Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional Draw 2023

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

So weather is the great equalizer only sometimes. You're right, blowing snow has no affect on a team that throws the football. 

I put as much stock into a warm bucket of hamster vomit as I do CalPreps. That being said, I wouldn't bet against EC. I'm just saying it wouldn't be the blowout everyone claims it would be. I would have EC as a 58% favorite. Some posters just talk out their ass, someone needs to level the playing field. 

Self imposed warning point: 1

Last year you guys averaged 80.69 passing yards per game. Against Valpo you had 58 yards passing and had more passing TDs than your average per game. Yes, those 22 lost yards of passing were definitely what lost you guys the game. Not the fact that Valpo threw 5 passes all night and you guys still couldn't stop the run even though you knew it was coming. C'mon man. 

4 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Fiction

you are delusional, anyone in the state would have put money behind NP EC and Roncalli against Valpo. and they would have won.

Memorial would have been capable of winning, but not a favorite.

I don't remember who I had coming in at fifth so I'll just give you that one.

5a had the lowest quality of football between the five classes last year, and the three I mentioned first would have named their score in every single game of the playoffs.

Next up: my first statement; see post from lysander, 7 out of 10 generally qualifies as "most" in my book.

My take on Calpreps or Sagarin is this, they suck. Think they both had HSE as 21+ point favorites vs Carroll in semi-state last year, how did that work out?

Warren Central was a massive favorite vs. Snider according to both, Snider stomped a mud hole on Warren on the road. I put zero significance in Calpreos or Sagarin 

3 minutes ago, Rodney said:

you are delusional, anyone in the state would have put money behind NP EC and Roncalli against Valpo. and they would have won.

Memorial would have been capable of winning, but not a favorite.

5a had the lowest quality of football between the five classes last year, and the three I mentioned first would have named their score in every single game of the playoffs.

Next up: my first statement; see post from lysander, 7 out of 10 generally qualifies as "most" in my book.

I would have taken Snider against any one of those teams last year and no, none of those teams would have been a heavy favorite against Snider. You are delusional if you believe that

3 minutes ago, Rodney said:

the three I mentioned first would have named their score in every single game of the playoffs.

To your credit, you did say "capable." I can live with that. 

No team in 4A would have named their score against Snider last year, probably not even Valpo. C'mon Rodney. 

2 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

I would have taken Snider against any one of those teams last year and no, none of those teams would have been a heavy favorite against Snider. You are delusional if you believe that

Snider couldn't even make it to the show last year in one of the weakest 5a pools in history. Hopefully this year includes a better showing.

5 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

The irony is I think some of the only people on this forum that don’t believe that are you Snider guys lol 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

My take on Calpreps or Sagarin is this, they suck. Think they both had HSE as 21+ point favorites vs Carroll in semi-state last year, how did that work out?

Warren Central was a massive favorite vs. Snider according to both, Snider stomped a mud hole on Warren on the road. I put zero significance in Calpreos or Sagarin 

It's a helluva a lot more accurate than you or anyone give credit for.

Valpo and Whiteland were bad

In all honesty I thought Snider was aight last year right up until they stopped tackling things and let Valpo walk off with a state championship.

but even when I thought they were a good football team last year, I would've bet the house on any of the top three from 4a.

10 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Valpo and Whiteland were bad

In all honesty I thought Snider was aight last year right up until they stopped tackling things and let Valpo walk off with a state championship.

but even when I thought they were a good football team last year, I would've bet the house on any of the top three from 4a.

That's a valid opinion, but the games would be competitive at the very least. I think calling Valpo and Whiteland "bad" is a stretch. 

12 minutes ago, BTF said:

That's a valid opinion, but the games would be competitive at the very least. I think calling Valpo and Whiteland "bad" is a stretch. 

I will contend that the games would have been competitive for at least one quarter

4 hours ago, ragdoll said:

I recall as a young fella that Wilbur Snyder was the World's Most Scientific Wrestler. I would nominate Bobby Cox as the World's Most Scientific Athletic Commissioner. 

I’m curious as to how many people on here actually know who Wilbur Snyder is. The young folks have probably never heard of him. Heck, most don’t even know Dick the Bruiser which feels like a crime if you’re a Hoosier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I’m curious as to how many people on here actually know who Wilbur Snyder is. The young folks have probably never heard of him. Heck, most don’t even know Dick the Bruiser which feels like a crime if you’re a Hoosier.

I know all about Dick the Bruiser.  His name was William Afflis and he played football 4 years at Lafayette Jeff.  He played guard and was an All-State player.  His Senior year, in 1946, the Jeff football team went 7-1.  Jeff's only loss was to Indy Tech, but Tech had to forfeit.  

1 minute ago, Tippy said:

I know all about Dick the Bruiser.  His name was William Afflis and he played football 4 years at Lafayette Jeff.  He played guard and was an All-State player.  His Senior year, in 1946, the Jeff football team went 7-1.  Jeff's only loss was to Indy Tech, but Tech had to forfeit.  

Good stuff. Dick the Bruiser is a legend. Had no idea he went to Lafayette Jeff and played football there. Thanks for the history lesson. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I grew up watching Dick the Bruiser at the Memorial Coliseum wrestling The Sheik and countless other villains. One of my all time favorite wrestlers

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tippy said:

He actually went to Shortridge his first two years of high school and played football there.

2 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

I grew up watching Dick the Bruiser at the Memorial Coliseum wrestling The Sheik and countless other villains. One of my all time favorite wrestlers

Dick the Bruiser, the Crusher, Wilbur Snyder, Bobo Brazil, Baron von Raschke, the Valiants, the Blackjacks, Bobby Heenan…All WWA legends.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2023 at 7:48 PM, Lysander said:

5A Sectional 12 has 3 teams in it.  

3 Teams….one of which is Snider (whom I admire)…but still..3 freakin’ teams.

I’m sorry but 5A as it stands today is a joke.

That is due to ISHAA reclassifying Dwenger to 4A this summer. Not sure why they did it, but it is the ISHAA. 

1 hour ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I saw Dick the Bruiser riding a white V65 Magna on 465 when we were going to see Van Halen in 1984. I swear to God I did

• Like 1
  • Haha 2