Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Big Ten Rankings (Week 4)

temptation

19 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

You dropped IU to the bottom with their impressive win over Akron in 4 OT's?  Who cares if Akron had a centered approx 31 yd FG to win the game at the end of regulation and missed????

Jo Jo the Circus Boy celebrated like they had won the Rose Bowl.....

It was embarassing...as was the post game locker room celebration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

You dropped IU to the bottom with their impressive win over Akron in 4 OT's?  Who cares if Akron had a centered approx 31 yd FG to win the game at the end of regulation and missed????

Jo Jo the Circus Boy celebrated like they had won the Rose Bowl.....

Shame on me for thinking IU may have turned a corner after a strong 2nd half offensive showing against Louisville. Saturday night was pathetic. Walt Bell should have been fired yesterday but honestly don't know who they'd have call plays? 

The Tom Allen era can't end soon enough. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Shame on me for thinking IU may have turned a corner after a strong 2nd half offensive showing against Louisville. Saturday night was pathetic. Walt Bell should have been fired yesterday but honestly don't know who they'd have call plays? 

Guy ALWAYS knows where the camera is...

On 9/25/2023 at 11:42 AM, Footballking16 said:

IU football has hit a new low with that pathetic performance against Akron. Been an IU football fan my whole life and not sure it can get any lower than this. Kind of like watching Colorado fans bum rush the field with an overtime win against Colorado State…

• Haha 1

On 9/27/2023 at 12:30 PM, ragdoll said:

Watched DeBoer and staff and Penix with another offensive demolition Saturday night. 

Which bets the question is Penix more a product of the system or should he be in the conversation with Maye and Williams for which QB goes first. I've heard some analysts suggest Williams has some red flags in terms of how he plays against good defenses. 

17 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Purdue, Northwestern, and Michigan State are as putrid as IU so I think they all should share that 14th place designation 

So true. And yet I'll uncomfortably watch every Purdue game. I'll also add seeing Maryland, Iowa and Ruters at 5-7 (hard to argue against these rankings) reminds me once again that I'm looking forward to the West Coast additions. I tried watching the Iowa/Iowa State game on 3 different tries and had to switch away everytime. Just too boring for me to watch. Maryland and Rutgers really don't move the needle as well in terms of must watch games.

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

Which bets the question is Penix more a product of the system or should he be in the conversation with Maye and Williams for which QB goes first. I've heard some analysts suggest Williams has some red flags in terms of how he plays against good defenses. 

He's got unbelievable talent and arm strength. His game has taken off since being in DeBoer's system. 

Biggest knock in Penix is always going to be his prior injuries. Penix suffered season ending injuries all 4 years at IU. Can obviously fault IU for lack of line protection but two of them have come on non-contact ACL injuries and a broken clavicle sneaking it in from the 1 yard for a TD. It is what it is at this point. I just don't know if a GM can afford to leverage a first round pick on Penix, let alone a top 5 pick given his past. But he certainly has all the makings of being a massive steal for somebody and has all the tools to make it at the level. 

13 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

He's got unbelievable talent and arm strength. His game has taken off since being in DeBoer's system. 

Biggest knock in Penix is always going to be his prior injuries. Penix suffered season ending injuries all 4 years at IU. Can obviously fault IU for lack of line protection but two of them have come on non-contact ACL injuries and a broken clavicle sneaking it in from the 1 yard for a TD. It is what it is at this point. I just don't know if a GM can afford to leverage a first round pick on Penix, let alone a top 5 pick given his past. But he certainly has all the makings of being a massive steal for somebody and has all the tools to make it at the level. 

Yeah, he makes NFL caliber throws. I didn't realize he was injured that many times. Agree it could hurt him in the draft and if he falls he has the potential to be a huge steal. I just looked at 3 different mocks. One had him at #3 overall and the other 2 didn't have him in the 1st round.