• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 
Sign in to follow this  
mcgoo45

Bill Belichick

No Brady, No Gronk, No Nickovich, traded away best pass rusher (C. Jones), Make-shift o-line and none of it matters as long as Belichick is on the sideline.

I hate the Patriots, but the distance between their coach and everyone else is a chasm that makes the Grand Canyon look small.  That dude is freakin' unbelievable. 

• Upvote 3

He's the best and there's nobody else in the league even close. Especially when he has extra time to prepare. It's also important to note how good his coordinators are and how well they all work together to build a winning culture and game plans.

#InBillWeTrust

In modern day NFL, its all about the culture you create, that is his greatest achievement in my opinion.  To a man those Pats are all on the same page, when you are not, you get cut, he has made enough examples out of fringe players the stars stay straight.  Like any organization they have had their share of issues as no organization is completely immune to some of those items, but his ability to create that culture of selflessness and back it up by winning, it is truly fun to watch, much respect indeed.  

Besides his utilization of his roster, I think a lot of his success is due to his alternative thinking.  Everyone touts the NFL as a copy cat league, but he doesn't.  The small things like not giving a team a touch back on kick offs.  Since the rule change, he makes the other team return the kick, the putting the right personal on the coverage team, usually creating a longer field for the receiving team.  That is just one of many examples, loved seeing Vrable lined up at tight end back in the day.  I figured Houston would try that with Watt, he has tight end experience at the college level.  I guess NFL coaches are always so "on the bubble", they're afraid to try something unconventional .  I doubt anyone in the Patriots organization would question any of their coach's decision, no matter how absurd it sounds.  Success makes things easier in that case.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Herbemont said:

Besides his utilization of his roster, I think a lot of his success is due to his alternative thinking.  Everyone touts the NFL as a copy cat league, but he doesn't.  The small things like not giving a team a touch back on kick offs.  Since the rule change, he makes the other team return the kick, the putting the right personal on the coverage team, usually creating a longer field for the receiving team.  That is just one of many examples, loved seeing Vrable lined up at tight end back in the day.  I figured Houston would try that with Watt, he has tight end experience at the college level.  I guess NFL coaches are always so "on the bubble", they're afraid to try something unconventional .  I doubt anyone in the Patriots organization would question any of their coach's decision, no matter how absurd it sounds.  Success makes things easier in that case.

Got to give the man credit where credit is due. 

1 hour ago, scat said:

NFL network must see- A football Life Bill Belichick

Agreed, but perhaps even better is the "Do Your Job" special that they did on the 2014 Patriot team. You can find it on YouTube, well worth the 43 minutes

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, scat said:

NFL network must see- A football Life Bill Belichick

20 hours ago, FishDuck said:

Agreed, but perhaps even better is the "Do Your Job" special that they did on the 2014 Patriot team. You can find it on YouTube, well worth the 43 minutes

Correct on both accounts.  

20 hours ago, FishDuck said:

If I had a penny for every time I said that phrase at practice....well, I would have a LOT of pennies.

• Upvote 2

He is a Johns Hopkins lacrosse fan like myself. Plus he has a Michigan Quarterback. What's not to like? Maybe he can take over my 49ers.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 2:08 PM, FishDuck said:

Watched "Do Your Job" last night, very good.  Don't like the Patriots because they have taken care of the Colts but got to respect them.

On 9/15/2016 at 8:49 AM, FishDuck said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/15/bill-belichick-says-short-kickoff-strategy-helped-the-patriots-win/

Here's a good example of his forward thinking and fully understanding the situation...Chuck Pagano take note

Couldn't have said it better.  Colts/Lions game, 37 seconds left, Colts kick a touch back.  Put that ball on the ground and get the clock moving,no matter how little time it eats up.  Colt's pitiful pass defense had Stafford looking like an All Pro all day it, wasn't gonna change on that drive.