Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 7

Best week of the SIAC season, all the matchups are good and include teams that are right next to each other in the standings/power rankings. Games that could easily go either way and are tough to call. In these tight matchups, I lean more towards the home teams. 

Harrison at Central - this is a matchup where I'm just taking the home team. Both teams have really struggled and shown little glimpses here and there. I feel like it could be high scoring. I will take the Bears by 1 score.

MD at Bosse - it's amazing that we're even at a point where we're considering Bosse beating a Mater Dei team. But here we are, this is the best team Bosse has had in 10 years and obviously not a MD team like we're used to. MD could very well win this but Bosse probably has some more confidence after almost beating Memorial, and they know this is one of their best chances to get a win. I will take the Bulldogs by 2 scores.

Castle at Jasper - another matchup where it was decided by who is at home. Jasper is starting to roll but Castle may be motivated to bounce back after falling to 3-3. I'm not sure if Castle can stop the Jasper rushing attack enough to win this. I will take the Wildcats by 2 scores.

Vincennes at North - I think if Vincennes had Hunt they could win this game and possibly finish 8-1. They showed they can still put up points without him but will struggle against a stout North defense. I think North takes care of business at home and moves closer to their best regular season since 2007. I will take the Huskies by 2 scores.

Memorial at Reitz - GAME OF THE WEEK! Well, at least by records and ranking. Unfortunately, the Tigers are missing some key players and the Panthers have gotten healthy. Ironically, this game may be the least close game out of all. But who knows. The Tigers will hang tough and this game is probably for the conference title, so they won't go down easily. Their defense is good enough to give their offense chances. But will they be able to score? I think the Reitz DL and LBs will cause them some trouble. Should be a Bowl full of people and a great atmosphere, gotta love it. I will take the Panthers by 3 scores.

• Like 2

Agreed, this is a stellar week for close games.  I’ll go Courier & Press style and pick scores.  Ok I'm serious with the scores, but not the write-ups.

Harrison 7 Central 8 - Central wins on a two point conversion (Jacob Tenbarge to Jamontre Johnson) with 52 seconds left. Harrison takes the ensuing kickoff to the Central 5 yard line.  Harrison QB then inexplicably takes a knee to preserve the narrow one-point loss.

MD 14 Bosse 27 - Coach Mullen rebuffs coach Goebel's halftime offer to trade his entire Sophomore class for Elijah Wagner.  Wagner responds with a boffo second half performance

Castle 28 Jasper 30 - Coach Lewis sets school record for most running plays in a game by instructing his team to fair-catch all punts and kickoffs. 

Vincennes 17 North 26 - North gambles twice on offense by running a reverse and a halfback pass.  In the same game.  Huskies survive this offensive devilry and fend off the Xander Hunt-less Alices.

Memorial 7 Reitz 24 - Keifer Sanderson, not to be outdone by Matt Gay, kicks eight field goals for the win. Panthers achieve their preferred score in close games.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Week 7 picks!

Harrison at Central

While there will be a battle of unbeaten off of the Lloyd, I guess you can consider this as the Battle of Beatens? Both teams come into game winless and inched for their first win of the season. Harrison has seen some improvement the last couple of games and could move down field. Central finally cross 10+ points threshold last week against Jasper. But I think I’m going to pick the Warriors by 7 in this matchup.

MD at Bosse

This has been down year for MD, although there has been a couple of games that could have gone their way this season. Bosse on the other hand, while they are 1-5, has one of the best offensives in the SIAC with an explosive player in Wagner. It will be interesting to see if MD can slow down the Dawgs tomorrow, but I think Bosse will get its first win over Mater Dei in 30 years. Give me Bosse by 10.

Castle at Jasper

Castle has fallen in a slump the last 2 weeks losing to VL and letting the Reitz game slip away (Reitz went on a 31-0 scoring run after Castle led 17-7). But I wouldn’t count out the Knights at all, Jasper seems like they have figured themselves now, going on a 3 game winning streak and improving in different areas. There is going to be lots of running on Jasper’s part tomorrow, can the Knights stop them? I can see a close game, but give me Jasper by 3.

VL at North

VL is having their best season since joining the SIAC at 5-1, however, has lost  Hunt for the rest of the regular season. But the run game still looks strong under McCrary and QB Lindsey did show glimpses in his passing game. North seems like they have slowly figured out some things too regarding their defense holding Bosse to 16 and keeping MD to 0 points. This should be an exciting matchup on US-41. I’ll take the Huskies by 9.

Game of Week

Memorial at Reitz

The Battle of Unbeatens in the SIAC, as Memorial is 6-0 for the first time since 2019. However the Tigers did take a massive hit losing QB1 and RB1 after the MD game. However, the Tigers have battling the last 2 weeks dealing with those injuries and remained unblemished in their record. As they have one of the best defenses in the conference/4A. But their biggest opponent looms tomorrow against the defending SIAC and undefeated Reitz Panthers. Who has the #2 offense and #1 defense in the Conference and one of the best in 4A. As Panthers are looking to redeem themselves after last years lost to Boonville and trying to run it back with the SIAC Title + more. If both teams were healthy, this could been an intriguing matchup, but it can still be with both defenses and a little bit of luck. I picked Memorial last year and they lost, as Reitz took that matchup 27-18. Reverse psychology maybe? But, I think the Panthers will take this one by 17 (24-7 final score).

• Like 1

If jasper doesn’t open it up some they might not get a first down tonight. Castle loading the box and kicking our butts up front. 

Just now, combthehair said:

If jasper doesn’t open it up some they might not get a first down tonight. Castle loading the box and kicking our butts up front. 

Jasper first down 22 yard pass. I’m so smart.