Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HCC Week #7

26-6 on the year.

Franklin Central @ Fishers:  Momentum for the Flashes as they have won two in a row whereas Fishers bounced back last week with a narrow win over Avon.  Possibly the two most improved teams in the conference and I still think the Tigers are a dark horse representative for the north if the bracket falls correctly.  I see this one close early before Fishers pulls away late.  Tigers win 30-17.

Noblesville @ Hamilton Southeastern:  I thought the Millers had turned the corner (again) and picked them for a mild upset at FC last week but it just didn't happen.  HSE went on the road and took care of a solid Zionsville team.  I think the Royals win here fairly comfortably.  HSE wins 34-20.

Westfield @ Avon:  No one needs to see the field sooner this week than Westfield who absolutely laid an egg in front of a capacity house last week against Brownsburg.  The Orioles are improving but just can't get over the hump.  I think they see an angry Shamrocks squad with a chip on its shoulder.  Westfield rolls 38-14.

Zionsville @ Brownsburg:  The Eagles are good enough to give anyone in the conference a scare but this Brownsburg team just feels different.  I don't think they are reading their headlines after the way the past few seasons have ended.  I expect a focused Bulldog squad here.  Brownsburg wins 30-14.

What say you?

9 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Sounds about right. I would put that Westfield/Avon game a bit closer. Westfield can score with anyone (other than Brownsburg), but their defense has left a lot to be desired. I'd say more like Westfield winning 31-26

Not sure it will be that close but Avon is improving.  Early in the season they looked like they had a new coach with a new system (and of course they did). But, the last few weeks they have looked much better and much more at ease in executing the game plan.  Avon is going to get someone (maybe 2) before the season ends.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Not sure it will be that close but Avon is improving.  Early in the season they looked like they had a new coach with a new system (and of course they did). But, the last few weeks they have looked much better and much more at ease in executing the game plan.  Avon is going to get someone (maybe 2) before the season ends.

In the preseason, I set the O/U on Avon wins at 2.5 and you said “the new coach would get them 2 more wins than I am giving them credit for.”

On 9/28/2023 at 1:55 AM, Staxawax said:

Sometimes it takes a bit to get everything grooved.

On 9/27/2023 at 11:49 AM, temptation said:

26-6 on the year.

Franklin Central @ Fishers:  Momentum for the Flashes as they have won two in a row whereas Fishers bounced back last week with a narrow win over Avon.  Possibly the two most improved teams in the conference and I still think the Tigers are a dark horse representative for the north if the bracket falls correctly.  I see this one close early before Fishers pulls away late.  Tigers win 30-17.

Noblesville @ Hamilton Southeastern:  I thought the Millers had turned the corner (again) and picked them for a mild upset at FC last week but it just didn't happen.  HSE went on the road and took care of a solid Zionsville team.  I think the Royals win here fairly comfortably.  HSE wins 34-20.

Westfield @ Avon:  No one needs to see the field sooner this week than Westfield who absolutely laid an egg in front of a capacity house last week against Brownsburg.  The Orioles are improving but just can't get over the hump.  I think they see an angry Shamrocks squad with a chip on its shoulder.  Westfield rolls 38-14.

Zionsville @ Brownsburg:  The Eagles are good enough to give anyone in the conference a scare but this Brownsburg team just feels different.  I don't think they are reading their headlines after the way the past few seasons have ended.  I expect a focused Bulldog squad here.  Brownsburg wins 30-14.

What say you?

I was at the Zionsville/HSE game. The final score was a little deceiving. Zionsville jumped out to a 14-0 lead and HSE took it back at 17-14 going into the half. It was 24-17 HSE with only 4 minutes left and HSE was lining up for a punt. They converted a fake punt for a long gain and then ended up kicking a FG. HSE picked off a pass on the following Zionsville posession that turned into a 26 yards TD pass to Hamilton and then Zionsville scored on a 70 yard pass to Hilton. 

Donovan Hamilton finished the game with 8 catches, 225 yards, and 3 TD's. For Zionsville, Hilton had 3 catches, 118 yards, and 2 TD's. HSE makes Hamilton a focal point of their offense. For the life of me I can't figure out why Zionsville doesn't do the same for Hilton. His 1st TD catch was a short screen that he took 37 yards for a TD and used some nice spin moves to alude HSE defenders. Other than a short slant that he caught every other pass thrown to him was on a long fly route. They typically just line him up out wide and have him run fly routes. They need to find ways to get the ball in his hands near the line of scrimmage and not just relying on him to out maneuver DB's on poorly thrown fly routes. Anyways, like you said, Zionsville (outside of the Noblesville disaster) puts up one helluva fight every Friday night. They also played HSE with their backup QB who is a Sophomore. He played very well for his first varsity start against a stout HSE defense. The starter left the Noblesville game late in the 4th quarter. Not sure how serious his injury is. I agree though. Brownsburg should roll. 

On 9/27/2023 at 11:49 AM, temptation said:

26-6 on the year.

What say you?

4-0 (30-6)

On 9/29/2023 at 12:42 PM, temptation said:

Yep, and cutting your teeth in far and away the best conference in Indiana is no small task.

And, as we've seen with the MIC in the past, sometimes you get down and it's hard to get back up again. You can be pretty darn good in the HCC but the results don't show...especially when you share a Sectional with BD and Brownsburg, too.