

Probably too soon to know but with the meat of their schedule mostly behind them it wouldn’t be shocking for them to be very cautious with his return to play. The sophomore who replaced him wasn’t too bad especially having taken probably zero snaps during the prep week. Should be interesting to see how they coach him up and develop a game plan specifically or his skills if they choose to give the starter a week or two to recover.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just a dad said:

Probably too soon to know but with the meat of their schedule mostly behind them it wouldn’t be shocking for them to be very cautious with his return to play. The sophomore who replaced him wasn’t too bad especially having taken probably zero snaps during the prep week. Should be interesting to see how they coach him up and develop a game plan specifically or his skills if they choose to give the starter a week or two to recover.

Love the avatar.

19 hours ago, Boiler Boog said:

4 players from last year's St. Michael team went to Chatard. The rest went to Cardinal Ritter. 

Can we all stop talking about where all of these Catholic school kids are going? I was on the monthly recruiting call with the Pope and he said that the IHSAA was asking for more money to “fix” the rules in our favor. The Pontiff said that we need to keep it down in order to still be allowed to run “Operation Screw the Publics”. He wanted to thank all of you for your hard work and asked that you keep it up. Soon he believes the IHSAA will accept our proposal to be able to play with 12 players on each side of the ball and have our touchdowns count as 10 points. Thanks again for all that you do

• Haha 1

Curious, I know there are some Roncalli and Brebeuf guys floating around here, just how did that Brebeuf/Roncalli game go down?  I was pretty surprised by that one….and didn’t even catch it until just this morning.

As to Chatard, yeah, there’s a few nicks, bumps and bruises but hopefully everyone will eventually come around come playoff time.

BTW, good to see a @Cyoguru post.  It’s almost as rare a TW sighting these days.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Just a dad said:

Can we all stop talking about where all of these Catholic school kids are going? I was on the monthly recruiting call with the Pope and he said that the IHSAA was asking for more money to “fix” the rules in our favor. The Pontiff said that we need to keep it down in order to still be allowed to run “Operation Screw the Publics”. He wanted to thank all of you for your hard work and asked that you keep it up. Soon he believes the IHSAA will accept our proposal to be able to play with 12 players on each side of the ball and have our touchdowns count as 10 points. Thanks again for all that you do

Are you 1 of those 'toxic bullies' on this site the dude is whining about on the HS facebook page?

• Haha 1