Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 28: Tippecanoe Valley @ Bishop Chatard

24 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I think Carroll is their best competition. Because, CP like Penn look great on paper. But, don't get the jobs done. 

Difference is Crown Point and Carroll’s best days are still ahead of them…they can change the narrative.

Penn’s are behind them…

Edited by temptation

10 hours ago, scarab527 said:

Chatard just this past week dogwalked a team that is better than anyone in 3A. This class would be really interesting with a lot of parity if they weren’t in it, but right now the Trojans are a bull in a china shop. 

Fact.  Chatard is just a borish conversation anymore.  Nobody would be surprised if they put a running clock on their opponents in every game they have left (one of those comments that I hope doesn't age well).  It is just a magical place.

For the record, I am torn....I would love to see TV (or anyone!) beat these guys, but on the other hand, I want them to keep winning and get bumped to where they belong.

• Like 1

As a coach do you think that a coach feels less accomplished playing with 6A talent and winning a 3A title?  I am not putting down any team, but do you think as a coach, in the back of their mind, does that take away some of the satisfaction of winning at all???  Just curious about other's thoughts

Edited by cpg1970

18 minutes ago, cpg1970 said:

As a coach do you think that a coach feels less accomplished playing with 6A talent and winning a 3A title?  I am not putting down any team, but do you think as a coach, in the back of their mind, does that take away some of the satisfaction of winning at all???  Just curious about other's thoughts

Yeah, they feel as bad as the dad rejecting his 5 year old in the driveway playing basketball.

47 minutes ago, cpg1970 said:

Does Chatard really have 6A talent?

37 minutes ago, temptation said:

Does Chatard really have 6A talent?

No.  Chatard has advantages of being a private school that have been discussed ad nauseam on this forum.  I won't argue that (although I would argue against anyone saying Chatard "recruits" it's athletes from across the city).  I, like many of the public school posters on here, pray Chatard at least wins a regional title, bumps up to 4A, and never comes back down.  

But Chatard does not have 6A talent.  I don't think Chatard has had more than 1 or 2 players with division 1 offers in the last decade.  I don't think this current team has any either, although the Chatard posters that are closer to the current team would have to confirm that.  Chatard has very good football players, and they have more of them than most 3A schools (see: private school advantages).  But they do not have any multiple star athletes that will take over a game like your top tier 6A schools.

I watched one of TV's games online, and they look like a very good football team.  I expect a good game Friday night.  Safe travels down to Indy to all Tippy fans making the trip.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TheDoctor22 said:

No.  Chatard has advantages of being a private school that have been discussed ad nauseam on this forum.  I won't argue that (although I would argue against anyone saying Chatard "recruits" it's athletes from across the city).  I, like many of the public school posters on here, pray Chatard at least wins a regional title, bumps up to 4A, and never comes back down.  

But Chatard does not have 6A talent.  I don't think Chatard has had more than 1 or 2 players with division 1 offers in the last decade.  I don't think this current team has any either, although the Chatard posters that are closer to the current team would have to confirm that.  Chatard has very good football players, and they have more of them than most 3A schools (see: private school advantages).  But they do not have any multiple star athletes that will take over a game like your top tier 6A schools.

I watched one of TV's games online, and they look like a very good football team.  I expect a good game Friday night.  Safe travels down to Indy to all Tippy fans making the trip.

Good post.

26 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Good post.

Agree completely.  I want to go back down the rabbit hole of “ad nauseam private school” talk selfishly because I want to see @Footballking16’s head explode.

“Cathedral not only has few ADVANTAGES, they have many DISADVANTAGES and superior coaching and culture is the reason for their long term success.”

Peebles has won 80% of his games since taking over at Cathedral after boasting a 54% winning percentage at his previous stops.

Must’ve gone to one hell of a coaching clinic…

Edited by temptation

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

Agree completely.  I want to go back down the rabbit hole of “ad nauseam private school” talk selfishly because I want to see @Footballking16’s head explode.

“Cathedral not only has few ADVANTAGES, they have many DISADVANTAGES and superior coaching and culture is the reason for their long term success.”

You're forgetting vastly superior youth and feeder league support which I have always maintained is Cathedral's biggest strength.

Can't go down the rabbit hole with you if you're aren't even willing to put your head in it. Nice Try though!

Edited by Footballking16
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

You're forgetting vastly superior youth and feeder league support which I have always maintained is Cathedral's biggest strength.

Can't go down the rabbit hole with you if you're aren't even willing to put your head in it. Nice Try though!

Knew you couldn’t resist.  Love sparring.

Why can’t Tech, Washington and Attucks just mimic Cathedral’s youth and feeder program model and start churning out titles then?

Edited by temptation

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

Peebles has won 80% of his games since taking over at Cathedral after boasting a 54% winning percentage at his previous stops.

Must’ve gone to one hell of a coaching clinic…

Coaching, Hard Work, Feeder program....LOL

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Why can’t Tech, Washington and Attucks just mimic Cathedral’s youth and feeder program model and start churning out titles then?

Why is that my problem? IPS is about as poorly run as any school district in the entire state, why would you expect anything different?

3 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Coaching, Hard Work, Feeder program....LOL

I'm shocked to hear a Gibson Southern fan chide what coaching and culture can do for a program.

Gibson Southern was an absolute NOBODY until Nick Hart took over. You think GS recent success all under the helm of Nick Hart is coincidental? GTFOH.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I'm shocked to hear a Gibson Southern fan chide what coaching and culture can do for a program.

Gibson Southern was an absolute NOBODY until Nick Hart took over. You think GS recent success all under the helm of Nick Hart is coincidental? GTFOH.

Looks like my sarcasm was missed.  Nick Hart was the last piece for us...community and feeder and admin and facilities were in place.  That said, you just made my point....none of these things are unique to privates.  What is unique to privates is the enrollment makeup.  This is why enrollment alone will never work as a classification system and hasn't in any state in the union.

Edited by Titan32

1 minute ago, Titan32 said:

What is unique to privates is the enrollment makeup.  This is why enrollment alone will never work as a classification system and hasn't in any state in the union.

Cathedral hasn't played in their enrollment based classification in a DECADE. I have zero idea why they are always brought to the forefront of every single one of these mindless debates. 

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Cathedral hasn't played in their enrollment based classification in a DECADE. I have zero idea why they are always brought to the forefront of every single one of these mindless debates. 

I didn't bring up Cathedral and couldn't even tell you their school colors.  If Cathedral doesn't wish to play in their enrollment class....good for them, they are much more admirable then their private brethren.