Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Week 8

Covington @ Attica - Covington must have played amazing last week (or Seeger played horrible??) It doesn't really matter.. Covington wins 52 - 12

NV @ FC - FC looked horrible last week. Hopefully Herb can get his boys going again and make this game close. NV looks like they have things rolling in the right direction. A win here sets up a big game next week vs Seeger. I think that's what will happen. NV wins this one 42 - 28 

RP @ PH - Both teams have made improvements this year and have been in close games. I'm going to pick RP to win this one 28-20

SV @ Seeger - WRC championship on the line!! I think SV is too much to handle for Seeger. I don't know what happened last week with Seeger but SV looked very good against FC.. I think SV is probably two or three scores better.. SV wins 35 - 21

Conference Championship week but this maybe the best week of matchups in the WRC. Covered bridge is just around the corner and that means playoffs will be here soon with the draw being on Sunday. Now time for the squirrel's picks.

Covington @ Attica- Covington almost pulled off an amazing upset last week but they will get back in the win column this week with the worst team in the conference. Coving over the ramblers 54-6

NV @ FC- FC got humiliated last week against the wildcats and NV started slow against the woofs last week. NV is better up front and I think White is better than Acton and I think the Falcons are just better give me the Falcons 44-23.

SV @ Seeger- Is seeger playing possum after almost imploding against the Covington Fakers last week? Will the Wildcats somehow manage to lose to the Patriots again? This all comes down to a blowout for the conference championship. SV's victory lap goes through Williamsport this week as the Wildcats win 54-12

4 hours ago, GroundSquirrel said:

Conference Championship week but this maybe the best week of matchups in the WRC. Covered bridge is just around the corner and that means playoffs will be here soon with the draw being on Sunday. Now time for the squirrel's picks.

Covington @ Attica- Covington almost pulled off an amazing upset last week but they will get back in the win column this week with the worst team in the conference. Coving over the ramblers 54-6

NV @ FC- FC got humiliated last week against the wildcats and NV started slow against the woofs last week. NV is better up front and I think White is better than Acton and I think the Falcons are just better give me the Falcons 44-23.

SV @ Seeger- Is seeger playing possum after almost imploding against the Covington Fakers last week? Will the Wildcats somehow manage to lose to the Patriots again? This all comes down to a blowout for the conference championship. SV's victory lap goes through Williamsport this week as the Wildcats win 54-12

The Seegers- XXS small Trojans game was definitely a head scratcher 

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

The Seegers- XXS small Trojans game was definitely a head scratcher 

Trojans are a lot better than people think. I truly believe they have one of the best o-lines and one of the best d-lines in the conference. If they didn't have a freshman qb, I believe their record would be quite a bit different. Seeger game was different as the qb played quite well just the receivers didn't. Look at Covington's rushing stats and tackle leaders it's quite impressive.  Hopefully, Covington can finally pull off a win this week.

23 hours ago, WRCFan1999 said:

Trojans are a lot better than people think. I truly believe they have one of the best o-lines and one of the best d-lines in the conference. If they didn't have a freshman qb, I believe their record would be quite a bit different. Seeger game was different as the qb played quite well just the receivers didn't. Look at Covington's rushing stats and tackle leaders it's quite impressive.  Hopefully, Covington can finally pull off a win this week.

I disagree that the trojans are a top oline and dline unit in the conference. NV and SV both did whatever they wanted to do against the trojans up front also FC did as well. Maybe seeger just isn't as good as years past but since we are here, I guess I'll rank the lineman units

1. South Vermillion

2. North Vermillion

3. Fountain Central

4. Seeger

5. Riverton Parke

6. Covington

7. Parke Heritage

8. Attica

Thats it the squirrel has spoken and this is final.

• Like 2

Week 8, This season has flown by...

Covington @ Attica - Trojans seem to have found a ground game and have been playing pretty physical. Ramblers are ready for basketball/wrestling season after getting blanked by RP last week. Men of Troy by a lot. Covington 42-6

North Vermillion @ Fountain Central - It took the Falcons a while to put away the Woolfs last week. They can't wait too long to get ahead of the Mustangs or it'll be too late. Mustangs looking to stop a 2 game slide and show they're better than they played last week. Falcons in a close one. NV 35-28

Riverton Parke @ Parke Heritage - Parke County Championship. Panthers look to make it two in a row over the Woolfs. Woolfs out to prove their not the inferior program. On paper, this appears to be a close one. My gut says this may be a blowout we may not see coming. I'll be conservative. RP 34-24

South Vermillion @ Seeger - WRC Championship. The boys from Clinton looked tough in putting it to FC last week. The Patriots struggled with the Trojans. I think all the away teams win this week. SV in a close one. SV 34-30

Sectional Draws this weekend. Here's to some good draws for our WRC teams. 

