Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 8

5 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Some fun gameday discussion...take your pick, what is more likely to happen?

1. Central scores twice on Castle or Harrison scores three times on Mater Dei?

2. Reitz shuts out Bosse or Bosse scores 28+ and makes it a close game?

3. Ben Davies throws for 200+ yards and 2 TDs or Elijah Wagner runs for 200+ yards and 2 TDs?

4. Vincennes beats Memorial or Jasper beats North?

5. Luke Lindsey throws for 100+ yards and 2 TDs or Porter Rode plays and rushes for 100+ yards and 2 TDs?

Those some difficult choices indeed.  I’ll go with:

1.  Central scores twice on Castle.  Castle gives up about 25 points a game, so it’s possible.  As FootballFan2000 correctly notes, Harrison has scored 0, 7 and 12 all their games except at Central.

2. Reitz shuts out Bosse (I guess).  No one has held Bosse under 16 this year. Bosse gives up 37 points a game, so Reitz will top that.  So even if Bosse scores 28 it won’t be close - so 28 and close is less likely to happen.  I picked Reitz 42 Bosse 28 - still not close.

3. Ben Davies throws 200+ yards and 2 TDs.  He threw for 2 TDs against a stout Memorial defense, and Bosse’s defense is as stout as a Buckler.  Wagner running for 200+ yards a 2 TDs is every bit as likely.  Nobody seems to stop him.  But if “more likely” is the measure, it goes to Davies.

4. Jasper beats North.  Memorial’s D is solid.  I don’t see Vincennes being up to the challenge without Hunt.  If the Jasper OL can block effectively, and run like they like to do, they could beat North.  Again “more likely.”

5. Porter Rose plays and rushes for 100+ yards and 2 TDs.  Lindsey has only thrown for 82 yards and 1 TD if MaxPreps is to be believed…so good luck and God bless trying to get 100+ yards and 2 TDS versus Memorial  I give Porter Rode on crutches a better chance.

7 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Some fun gameday discussion...take your pick, what is more likely to happen?

1. Central scores twice on Castle or Harrison scores three times on Mater Dei?

2. Reitz shuts out Bosse or Bosse scores 28+ and makes it a close game?

3. Ben Davies throws for 200+ yards and 2 TDs or Elijah Wagner runs for 200+ yards and 2 TDs?

4. Vincennes beats Memorial or Jasper beats North?

5. Luke Lindsey throws for 100+ yards and 2 TDs or Porter Rode plays and rushes for 100+ yards and 2 TDs?

I’ll go against the grain a bit here. 

Harrison scores three times on MD. 

Reitz with the shutout, and to the next one, Davies throws for 200 and 2.

Jasper beats North.

Rode plays and rushes for 100 and 2

Edited by TransplantedPanther