Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Indy Lutheran Legitimacy

7 minutes ago, BTF said:

What's stupid about giving Adams Central credit for being a very good team this year? You're feelings are hurt because you can't fathom the idea that this AC team could be competitive or even beat the good LCC teams of the past. I'm not going to retract on my opinion that this is an above average state championship caliber 1A program. 

Maybe LCC in 2015 or 2019, but not the four-peats in 2009-2012 and probably not the 1999 or 1976 teams.

Incidentally, I believe that @BendNotBreak and others responded skeptically to your post about the current AC team winning in 90% of the 1A championship games over the years, not that the current AC team isn't competitive or above average.  No one is saying anything bad about the current AC team in their own right.  There is, however, a difference in being an above average championship team, which typically tends to get you to LOS, and being a team that could claim to be classified as the top 5 out of 50 teams in the last 50 years.  You might be able to make a claim of top 10 out of 50, pending the results of this season, but top five looking at the 2009-2012 LCC teams, that monster Pioneer 2018 squad, and the likes of the Sheridan squads in the 2005-2007 seasons and also the 1998 squad is not that likely a feat.  Matter of fact, I'd even contend that there are some squads that didn't make it to LOS that would be in the running for top squads.  That Pioneer squad from 2009 and the Sheridan squad from 2011 were probably the second best teams in 1A in those respective years that never even made it to LOS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After seeing the semi state from Lutheran and North Decatur last year, Lutheran is good but nothing special. They were able to make some big plays that could not have been, but North was the same. I'll say that Lutheran was not ready for North the first half. North is like Lutheran as they can draw from other nearby schools. Now with that, you maybe getting 3A students for North and possibly 3-6A students for Lutheran? This is where the disadvantage is more than likely coming from. Proud parents that dont want their kids to play for a crappy higher class and want the stigma to say "my child was on a state team" i fell is whats happening. Then again i may be wrong all together. You can only ride high for so long, until you hit the bottom. 

14 minutes ago, coachkj said:

You mean the coaches and players sharing the same restroom as the fans at halftime?

We gonna turn this into a "not only does Lutheran not have built in advantages but they ACTUALLY has many disadvantages" type of thread?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Kill me now 1

16 hours ago, foxbat said:

Maybe LCC in 2015 or 2019, but not the four-peats in 2009-2012 and probably not the 1999 or 1976 teams.

Incidentally, I believe that @BendNotBreak and others responded skeptically to your post about the current AC team winning in 90% of the 1A championship games over the years, not that the current AC team isn't competitive or above average.  No one is saying anything bad about the current AC team in their own right.  There is, however, a difference in being an above average championship team, which typically tends to get you to LOS, and being a team that could claim to be classified as the top 5 out of 50 teams in the last 50 years.  You might be able to make a claim of top 10 out of 50, pending the results of this season, but top five looking at the 2009-2012 LCC teams, that monster Pioneer 2018 squad, and the likes of the Sheridan squads in the 2005-2007 seasons and also the 1998 squad is not that likely a feat.  Matter of fact, I'd even contend that there are some squads that didn't make it to LOS that would be in the running for top squads.  That Pioneer squad from 2009 and the Sheridan squad from 2011 were probably the second best teams in 1A in those respective years that never even made it to LOS.

Couldn't beat the 2015 team either in my opinion. Played against that team in high school, not fun. Not as physical as the 2009-12 teams, but so much talent on that 2015. Jack Kiser said the best Pioneer team he ever played on was the 2015 Pioneer team with his brother, and Pioneer lost to LCC in the regional that year 31-14 I believe. 2019 is the only one I would say they have a shot against.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Couldn't beat the 2015 team either in my opinion. Played against that team in high school, not fun. Not as physical as the 2009-12 teams, but so much talent on that 2015. Jack Kiser said the best Pioneer team he ever played on was the 2015 Pioneer team with his brother, and Pioneer lost to LCC in the regional that year 31-14 I believe. 2019 is the only one I would say they have a shot against.

Being more of a defensive guy, the 2009-2012 squads always held my attention for their physicality.  You are right that that 2015 LCC team had lots of talent on it; especially from an offensive standpoint.  The receiving corp was just overflowing with targets and then you toss in Jackson Anthrop in the backfield and it was hard to figure where you were going to be attacked.  Pioneer was really good that year and that 31-14 score was a little misleading as Pioneer led that game 14-10 going into the 4th quarter.

18 minutes ago, RingLeader said:

Jack Kiser is incredibly humble. His 2018 team had 3 D-1 players in the backfield and the state’s 100 meter champion.

100%.  Couldn't agree more!

3 minutes ago, ragdoll said:

In 2007, Kevin Wright was coaching at Western Ky, not Warren Central. And, that 2007 team Warren team was not so good having lost a lot of top players.

And their mothers dressed them funny too.

Lord, I apologize for that there.

I’ve shared my opinion in other threads, but to summarize what I would do with my magic classification wand, if I had it.

1A: smallest 32 (no P/P)

6A: largest 32

2A-5A: divide them up evenly…spread out the byes based on some metric if you wish

Rolling 3 or 4 year SF cycle.  I could lean to either one.

Would you have to reclassify and move some teams around every year? Yes.  Is this insurmountable? No.  

Edited by US31
  • Like 1
  • Kill me now 1

2 hours ago, foxbat said:

Being more of a defensive guy, the 2009-2012 squads always held my attention for their physicality.  You are right that that 2015 LCC team had lots of talent on it; especially from an offensive standpoint.  The receiving corp was just overflowing with targets and then you toss in Jackson Anthrop in the backfield and it was hard to figure where you were going to be attacked.  Pioneer was really good that year and that 31-14 score was a little misleading as Pioneer led that game 14-10 going into the 4th quarter.

100%.  Couldn't agree more!

Was there anybody in the northern part of the state (who wasn’t playing) who wasn’t at that 2015 game😳

End zone was a who’s who of Indiana coaches 

• Like 1

why are we arguing about the merits of a team that almost breaks the top 50 this year, imagine people wanting to dilute the 1a pool further by removing the private schools.

why don't they just require their opponent to send out their soccer team instead of their football team already

Edited by Rodney

50 minutes ago, RingLeader said:

Was there anybody in the northern part of the state (who wasn’t playing) who wasn’t at that 2015 game😳

End zone was a who’s who of Indiana coaches 

For that year, and actually several years, that LCC/Pioneer matchup was #1 vs. #2 in 1A.  Both teams were undefeated at that point and both had just waltzed right through sectionals.  It was also the first year that LCC had played in 1A since 4-peating and spending two years up in 2A via one of the first "guests" of Success Factor, so there was a lot of excitement about that game.  The only other team that I saw that drew a crowd like that in the last 20 years at LaRocca was when LCC and West Lafayette played in 2011 ... the Immaculate Interception game. 

On 10/2/2023 at 10:48 AM, temptation said:

We gonna turn this into a "not only does Lutheran not have built in advantages but they ACTUALLY has many disadvantages" type of thread?

You and your buddy kinda turned it in to an anti p/p thread. I swear to God you did

Edited by Donnie Baker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

Can you get Lutefisk at Indy Lutheran home games?  I remember from my days of listening to The Prairie Home Companion that in Lake Wobegon there was always Lutefisk at the Lutheran church pitch-ins.

Wrong Lutherans.  Those are the Wisconsin folks.

We'd serve you sauerbraten.

• Like 1