22 hours ago, GroundSquirrel said:

I disagree that the trojans are a top oline and dline unit in the conference. NV and SV both did whatever they wanted to do against the trojans up front also FC did as well. Maybe seeger just isn't as good as years past but since we are here, I guess I'll rank the lineman units

1. South Vermillion

2. North Vermillion

3. Fountain Central

4. Seeger

5. Riverton Parke

6. Covington

7. Parke Heritage

8. Attica

Thats it the squirrel has spoken and this is final.

You have got to be out of your mind. Did you even watch the Seeger game? Covington had 4-5 seconds every time and had Seegers quarterback running like he was late for lunch. I agree about the NV and FC game Covington’s o-line played terrible. SV really, Covington had no problems blocking their d-line. It’s sorta hard to judge how well a defense is doing when they are on the field for 90% for the game. Almost 1400 rushing yards with one of the worst olines in the conference is quite an interesting take but you do you. 

5 hours ago, WRCFan1999 said:

You have got to be out of your mind. Did you even watch the Seeger game? Covington had 4-5 seconds every time and had Seegers quarterback running like he was late for lunch. I agree about the NV and FC game Covington’s o-line played terrible. SV really, Covington had no problems blocking their d-line. It’s sorta hard to judge how well a defense is doing when they are on the field for 90% for the game. Almost 1400 rushing yards with one of the worst olines in the conference is quite an interesting take but you do you. 

One game doesn't make a line all the sudden a top tier line. Covington's line is big but can't move and if were being completely honest seeger is not the best line in the conference the bulk of yards covington has gotten on the ground has been against bad teams like tri county and south newton and Parke heritage. I'm not saying that covington's line is bad, but to say they are a top line unit in the conference is insane. If your good you show up and ball out week after week and covington hasn't done that this year.

34 minutes ago, GroundSquirrel said:

One game doesn't make a line all the sudden a top tier line. Covington's line is big but can't move and if were being completely honest seeger is not the best line in the conference the bulk of yards covington has gotten on the ground has been against bad teams like tri county and south newton and Parke heritage. I'm not saying that covington's line is bad, but to say they are a top line unit in the conference is insane. If your good you show up and ball out week after week and covington hasn't done that this year.

That’s true I will have to agree. But putting them in 6th place is a little crazy to me. They got something going they just gotta figure out how to score. Believe it or not I got Parke Heritage beating RP haha. 21-14

On 10/1/2023 at 10:42 PM, Donnie Baker said:

Covington at Attica - ATTICA comes out and whoops Covington 50-14 JK Covington by 54.

North Vermilion at Fountain Central North Vermillion 34-28

Riverton Parke at The Woofs Riverton - 54-12

South Vermilion at Seeger SV 48-21

Can't wait to watch Wildcat Willy cheer tonight, hopefully he's wearing long johns and a visor going to be a long cold night for him.

6 minutes ago, CHUMPS88 said:

Can't wait to watch Wildcat Willy cheer tonight, hopefully he's wearing long johns and a visor going to be a long cold night for him.

Easy there, buddy!  Don’t you worry your sweet little Humps over old Willy!  A little vino and a little antipasto will keep us warm in the stands. Manjiare!

It’s time for Donnie’s thoughts. 
The best O and D lines in the conference will have their way with the Ramblers. Hopefully their new coach can keep increasing their numbers.

Riverton Parkes will blow out The Woofs 

I’m taking North Vermilions in a close one over The Ponies for the small school championship.

South Vermilions over Seegers by at least 3 scores for the big school championship. Extra meatballs in Clinton tonight!

I'll start a WRC sectional thread later on next week 

9 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

It’s time for Donnie’s thoughts. 
The best O and D lines in the conference will have their way with the Ramblers. Hopefully their new coach can keep increasing their numbers.

Riverton Parkes will blow out The Woofs 

I’m taking North Vermilions in a close one over The Ponies for the small school championship.

South Vermilions over Seegers by at least 3 scores for the big school championship. Extra meatballs in Clinton tonight!

I'll start a WRC sectional thread later on next week 

I almost wanna take back everything I said, I swear to god I do. Over 300 yards rushing for covington, won 54-6. If only they could do that against good teams. 

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

Nice win for the Mustangs tonight. Almost 500 yards of offense . 34-28 with FC taking 3 knees on the 5 to end the game 

Holy smokes! That’s a big win for FC, must have been a dogfight!