Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HCC Week #7

30-6 on the season.

Avon @ Zionsville:  This may very well be Avon's best chance at a win thus far and possibly the rest of the way depending upon the sectional draw.  Zionsville still licking its wounds after that shellacking at the hands of Brownsburg which is nothing to be ashamed of.  Avon gets closer every week but I think they come up short again.  Eagles win 27-20.

Brownsburg @ Noblesville:  This Brownsburg team is out to prove something.  The regular season success is well documented but most, including myself, are in wait and see mode in late October/early November.  HUGE opportunity for the Millers here as even keeping this once close could allow them to leave with their heads held high.  I just don't see it however.  Bulldogs win 41-17.

Fishers @ Westfield:  Game of the week in the conference as these two a firmly cemented in tier 2 (along with HSE) behind Brownsburg.  Rocks were obliterated in front of a standing-room only crowd a couple of weeks ago and will be out to prove that they are better.  I am taking Fishers in a nail biter/mild upset.  Tigers win 24-20.

Franklin Central @ Hamilton Southeastern:  Like Avon, FC just can't seem to get over the hump though they play teams close.  I see that being the case again but HSE just has too much in the end.  Royals win 30-17.

What say you?

10 hours ago, temptation said:

30-6 on the season.

Avon @ Zionsville:  This may very well be Avon's best chance at a win thus far and possibly the rest of the way depending upon the sectional draw.  Zionsville still licking its wounds after that shellacking at the hands of Brownsburg which is nothing to be ashamed of.  Avon gets closer every week but I think they come up short again.  Eagles win 27-20.

Brownsburg @ Noblesville:  This Brownsburg team is out to prove something.  The regular season success is well documented but most, including myself, are in wait and see mode in late October/early November.  HUGE opportunity for the Millers here as even keeping this once close could allow them to leave with their heads held high.  I just don't see it however.  Bulldogs win 41-17.

Fishers @ Westfield:  Game of the week in the conference as these two a firmly cemented in tier 2 (along with HSE) behind Brownsburg.  Rocks were obliterated in front of a standing-room only crowd a couple of weeks ago and will be out to prove that they are better.  I am taking Fishers in a nail biter/mild upset.  Tigers win 24-20.

Franklin Central @ Hamilton Southeastern:  Like Avon, FC just can't seem to get over the hump though they play teams close.  I see that being the case again but HSE just has too much in the end.  Royals win 30-17.

What say you?

• Agreed. Zionsville can give anyone a fight, but Lebanon is the only team that Zionsville put away before the 4th quarter. And they have lossed 3 straight. I don't think they're going to flip the script. Avon could have a shot to take this one in the 4th quarter. But, I agree with Zionsville by 7 or less
  • Noblesville will be starting a lot of Seniors Friday who have seriously given that program 100% every night since they where starting or getting major PT as Sophomores. I would love to see them finish out what could be their last home game with a major upset. I could see the energy of the night keeping it close and then Brownsburg pulling away for a type of W you're predicting. The 'Dogs are feeling different this year.
  • Two teams who will enter the 6A Playoffs as darkhorses teams nobody wants to play. Both very well coached. Both with a lot of talent, including D1 type of talent. I'll go with Westfield by 6. They bounced right back and beat Avon the way they should have. I'll bet on Gilbert not losing 2 in a row in front of the Westfield crowd.
  • Agreed. FC can compete with HSE. HSE just has too much talent and a very good OL with a TE and some WR's that can play. I'm surprised that Hamilton kid at WR has only fielded 1 Power 5 Offer (Kentucky) unless his offer list is incorrect on 247.
  • Like 1